❦Scattered Dawn❦
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday 8th- 2025 (a Week later)

+2
PanzerZorn
Dark
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saturday 8th- 2025 (a Week later)  Empty Saturday 8th- 2025 (a Week later)

Post by Dark Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:08 pm

The mansion had relocated to another part of the city, a spell made it blend in with its surroundings; a building that had always been, or so it appeared to everyone that happened to look at its locked gates. 
Inside the mansion, sitting on a window bench, a young woman with light hazel hair stared out, sighing in boredom. The sunshine outside seemed to almost be calling her to go out and explore, but she knew convincing her guardian would be a hard fought battle, and she couldn’t leave the mansion’s grounds without him knowing. Sylphielle glanced at Lerant, a small pout on her lips. “I-”

“If you wish to go into the city, I will not stop you.” 

His words were so unexpected that it took Sylphie a few seconds to digest it, when she did, a smile broke out over her lips. “Really? Thank you!” She jumped to her feet, racing to the Mage and wrapping him in a tight hug that he returned with one arm, his gaze still on the document he read. “However, you must be cautious. I will not have another member of my family fall to that disease.” His tone was firm, as if merely speaking the words would make it so. 

“Don’t worry,' Sylphie said, stepping back from him. “I know to be careful, and I’ll be back before night fall.” He nodded as Sylphie raced out of his study and through the halls. It was exciting; she had never been to another world, only traveled her own, far different than this from what she recalled seeing at night. Not wanting to wait around for Lerant to change his mind, Sylphie sprinted out of the mansion as fast as she could, not noticing the second shadow that merged with her own and followed along faithfully.  

It’s not like Rhys thought it would be easy to find Olette, but she’d at least hoped that a week of searching would hand her some clues. ‘Nothing though,’ she kicked at the sidewalk, hands in her pockets. She’d managed to find the place where Akirin lived by pure coincidence, and by the same, had run into Riquel here and there, but while both also sought the Mage’s home, and more importantly Olette’s location, the two had had as much luck as Rhys herself.
She yawned, stretching her arms over her head as she tried to figure out her next step. ‘Ugh, all this searching has made me hungry.’ Rhys realized it was now past noon and she’d missed lunch. ‘Time to go find some food then.’ This world was far behind in technology than her own, but one thing they did beat her world at was food. Especially those in the shopping district, the place Rhys set her feet walking towards.

Dark
Admin

https://scatteredawn23483u82.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Saturday 8th- 2025 (a Week later)  Empty Re: Saturday 8th- 2025 (a Week later)

Post by Raijinken Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:51 pm

"Okey Ryuusei, you can do this...bby steps man." As he slowly reached for a door handle. Once open the teen stepped into the driver's seat of a long white cargo van. "That wasn't so bad," He reached for the wheel. "where'd that guy say to position your hands? Oh yeah '10 and 2'!" Before he started the vehicle, the realization something was missing hit him. "Oh yeah, gotta buckle up." Once the seat belt was on, he started the van and raced off the lot. "10 and 2, 10 and 2, 10 and 2...hy this isn't hard at all." As he swirved down the road, causing screaming people to jump out of the way. He hit several road signs and at one point, knocked over a fire hydrant on his way to wherever...

"I think I've got this whole 'driving' thing down." While unbuckling his seat belt...then immediately dropping head first onto the ceiling! He reached up and opened the door to crawl out. "I think I found a nice spot, not another car in sight." Surveying the area; it seemed pretty barren save for several large pipes going into the ground and a large heating and cooling unit. "Time to hit the town!" Before jumping over a barrier and falling, falling, falling...falling to the ground; 5 stories below.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:57 pm

There is nothing more exciting that happily skipping along only to have a white van come barreling your way…of course, that thought was dripping with sarcasm as Rhys jumped out of the way just in time, then rolled when a falling, half broken fire hydrant threatened to smash her head in…only to have water splashing down on her in a torrent.
 “What-the-hell!” Her body began to tremble, not with cold, but with anger, so much so that her horns began to peek out of her head. She quickly pulled her hood over her them and ran after the cursed van, dodging flying signs as she went. ‘Who in hell is driving that thing?’ Rhys watched the van head into a construction zone, wondering at the sheer…dumb luck of the driver, her eyes narrowing as the person finally revealed themselves just before they fell from high up.
“Ah, now things make sense.” She muttered. The devil girl took a cautionary look around, but all the humans had cleared out, fearing for their lives, so Rhys jumped the fence, landing on the other side and grabbing a piece of wood she hurled quite accurately at Ryuusei. “Would you take actual driving lessons before you try this again!” She snapped, pointing at herself. “You almost ran me over and I’m soaking wet. I do not do cold and wet well.” Her clothes were still dripping, and her hood was doing very little in hiding her horns, not to mention her pants now looked too big for her body and her combat boots squelched with water at her every step. Her eyes narrowed, arms crossing at her chest. “Who’s the wise guy that gave you that vehicle anywat?” she demanded.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:41 pm

A week? Had it only been a week? It had felt like eons to Moriko since she emerged from the tank to find her sister was not only gone, but had willingly done so. She still felt numb most of the time as she traveled with Rhys and Hotone. Both had been rather kind to her, which was saying quite a bit for the pair, since they both had rather rough exteriors. Regardless, not much progress had been made, with the exception of finding Akirin's home and occasionally crossing paths with Riquel. Neither had any new of their own regarding the matter. Moriko wasn't hearing Natsuki in her head like she did when they had the scepter, either. That made things even more difficult.
Rhys had decided it was lunch time, which Moriko agreed with. Normally the stress she was under would really kill her appetite, but she made the effort to eat and stay strong. She even sparred occasionally with her companions to stay limber. 
Which comes in handy when a van starts barreling at you.
Moriko pushed Hotone out of the way as a fire hydrant was forced out of its post in the ground by the van. All three of them were drenched from the aftermath. Rhys jumped up and rushed after the van before the other two could even register what happened. All Hotone knew was that she was soaked and she was seething. She gave Moriko a lift and they searched overhead for Rhys and the culprit. They eventually spotted her as she jumped a fence. Rhys didn't hesitate to grab a hunk of wood and hurled it at the driver - none other than Ryussei. Hotone landed several feet away from the two, then left Moriko there as she walked up next to Rhys. "Yeah, what the HELL was that all about? Did you take driving lessons from that RAT?!?"

---

Natsuki couldn't believe the week had passed so quickly. To be honest, she wasn't quite sure how time flowed in this mansion, but she was certain it was normal. The first night seemed endless. She was surprised that everyone seemed...kind? She remembered asking the Valkyrie about her jail cell. "A jail cell?" the Valkyrie laughed. "I'm not sure Lerant even has a dungeon. It's not in his interest to torture you." Sure enough, she had been given a modest room in the same corridor as the room where Olette and the mysterious girl were kept. She was there as the seemingly lifeless Olette was placed in a crystal amidst a beautiful garden. It gave Natsuki chills to watch, figuratively and literally from the frozen side of the room behind them. 
The whole ordeal left Nat very confused. Olette didn't seem to be in a good situation, as she was lifeless and puppet-like, yet people here were generally kind and the crystal seemed to be a nurturing place for her to rest. There was something big behind all this that wasn't clear to her.
In the meantime, she was given some restricted access around the mansion. They didn't seem to mind if she roamed the halls; however, the dark knights that guarded several rooms made her nervous and usually left her cautiously passing time in the guest room. She was allowed in Olette's chamber every now and again under Lerant's supervision. That time was often spent observing the garden surrounding the crystal, as, despite the situation, it really did pique Nat's interest and at least helped her feel calm (she did always want to be a florist, anyway). She would also circle the crystal several times. Every now and again she would catch a smug smirk from Lerant as she did this. It was the only time he'd look up from the book he'd bring.
She was also allowed in the library during the day. She had a feeling this was partially out of pride - the library was immensely expansive, and she wasn't quite sure she even knew that many books even existed. Lerant did, however, restrict her to one small shelf. The shelf had many of the boring classical literature pieces that Nat barely remembered from high school, but it also held some manuscripts. She wasn't a big reader but didn't have much else to do. The hand-written pieces spoke of things such as 'Silmetria' and 'Hel' and demons. They were almost like memoirs. The prose reminded her of Lerant, but...there was no way. The books looked older than Lerant...maybe even Lerant's great-great-great grandfather. She dismissed them as fairy tales.
As a week had passed, Nat became a little more comfortable with spending time outside her room. She had even given in and abandoned her street clothes for one of the gowns in the guest room's armoire that was similar to what Olette wore. She was aimlessly rearranging a vase of flowers in the parlor when she heard someone dash by. She stuck her head out the doorway to see a young girl bounding for the foyer. The girl's enthusiasm even startled the dark knight that stood vigil at the hallway's corner as she rushed past him. 
'Oh, Mori, I wish I could run to you like that...' Nat thought to herself. A week had gone by and the mansion undisturbed, but she was sure the others were on the hunt. Of course, she hadn't really made any progress herself in learning more about this enemy-not-enemy.

opheliaswhims

http://www.opheliaswhims.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:46 pm

"Full of energy, isn't she,' to her right, leaning against the wall, Natsuki would find the taller figure of one of the twin knights. His head armor was missing, and although he still wore the body armor, the laid back way he leaned against the wall, arms crossed at his chest, made him look less intimidating.
Amon gave her a cheerful smile and gestured with his hand. "Feel free to follow her, you're not being held against your will, you're free to go anytime you want." Of course, Olette would still have to stay here, but that went without saying.

"If you want to go with her, I'm sure Sylphie won't mind. Just return before nightfall and...' he gave her a cheerful smile as he straightened. "Don't think of bringing anyone not invited along, or tell them anything I wouldn't." The spiked helmet appeared in his dark clad hand and he pulled it back over his head, the eyes gleaming red despite the knight's eyes being a hunter blue. "Later Natsuki,' Amon lazily waved over his shoulder at her as he walked down the corridor, giving a nod to the other knight as he passed.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:43 pm

He didn't get far when a couple of familiar...dripping...faces stormed up to him. "Uhhhh, hey sorry about that." Both Hotone and Rhys inquired into where he learned to drive and how he even GOT the vehicle. "From a guy willing to do a cash transaction. seeing as I don't exactly have an Identity here." As for GETTING the cash...that was quite the process in itself as the gold coins he possessed which could...barely pay for groceries. Were worth quite a bit here. So his week was primarily spent settling his finances.

"I've got a manual in the glove box, plus I watched a few videos online. Guess I'll need a bit more practice." Along with the 2 cold wet hotheads, was Moriko who seemed to be numb to the whole thing. "How're you doing Moriko?" As if he even needed to ask considering what happened that night with Natsuki...
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:03 pm

"No, you need classes,' Rhys hissed at him. "No videos, no practice, not until you get through the classes in a safer vehicle." At least an instructor would have a break on their own on their side.
She wiped water dripping down her cheek, her gaze flickering over to Moriko before it returned to Ryuusei. "By the way, that thing,' she pointed up at the haphazardly parked vehicle. "Is very likely going to be towed...if it doesn't turn into smashed junk when it comes tumbling down." Not quite revenge, but it would do. "Now,' Rhys huffed, trying to rinse some of the water out of her sweater. "We should get out of here before the police arrives and decides to send us all to jail." Cause she doubted they would stay away for much longer and she'd have to throw a few punches if they tried. 
She turned to Moriko and Hotone. "Come on, let's get some food. After that we can do a little more searching." The white hair girl hesitated for a few moments, then with an air of resignation, turned to Ryuusei. "Think you'd like to join us? No,' her gaze flickered upward. "Van though."

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:41 pm

"I'm guessing you're searching for that mansion again?" As it had vanished from the lot by the time he, Rhys and Yukari emerged from the sewer. After which they were informed about the other group's encounter with the mage Lerant and his servants; what happened with the scepter and Natsuki choosing to go with them...

"If the restaurant's a ways away, how about I give you all a lift?" While giving a half-smirk.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:16 am

Well out of the way of the path of destruction by the crazy van, a local tea cafe was seeing a huge uptick in business. Sitting at nearly every available booth and table were girls in red riding uniforms, black skirts, and black calvary boots. A Historian might draw comparisons to the uniform of the British Army during the Napoleonic Wars of the 1800's. The largest clue to the identity of these girls.

It was the collection of Tanks parked in nearly ever available parking spot. The colors varied with a few of them a more sand biege color and another that was dark green. The dark green one was also the longest of them as well as the heaviest looking. It's shape more akin to a brick of metal with a tracks and squarish turret attached. The others either were talling and smaller with small, front mounted hexagonal turrets; or heavy looking with small round turrets with a small gun coming from the turret that had a smallish piece of metal on it.

What made clear who owned the tanks was the logo on nearly every turret and on the front of the hull for four tanks with the rounded turrets. A British-style heraldy with a saucer, tea-cup, and tea kettle with roses seeming to come out like steam. Just below was a ribbon with the letters ST.G.GC.

Sitting at one of the outdoor tables on the fall day, a blonde with hair done in a french braid tied off was sipping at her tea while a girl who's bright red-hair was done in the same fashion as the blonde. Another pair of blondes; one with a large black ribbon tied into her hair; and a strawberry blonde with a perm cut short. The final one was a girl with black-brown hair cut short.

"Rose Hip, could you pass me a sugar cube please?" The blonde with french braiding asked of the strawberry blonde. A sugar cube was passed to her with a smile and nod. "I hope Earl Grey arrives soon after figuring out the engine trouble."

"I still do not know what made you buy that? That was pretty much our tank funds for the year, Darjeeling." The irish-looking redhead said to the blonde who asked for the sugar.

"Oh, remember what I said when we faced the University Team's T28, Orange Pekoe?" Darjeeling would ask of her Lieutenant for her school's Sensha-dou team. Orange Pekoe had to conceed that but still...that tank was a tad wide for the streets of Tokyo.

The girls gathered at this table were known throughout the Senshadou League by their nickname; the Noble Sisters. Not for any blood relation but rather for their refined grace even under pressure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closer to the disaster that was Ryussei's attempt at driving, a familiar Panzer IV was rolling past the destruction on it's way to meet some friends.

Miho had felt rather good about the compliment and apology Riquel gave her. It wasn't much by the measures of both but the gesture was still enough. She had been hoping to see him again after but so far he seemed to be keeping aloof and at a distance. She looked up as they rolled around the corner and opened the Commander's hatch at the excitement from Saori and Mako. Apparently the source of the destruction and chaos they rolled through was found...five stories up.

They stopped at the construction site, Saori's eyes looking up as did Mako's. "Is our life going to turn into an anime or something?" Saori asked as she and the rest of the Ankou Team stared out at the van five stories up. The question as all five girls stared up at the van was how in the Kami's that happened.

A look down brought the answer to their question, or at least a clue. They rolled up to the group as Miho pointed up to the van. "Um..." A questioning and confused look painting her face. A very obvious question that she wanted to ask being late to the party.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Moriko looked up at Ryuusei's greeting. "Oh, well, y'know..." she fidgeted. She didn't get in any more to say when the other two started back up about the van. 

"Lessons?!? Forget that, I say he shouldn't be driving period! If I remember right, didn't you SLAY the first truck you saw? Do they even HAVE vans where you- oh forget it." Hotone huffed. 

At the mention of food, Moriko perked up a little. "I know a tea cafe a few blocks over. They make nice sandwiches," she suggested. She managed a smirk at Ryuusei's remark. "We should definitely be able to make it by walking." A familiar tank rolled up shortly after Moriko's suggestion. Miho popped out of the tank, as confused as anyone should be. Before Hotone and Rhys could start bickering again, Moriko shouted out, "OH! Don't mind that. Please, really, DON'T mention it. Want to join us for lunch??"

---

Nat jumped at Amon's remark. He had a point, and it's not like she made much progress INSIDE the mansion. But Olette...

She decided to accompany Sylphie. It was a good way to figure out exactly where the mansion was...if that was possible. Then she could return with her and visit Olette again. Where was the scepter? Was it in that chamber the whole time and she just hadn't noticed? She made a mental note to check later.

She returned Amon's smile wholeheartedly. "Thank you!" was all she got out before running after the girl. "W-wait up!" she called after her. Sylphie stopped and waited in the foyer. "Sylphie, right?" Natsuki greeted. "Do you mind if I come with you? I'd love to see the town."

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Rhys shot Ryuusei a narrowed eye glare. “No, thanks,' she hissed. "I would rather ride a giant viper." The white hair girl glanced over at Hotone as she spoke, and a grin came to Rhys's lips. "You know what, I agree with Hotone,' she pointed at Ryuusei. "Stay away from all vehicles...for pedestrians sake." Also known as her, and others.
Moriko mentioned a cafe, and Rhys nodded. "That sounds nice, I say we get going now, on our feet." She shot the van a few stories up another cautionary glance then took a few steps to the side as the sound of a slower vehicle reached her ears. The devil girl looked up at the human girls that appeared out of the top, glancing up as well, posing an obvious silent question.
"Oh, you know, the usual,' she said dismissively. "More importantly, let's go get some lunch. Moriko knows a nice cafe we can walk to." Rhys glanced over at her, letting Moriko take the lead. 

Halfway down the street, a voice called out from behind, and for a moment Sylphie thought Lerant had changed his mind and sent Natsuki to bring her back. The hazel hair girl turned back, bracing herself to argue, but Natsuki's next words brought a smile to her face. "Of course you can come along!" Sylphie took Natsuki's hands in her own, giving them a warm squeeze. "It is always better exploring a new town with a friend. So may I ask if you know much about the city?" She let go and started walking down the street.

"I can see the large building from here,' Sylphie pointed at the distant tall structures slightly to their left. They were somewhat far, at least for someone planning to walk there, this part of town being a more removed neighborhood. "I can fly there of course, but that would not be keeping a low profile, so...' she paused, looking around. "Is there a way to get there faster?" Sylphie knew of vehicles of course, and obviously trains and buses, but how exactly they worked...well, she lacked that knowledge. At first, Sylphie had planned to just fly, but two people in the air were far more obvious, so the girl was hoping Natsuki knew how the large vehicles worked.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:07 am

Miho looked to Rhys and nodded and accepted the answer. She turned to Saori and spoke up. "Saori, please let Team Leopon and Duck know about the van and the fact we need it moved before it hurst someone." Saori would give a nod and duck back into the tank to let the two groups made up of the Automotive Club and former Volleyball club about the van on top of the building in the construction site.

She nodded at the suggestion of going to eat and smiled. "We were on our way to meet some friends who arrived in Tokyo at a nearby Tea Shop for lunch. Hope on and we will drive you there." Miho said as Mako looked at the group and the van.

"Do not worry, I will be driving...unlike whoever got the van up there." She looked at the group trying to figure out who was the one capable of such a feat. 

Hana ducked back into the tank and than came out. "Don't worry, no shells are loaded in the gun."

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:29 am

Below the streets and even the sewers; a dark cavern was briefly illuminated by the same light that deposited a certain green-haired boy a week prior. However, instead of that boy, a large capsule appeared near the ceiling...and then plummeted into the hard rocky ground, rupturing the hull.

Inside the vehicle, alarms rang causing a pair of glowing eyes to open. Beams of light rained down on a figure that rose to a height of 6'5'. The figure let loose an ear-splitting shriek as it began to emit a multi-colored aura; it's primary color being purple, before tearing through the hull leading to the cave. Glowing red eyes pierced the darkness and found a rocky ledge which the figure launched itself to and proceeded to tear through the wall along a certain direction.

Upward...

-----

"When the last machines you see are raining fire from above. Then you wake up from that in an unknown place with MORE of them holding you at gunpoint, while you take hold of a bloody sword...only to wake up on ANOTHER FUCKING PLANET...call me and tell me how you feel." Ryuusei shot back at Hotone regarding him slaying that truck a week ago...

It was during this discussion about his van...that an actual death machine arrived. As the tank crew emerged and the discussion continued... "...Ya know it's teetering or anything, it's sitting (upside down) in the middle of that roof." And thumbed to the office building where the van was parked. He walked to the wall before turning back. "And NOBODY drives it but me." Before leaping back up the 5 stories...
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:09 pm

"Hey, wait!" Hotone shouted after Ryuusei. "Ya coming to eat, or-" but the boy was airborne before she could finish her remark. "Well, he can catch up, or use whatever tactics he used to get a hold of that van to find his own food." She rolled her eyes before finding a perch on the tank.

Moriko was too exasperated for all the chaos that was the list 10 minutes. She quietly climbed up the tank with familiarity. "I wonder if we're thinking of the same tea shop," she smiled to Miho. "I'm especially fond of their chai."

---

Natsuki turned to see the town Sylphie was admiring. She tried to restrain herself when she realized they really hadn't gone too far at all... Here, she had thought maybe Lerant whisked them to another dimension, or at least some other part of the world, yet they were only just outside of town. This only added to her confusion as to what Lerant's plans were.
"U-uh...yes, I'm definitely familiar with this city. This is my hometown," Natsuki explained. "There's a train station just up the road here. There's a really cute cafe just outside one of the stops in town, if you're hungry! My sister-" her throat caught for a moment. "Er, they have really good tea, and I love their sweets!" She flashed the other girl a warm, genuine smile.

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:51 pm

“I’ll just follow along,’ Rhys muttered. She wasn’t going to wait around for Ryuusei, and neither was she going to drag attention to herself for riding on the top of a tank…or inside it. Attention was something she definitely did not like.

“Come on, let’s get going,’ once the tank started moving, Rhys followed along…at a distance, though her pace never faltered, she did not loose or get closer to the tank than she had too, but once Rhys spotted the café, the girl finally sped up, passing the tank in a hurry to head into the café, only pausing momentarily to gawk at the other tanks, but heck, she was hungry and food came first. ‘About time, I’m starving.’ She headed for the line, looking over their menu when someone in the corner of her eye caught her attention.
Rhys mentally told herself not to turn, but even as she repeated this, the girl found herself turning slightly, looking over the two men in a corner table before quickly turning away. ‘Dammit!’ It was as if this city attracted the…. well, beings like her, because nothing anyone could say could convince her that those two males were normal humans.  

One of them had slender features, the hair captured in a ponytail was a teal blue, and his eyes were a color between blue and purple…she supposed it could be called indigo. The other one was less slender, his muscles more pronounced, his hair was a black-blue that was swept back over his head and a little messy. ‘Okay, just play it cool,’ she thought stepping forward as the person in front of her did so. ‘They’re probably trying to fit in as well…not to mention I won’t have any problem once the other…’ she glanced out the window as people, including the two males who had already been studying the vehicles outside, began to mutter about 'more', some pointing out the large windows at the vehicle rolling in. She almost felt smug, no way was she going to be noticeable with the tanks and those girls drawing all the attention...but once she ate she was so out of here. Last thing she wanted was people's eyes turned her way. 

“A train,’ Sylphie’s smile widened. “I have never ridden a train before, but I have heard of it.” Her gaze flickered over to Natsuki when the girl mentioned her sister, only to break off. It was the first Natsuki had spoken of her, and while Sylphie had thought to ask, as if he had heard her thoughts, Lerant had cautioned her against it.

“Come then,’ Sylphie started up the road. “I’m not sure how to go about being permitted on the train so you must teach me, oh and I would love to visit this cafe you mentioned.” It was simple enough finding the train station, but machinery was not something Sylphie had been around much, so as they reached the machine that spelled out the words ‘Tickets’, she frowned, looking it over. She had the currency of this country… Sylphie was just unsure how to use it and thus turned to Natsuki with a puzzled look.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:42 am

"I'M COMMIN' RIGHT BACK DOWN!" He called from the roof, before walking to where the van was. Once beside it, Ryuusei flipped it back to it's correct position before lifting it overhead with just his left hand. He then proceeded to carry it to the edge of the roof. He scanned the ground below as the others began to leave. (There should be enough room to do this safely.) He held onto the bottom tightly...and leapt off the side of the building once again...but with a massive van overhead, the descent was rather quick...so when he was about 2 stories from hitting the ground; Ryuusei used his right arm to release a burst of air to cushion his landing. Once back on the ground, he  proceeded to follow the tank...driving slowly this time instead of having the pedal to the metal like before...
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Miho watched Ryussei rocket up the building to get the van. She was about to say something to him when...he hauled the vehicle back down. Turning as Hotone and Moriko got themselves comfortable. Rhys seemed content to watch as the Van was now upright and being driven behind them...far more carefully. Mako standing up in her station as she drove the tank expertly.

"We probably are so you get to meet some of our friends." Miho would say in response to Moriko's question. The tank rolling forward, the metal shaking with the clatter of the tracks. As the tea shop came into view, they saw Rhys push ahead as they continued to roll on. The assortment of British Tanks signalling that indeed; they were here.

The Panzer IV rolling up to in front of the table where the young woman with blonde hair in a french buns and her companions were sitting drinking tea...and eating Cucumber Sandwiches. "Darjeeling." The blonde nodded and looked to Moriko and Hotone.

"Miho, it seems you picked up some new friends since our battle with the University Team. Care to make the introductions by chance?" Darjeeling said, smiling a genuine and warm smile. Her demeanor was almost refined and noble.

"Ah, Hotone and Moriko. This is Darjeeling. Team Captain for St. Glorrianna's Girls Academy." Darjeeling nodded and would indicate those at the table around them.

"To my left is Orange Pekoe; my Subcommander and Loader for my Personal Tank, the Churchill Mk. VII..." Nodding to the irish-redhead who smiled and nodded.

"To my right is Assam, my Gunner." The other blonde with the head full of long hair down to her waist smiled and woudl also give a polite nod. Raising a tea cup as Darjeeling continued the introductions.

"This is Rukuriri, commander of our Matilda Squadron." The brown-haired girl smiled politely as well with a nod and a sip of her tea. Darjeeling turned to the rose-haired woman and chuckled at her smirk.

"This lovely woman is Rosehip, our Crusader Squadron Commander. We have a missing member, Earl Grey. She is currently getting one of our newer vehicles here." Darjeeling would explain as she bid everyone to come and join them. Darjeeling would take note of Rhys...and the guys who seemed a bit too perfect.

"So, what brought you two to be friends with Miho?" Darjeeling asked of Hotone and Moriko with that smile.

Last edited by PanzerZorn on Wed May 17, 2017 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 pm

Natsuki smiled. "Oh, it's much easier than it looks!" She pointed out which buttons to select and how to feed the money into the machine, letting Sylphie work the machine. She never thought she'd ever be teaching someone how to use a train ticket terminal, but it was clear - wherever Sylphie was originally from, there wasn't technology like this. Was Lerant from the same place?

After a short wait the train arrived, as scheduled. Natuski guided Sylphie into the car, to a bench with a nice view of the outside. The car was relatively empty, save for an elderly man reading the paper and a pair of young women who had filled the bench opposite of them with shopping bags.

Natsuki sat across from Sylphie. After the train lurched out of the station, Nat pulled out a small map from the train station. "Well, it's about 30 minutes to our stop...we have some time to chat," she began, putting the map away. "I've never heard of a place without a train station. Can I ask about where you're from? What's it like?"

---

Hotone and Moriko had not heard Ryuusei's descent over the sounds of the tank, so they were a little surprised to find the previously precarious van behind them when they reached the cafe. As they climbed down off the tank, they were introduced to another squad like the one they had become friends with. This group seemed different, though: all the girls seemed like porcelain - too delicate for tanks, but after their experience with the Panzer crew, they knew looks were deceiving.

"How we met?" Moriko responded. "Ah, well, I think it was a lot by circumstance. We've been fighting a common enemy for a while now. Miho and her team have been very helpful. They even taught me a couple techniques..."

Hotone helped herself to a cucumber sandwich. "Yeah, talk about some much needed fire power for our side, especially with that crazy hammer flyin' around..."

"A-anyway," Moriko intervened, not knowing what these girls would think of their brush with the supernatural kind, "what brings your squadron to Japan?"

Last edited by opheliaswhims on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Ryuusei followed the tank to the restaurant...where another tank was parked. "Oh no...n-n-n-n-no! Spent too much on this to get it blown up if they decide to play." He still intended to eat with them, but he wasn't parking the van ANYWHERE near this place.

Ryuusei turned on the street and scanned both sides for a space big enough to fit a cargo van. (Crap!) It was the lunch hour, so a lot of people were out...which meant finding a spot around here a pain in the ass. As he was coming upon a train station, the teen signed.  "Fuck it, came this far, so I guess I'll park here." Before turning into the lot. Once he found a spot he exited the vehicle and started the trek back to the cafe.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:06 pm

‘I am not going to get involved,’ Rhys thought, grabbing her order and heading for a table…unfortunately the only open tables were outside, so Rhys reluctantly went out, sitting herself there before waving over to Hotone and Moriko. “Food.” The white hair girl had ordered several sandwiches and drinks, not really knowing what type of food (besides pizza) either of her friends would like. She had missed the introductions to the other girls, so she simply gave an awkward wave before taking a bite of her sandwich.

Her thoughts might have turned to something else then, if it weren’t that from where she sat, Rhys had a good view of the two males inside, on the corner table. Even more surprising, the teal hair male gave her a gentle smile that had her eyes narrowing in suspicion, and she glanced behind her in time to see Riquel stalk past, walking into the café and directly to the two males...yeah, she doubted that smile was meant for Riquel. Rhys had the feeling the angel might actually try to knock some teeth out if it had.

Rhys gave a sigh, trying not to hit her head on the table. “It might be better if we started moving out…somewhere else.” She stood. “Like across town.” Before things went down that she preferred didn’t. As always, Rhys's goal was to attract the least amount of attention as possible; she doubted being near tanks and angels was the way to go.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Sylphie intently observed as Natsuki fed the machine the paper money, then pulled one identical from her pocket, carefully mimicking Natsuki’s actions and smiling when the machine spit out her ticket. “So, that’s how it works,’ the hazel hair girl studied the ticket, but besides the thickness of it and the coloring…well it was paper.
Her attention soon moved on to the train tracks themselves. She understood how they were supposed to work, Lerant had a whole wall full of books on the machines of this planet, from the simplest to the most complex, but Sylphie had only managed to get through one book with an overview of them.

The sound of the train had her stepping back, a little startled, wide eyed she watched as it came to a halt, a part of the walls sliding open. Sylphie glanced at Natsuki, following her a little more slowly, taking a seat next to her companion as the train began to move, leaving the train station behind.

“We have nothing like this in my home world.” Sylphie said, tearing her gaze from the scenery outside moving quickly past the windows, to Natsuki. “There are things called ‘trains’ but they are essentially wagons hitched together, with seating inside for passengers, but they are moved by horses, or if you have the wealth for it, private carriages. Otherwise, most people will either use a horse, much smaller wagons and, often, walk." There are also magical portals set in certain places to transport people, however, those are for magicians and high ranking personnel.”
Compared to this world, hers by far lags in technology, even if perhaps not magic.

“Lerant thought it would be instructive for me to learn of this world,’ Sylphie was almost positive it also had to do with keeping her safe from the beings currently usurping her throne and the wars her father’s death had triggered. She inwardly sighted, though gave Natsuki a bright smile.
“Have you lived,’ her gaze flickered to the girls sitting opposite them and changed her words. “Here, all your life?”

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Horse and carriage? Sylphie sounded like she lived back in time, instead of another dimension or planet. Well, except for the part about magic portals.

"Oh, yeah, home sweet Tokyo," Natsuki laughed. "My sister did one year of study abroad for medicine. I was kind of lonely that year, but I used the time to explore the districts. That's when I learned I wanted to be a florist, and I learned to cook more. Mom is an English teacher and dad's an accountant. They're very busy, so I took over some of the cooking my sister did while she was gone."

During the part of the ride that was on the outskirts, Nat pointed out flora to Sylphie, naming each one, sometimes mentioning what she liked about them. As the foliage gave way to city blocks, Natsuki pointed out buildings. There was a few of her favorite street food stalls, a florist she used to often visit, and, in the distance, the university, still rebuilding the area that was charred by the fire.

They slowed to a stop at their destination, and both girls stepped out onto the platform. As they made their way to the street, Nat noticed a white cargo van careen into the parking lot. A boy got out and slammed the door before running off back where the van came from. That boy definitely wasn't from here...Nat almost immediately recognized him as Ryuusei. What was he doing here? Did that mean the others were close by?

She didn't want to attract attention and alarm Sylphie, and led her to the street parallel to the one Ryuusei went down. "Hm, that was odd," she mentioned. They made their way to the cafe, going in through the back entrance. From the back of the shop, they couldn't see the tanks. Upon entering, Nat noticed a pair of men at the corner table who almost stuck out like sore thumbs. More magical people? Natuski was confused. Maybe everyone was close by...

She gave Sylphie a gentle nudge, gesturing toward the men in the corner. "Are they from your neighborhood, by any chance?"

----

Moriko and Hotone joined Rhys at her table. Moriko pulled a cup of black tea and a croissant toward herself, while Hotone chose a lemonade and one of the sandwiches. 

"Thanks, Rhys," Moriko said on behalf of both of them. Hotone noted their companion's squirming and followed her line of vision. "Oh, hey, it's Riquel. Looks like he found a couple buddies." Hotone craned her neck further, to a point where she was bracing the table and tipping her chair back. "Mori, you're gonna want to see this."

Moriko set down her cup and turned around in her chair to see what Hotone meant. Her eyes widened at the sight of her sister with another girl. They were both in gowns that made them look they were out of a historical play. She quickly spun around, after turning her head one last time, just to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Her eyes darted between Rhys and Hotone. "Wha- I- um...we...need to try to stay discreet. We don't know who she's with, though it's definitely an acquaintance of Lerant's. We don't know if she's dangerous. We'll keep an eye on them and stay close." She went to turn around again when Hotone grabbed her shoulder. 
"Mori, that's not discreet. I can see her from here, don't worry. That kid she's with looks harmless to me, but you got a point. Maybe we should let the Tank Team know, too." She glanced over to Rhys. "You look like you can't stay in that chair much longer. How about you let Miho and the others know what's going on and check out if there's anything weird going on in or around the building?"

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:13 pm

The train arrived and people were leaving the station, Ryuusei left the lot as everyone came to retrieve their vehicles. While he didn't concern himself with the masses, he did catch sight of a pair of girls dressed MUCH more finely than the sea of suits that all 3 were wading through.In comparison, those gowns made him look like he was wearing the same scras of clothing he arrived on this planet in...even though he was wearing a brand-new red shirt...with the sleeves torn off...baring his signature 'RYUUSEI 765' across the front; where on the previous shirt only a few bits of that remained. Plus a new pair of green and brown camo-pants. Though having bought one, he decided NOT to wear the blue cape, as he would stick out way too much in a crowd like this and was already pushing it with the Mithril-chain around his waist.

(No, no that CAN'T be...) They were at a distance...but he could still make them out pretty well; the hazel-haired girl he'd never seen before, but her companion looked EXACTLY like Natsuki!

(Might not be her, but I gotta be sure.) Morkio would love to know that her sister was safe and not confined in some asshole Mage's dungeon...but if it wasn't her, Ryuusei wouldn't even mention this.

Once they were all away from the large crowd, Ryuusei moved to the other sidewalk. He picked up his pace and began to pass the two; and as he did he gave a simple "Yo!"

He continued walking along, waiting for a response...all-the-while eying the girl with her. What was this girl's deal? He didn't get a negative vibe from her. So he'd have to see what her reaction to the 'Yo' was as well.

Last edited by Raijinken on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:37 am

Miho went red in the face as Moriko talked about how they met, with the rest of Ankou sighing. "I guess the cat's out of the bag." Mako said as Miho looked nervously to Darjeeling, a sheepish smile on her face that just said volumes of how she'd explain later to their rival and friend.

Darjeeling smiled as the rest of those at the table seemed to chuckle and then Darjeeling chuckled as Moriko asked what they were doing in Japan. She smiled and sipped her tea; then responded. "Actually, we are all from Japan. My father is however a Captain in Her Majesty's Royal Navy." She would sip her tea again in response before noting the other girl who they came with sitting down and looking nervous...and Miho take off after someone else. A guy? An enigmatic smile on her face as she watched before standing to move with Moriko and Hoshiko to where Rhys was sitting.

Overhearing what Rhys said she put a hand on the woman's shoulder. "The Best Warrior is the one who wins without raising a fist or blade." She would whisper and look at the men who were looking their way. It was a chivalrous smile that also spoke volumes with the simpleness of what it said.

'I will not start anything but if you do start anything...We will finish it.' 

A look around would reveal the whole of the St. Gloriana's team looking at the men quietly sipping their tea and wearing the same smile. It was clear, these two tried to start trouble and they would have the entire Senshadou team willing to take them on.

"Shall I order us more tea...?" She smiled, obviously asking Rhys for a name to go by. Soon joined my Assam, Orange Pekoe, Rose Hips, and Vanilla joining Darjeeling right behind Rhys. All smiling with Darjeeling as they watched the two with a composure made of both Graceful beauty and Iron hard determination.
Yukari leaned in and whispered to Hoshiko and Moriko. "This is why they are called 'The Noble Sisters' of their School."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Riquel!" Miho would shout, trying to get his attention. She would catch up a moment later and stand there by his side trying to speak but feeling slightly embarrased. "Umm...um...Ri..." She stopped and caught her breath calming herself before speaking.

"Would you...um...like to join myself and my friends for Tea and whatever snacks we are able to get at the Cafe? I'll pay for yours." She said, wringing her shirt in worry and embarrassment. It was a rather interesting study in extremes. This shy, socially awkward girl was willing to charge into battle against odds that most Humans would run from when facing the unknown or Supernatural.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Sylphie listened to Natsuki with vivid interest, trying to imagine what it would be like to live such a life. Exploring the city, learning what she wanted to do...cooking. Sylphie could not cook, the very idea of her learning would have horrified the whole castle. "That sounds lovely,' Sylphie said with a sigh.

The scenery passed by quickly, but Sylphie nonetheless tried to commit to memory the flowers and trees Natsuki pointed out, as well as the specific buildings, making a note to come on foot to explore these places. She enjoyed the ride so much, it came as a surprise that, to her, it ended far too quickly. "Let's take the train again once we return." She quipped. "I'm sure there's much we missed."
The hazel hair girl followed Natsuki out into the train station, her gaze scanning the surroundings. In many ways, it almost mirrored the last place they had been, except that the buildings were different as well as the streets. This place held many more buildings, and she couldn't see the long well-tended streets and larger houses peeking out. 'So, this is the city,' she couldn't wait to explore it.
She spotted the odd, large white vehicle, but paid it little attention, instead following Natsuki's as she led them to a café, but as they walked there, she sensed a presence. Sylphie stepped to the side, allowing the male to pass them, but was puzzled when he seemed to call out to…well, it must be Natsuki, she certainly didn’t know him, and so Sylphie left it to Natsuki to respond or not, instead simply following the girl through the door to the café.   

Even from outside, Sylphie could smell the scent of different foods and the coffee. "Coffee, I definitely need to try that drink." She had never done so, but knew Lerant drank it often as well as her Einherjar. She had simply never had the chance to do so...until now.
As they entered, their presence was unavoidable, she could sense it before she saw them and gave a slightly annoyed sigh. "I wonder if Lerant knew about this." She muttered before speaking to Natsuki a little more brightly. "Yes, they are part of my guard. The one with long hair is Aneirin, the other is Raven."
 The two immediately turned their way, Aneirin giving them a warm smile and a wave, while Raven simply gave them a nod. The third male with them, also of dark hair and one Natsuki would be more familiar with, glanced their way and seemed to reluctantly acknowledge them.
"He, is not one of mine." Sylphie said even as she gave a somewhat regal nod back to the dark hair male, then glanced at Natsuki. "Is he yours?" There was also a girl with them, but that one, Sylphie couldn’t recall meeting before.

The moment Hotone seemed to take interest in who was inside, Rhys knew some trouble would be inevitable...but just maybe it wouldn't be the type of trouble that meant fighting and using powers. What did take her by surprise, is Hotone telling Moriko that she wanted to see 'this'. Now curious herself, Rhys shifted her gaze to look as well. 'It's Natsuki...' This was a surprise. Rhys had been looking for information on her whereabouts, but to find her here of all places with some girl...girl...
Her gaze narrowed and she stood without thinking. 'That girl, I know who she-' Hotone called her attention and Rhys turned, realizing she was out of her seat, she shrugged. "I would but,' she tilted her head towards the girls that had already joined them, peeking into the cafe. "Calvary's here." She would normally not let anyone put a hand on her, male or female, but since this one didn't seem intent on harming her, she let Darjeeling's hand stay, red gaze flickering to her when the girl asked her name without really doing so. "Rhys,' she responded simply. "And yeah, I wouldn't mind more tea, might help me relax."

Rhys sat back down, noting the males had turned away to greet Natsuki and the other girl behind her. Recognition hit her then, and she paused for a moment in the act of taking a drink, but then did so, deciding to keep her newly found information to herself for now.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Aneirin chuckled as he took a sip of his tea, shifting his gaze from the outside. "It seems we have been warned,' he quietly spoke to his companion.
Raven's lips lifted into a half smile. "About what?" He muttered a little more loudly. "It's not as if we're here to cause trouble." They had just arrived from a place with far too much trouble, that was the last thing they wanted to deal with. The two were simply here to make a deal with a man who might be able to help them, and in return, might just gain something out of helping them too, if he went about it the right way.

Riquel heard the girl call out to him, but she wasn't the one he was here to see so continued into the human restaurant, trying not to breathe too deeply. Whatever the scent that permeated the place, it was unpleasant.
The female voice sounded again, now closer, Riquel glanced to his side as he stopped in front of the two he had come to meet up with. They glanced from him to the girl, then away, as if silently telling him he was on his own with this.

An irritated sigh almost escaped his lips, but instead he pursed them, grey-blue eyes focusing on the female. "Young one,' he said, trying not to use his usual brusque tone. "While I appreciate the offer, I don't currently need nourishment." Riquel wasn't even sure how old the child was...or why she kept trying to speak to him. He knew humans didn't often make it past one hundred years, if that, and he knew how they looked. This one...in his estimation, she looked to be no more than eight years. "You should rejoin your parents."

There were coughs from the two males in front of him, as if they were trying to tell him something...or he had misjudged; Riquel inwardly shook his head, not understanding. "They must be worried about you."  

The two males suddenly looked up, their gazes landing on a point beyond him and the girl, so Riquel turned, noting the two females, and that both were familiar, even if the second no longer wore armor, in its stead, she was dressed in long black jeans, red ankle boots and a long- sleeve, off the shoulder shirt that matched the boots, while her long hazel hair was up in a ponytail. He gave them a reluctant nod, before turning back to the two. “There was a reason why you called me here.” He prompted.

“There is,’ Aneirin stood, stepping past him. “But it will have to wait.” He signaled to one of the employee who took a few more chairs and settled them around a larger table. Raven moved to it while Aneirin went to the two young women. “Sylphie,’ he gave her a bow that would go unnoticed in this situation. “It is a pleasure to return to you, and a pleasure to meet you, Miss.” He  smiled at Natsuki, then gestured to the table where Raven gave a more casual wave. “Hey,’ he said then signaled to the chairs. “Care to join us?” Blue eyes moved to the girl still by Riquel’s side. “You too if you’d like.”

He knew they were garnering more than few momentary looks from patrons of the café coming and going, and those sitting at the tables, but while the spell was in place, their presence shouldn’t cause too much of a stir, most people would see them as ‘usual’, and whatever they spoke off wouldn’t make it into their ears unless both Aneirin and Raven wished it.   

Sylphie glanced at Natsuki. “It’s up to you, she whispered. “If you’d prefer not too, we can go sit somewhere else.” Sylphie would order then to leave the two alone if it came down to it, but…she had never really done that. Her Einherjar did try their best for her.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Darjeeling smiled at Rhys' response and would sit next to her in a chair. "I am pleased to meet some more of Miho's friends." She was smiling while casting a glance to Miho. Whatever glamour was being used only made the rest seem normal. It would not stop glances at Miho. Some of those worried as they could see her crestfallen face as the man she had approached talked to her. Darjeeling would have to ask about that later.

Hana sighed and looked to Saori. "Poor Miho." Was the comment from the Gunner as they went to get their tea. Mako followin behind looking rather sleepy-looking. The other girls amazed that she could drive while looking that sleepy.

Saori smiled and would exclaim as she put her right hand in the air . "I'll help Miporin get her man! I am the most knowledgable about getting boyfriends!" Mako looked to her friend as Yukari smiled sheepishly.

"If Boyfriends means a new Ramen Noodle place, I'll believe you." Mako would comment back, poking fun at her friend while wearing a completely straight face. Saori turned around and looked to Mako.

"That's mean Mako." Saori would respond while managing to look pouty. The giggling from Yukari and Hana though made it clear everyone knew it was all in good natured fun for the group of girls.

Miho looked down, sad and slightly embarassed as Riquel responded. He thought she was younger...far younger. Of course who could blame him? She had no idea what Riquel was so who could say how old he was? Maybe he was one of the Tengu or some other form of Yokai or Kami even. She would of turned and walked away when the other two men, who obviously understand more of what was going on; invited her to join them. Miho turned and looked like a deer in the headlights before nodding vigorously in the affirmative. "Thank you sir." Too nice to turn down the offer.

Grabbing a chair to sit down...and falling backwards with it hard. "Ouch." Miho so hated it when she clutzed out like this. Getting the chair, and herself back up; Miho quickly got comfortable again. She looked around, deciding to stay quiet and see what she could learn. After all, Natsuki and someone else were present so it was a good time to get intel.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Seems his suspicions about that girl being Natsuki were correct from the reactions inside the cafe. (Glad she's doing alright, but what about her?) While eying her companion.

There were a lot of people inside, he gave a whistle before. "You guys rented the place out didn't ya?" To no one in particular. Aside from Rhys, Moriko and Hotone was Miho's group plus several other girls, (...probably drove the other tank.) They seemed to know each other. Miho was talking to Riquel, (...Didn't expect to see him in a place like this.) before approaching a couple of other guys and...klutzing out when trying to sit with them.

That pair acknowledged Natsuki's hazel-haired companion, one of them addressing her as 'Sylphie' before they both bowed to her, which Ryuusei had noticed as he'd followed the girls inside through the back. (Now what's this all about?) curious, he joined their conversation about where to sit. "Sylphie right? I'll join ya, we Short, Green-Eyed, Redshirts need to stick together."

Last edited by Raijinken on Tue May 09, 2017 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Mon May 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Natsuki could tell from the demeanor of Sylphie and the guards that there was no danger. It seemed to be a contrasting theme among Lerant and his circle...despite how dangerous they truly are, they have all been nothing but polite. It made her only more curious. "No, I couldn't ask that of you. Of course we'll join them." Natsuki smiled to Sylphie, going to the counter to get their orders and setting them in front of the two chairs Raven and Aneirin set for them. "So, uh, if I may be so bold, are ALL of you from the same place Lerant is from? Is he some kind of royalty or something?"

Out on the patio, Moriko and Hotone still stayed at their table, now joined by Darjeeling. Hotone was content where she was, engaged in conversation with Darjeeling and Rhys. Moriko, on the other hand, could barely keep in her chair. She stole glances back through the window, played with her food, and had shred a sugar packet to bits in a fidgeting habit. Hotone tried to ignore it, but finally she shifted her glance to the young woman. "No one's stopping you from going up to her, and if anything goes bad, you have plenty-" she gestured to the two squadrons of allies and other accomplices, "-of backup. Besides," she added, looking through the window herself, "didn't stop that crazy truck driver Ryuusei. Of course I don't think there's too much that can stop-" 
"WaitwhAT?" Moriko spat out, throwing another backwards glance. Sure enough, in the 128 seconds (who was counting?) since she had last looked, Ryuusei and Miho had joined the two men, along with Natsuki, the girl, and Riquel. It was practically a party. A very odd one at that. Moriko wondered how the group wasn't turning any heads of the, er, normal customers at the tables around them. She got up to make her way to the door. "I, I guess you have a point..." Moriko said as she hesitantly approached the door.
"You know where to find us," Hotone dismissed, turning back to Rhys and Darjeeling.
Moriko entered the cafe, weaving around the tables. The din of people talking and tableware clinking kept attention away from her - Nat and the others hadn't even looked up at the door. It wasn't until she approached the table that the two men she didn't recognize first acknowledged her, their gaze calm but guarded. 
"N-Nat? Is...is that you?" Of course it was, Mori was just in a stupor from having searched high and low, only for her sister to land right in front of her.
Natsuki looked over from Sylphie immediately and practically jumped out of her chair. "Mori??? MORI!" she rushed over to encompass her sister in a hug. Mori was too stunned to hug back, awkwardly standing straight as a board in her younger sister's embrace. "What were the chances? This is great!" she faced back to her friend. "Sylphie, this is my big sister, Moriko. Mori, this is Sylphie! She's been very kind to me. I mean, everyone has, really." 
"A-aren't you...um, a captive of some sort?" her sister sputtered.
"No, not really," Natsuki shrugged. "I had freedom to roam Lerant's place, and I kept watch of Olette. She's, uh, in this weird dormant state. I was actually just asking Sylphie's guards here about themselves. Here, I know how much you like chai, take a seat!" she pulled another chair up and shifted her teacup over, then guided her bewildered sister into the chair. Moriko numbly conceded, exchanging glances with other members of the table. This was not at all what she had expected.

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun May 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Rhys kept her silence as the girls joked, her gaze flickering now and then to the group inside the café. Not long after, she saw Ryuusei join them, but since whatever he had said didn’t spark a fight, Rhys kept her seat, instead taking a bite of her sandwich and keeping an eye on Moriko who seemed fidgety. The white hair girl was about to tell her to go inside when Hotone beat her to it. Moriko seemed surprised, but at least this gave her enough courage to stand up and head inside. Rhys waved at her, giving her an encouraging smile before the girl went in.

“At least we knot Natsuki’s fine,’ she said. “Let’s just hope one of them doesn’t spark some sort of fight.” It would help if she could just get rid of this sense of doom she was getting. Over the time she’d been on the run, Rhys had developed a sense of when bad was about to hit the fan. This…while she was unsure of how exactly, she was starting to get that feeling.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun May 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Neither was fast enough to prevent Miho from falling over, so pretended not to notice to spare her feelings, instead their gaze went over to their princess, then the boy who joined in out of nowhere, talking rather familiarly to Sylphie. However, since they had noticed this culture was far more…causal, they let it slide, instead deciding to follow their princess’s lead.

“Umm…” Sylphie’s green gaze flickered from the fourth male to Natsuki and Miho. Sylphie didn’t know him, but he spoke as if he did, so then maybe…he was mistaking her for one of the other two? The next moment she inwardly shrugged it off and smiled at him. “I guess. Uh, just wondering; who are you? Oh, and I guess you’re welcome to join us.” Sylphie was assuming one of the other girls knew him.

She sat as Natsuki went to grab their order, giving the other girl a friendly wave, then glancing at Riquel and the other two in question.
Aneirin gave a slight nod, as if letting her know they would explain soon enough. Sylphie accepted it, turning to Natsuki with a smile of thanks as the girl set down their orders.

Natsuki’s question had Raven coughing, trying not to spit out his tea and Aneirin chuckling quietly. “What made you think that?” Raven asked, slight disbelief in his voice. “He’s a Mage, an Einherjar to our princess,’ he gestured to Sylphie. “Just like the rest of us.”
“Albeit,’ Aneirin added a little more quietly. “There is no doubt that he leads because of his wealth of knowledge and power, but in the end, he bows to our princess.” Both males ignored the pointed glare from Sylphie, instead focusing on the young woman making her way towards them. Their gaze flickered to Natsuki as the young woman spoke to her, and when the girl stood up and hugged her, they turned their away, letting them have their reunion.

For his part, it seemed as if Riquel hardly cared for the conversation, he sat in silence, impatient to know why he had been summoned and finally Aneirin seemed to notice.

“You may not know this, but the rest of us were sent to different realms to investigate a powerful plague.” He reached into his pocket, pulled out what resembled a cell-phone, the screen showing images that rippled to be replaced by others. The first image was of several beings, elves, fairy, humans, even a few goblins, all laid out on simple cots, all pale, veins clearly visible and edged with a sickly yellow-green. Their eyes were open and stared out emptily. “In the early stages, there seems nothing wrong with them, merely slightly tired, a lapse of judgement or memory.” He shrugged. “Nothing any of us has not been through.”

Raven set down his cup, tapping at the current image in what was, on closer inspection, a mirror simply disguised as a cell-phone. This image was that of a Wizard, once known for his wisdom and kindness; now his face was devoid of emotion, attacking a village more medieval in appearance. Sylphie's sharp intake of breath could be heard, her eyes wide in disbelief. “I knew him,’ her voice shook. “But he…he was so kind…” To believe that he would attack simple villagers this way…
“As this plague progresses, it either suppresses emotion, or erases it from the infected being. This is far more dangerous in powerful beings, but has harsh effects on even an ordinary being. The beings in the first picture were spelled into a state of suspension, but those who are not become this,’ Raven tapped at the mirror; a ripple effect took place, replacing the image with another. This of dozens infected; female, male, even children of various races, their visage pale, that sickly yellow-green in their veins almost luminescent.
“Mindless creatures with only one goal in mind; destroy all in their path,’ Aneirin whispered. “We had no choice but to destroy them.”
“It is a plague that is spreading,’ Raven added grimly. “Not across one certain world, but various.”
“And what do you expect me to do?” Riquel scoffed. “Fight them? I am only one.”

“But you have been around dark souls for a very long time,’ Raven stated, and when Riquel gave a reluctant nod, he continued. “This is not an accidental plague. It has a maker,’ a tap, yet another image. This one seemed only to be of a foggy scenery at night, but as one focused more on it, the shapes began to stand out. Wispy, ghost like creatures, their heads shaped like vultures with no feathers and over-large milky eyes, their bodies covered in dark garments, and from unseen hands swung a chain attacked to old glass lamps from which spilled sickly, yellow-green fog.
“These creatures are the agents; we want you to help us find the soul that controls them.” Raven said.
Riquel leaned back on his chair, arms crossed, gaze narrowing. “Why?”

“Because it’ll help you return home,’ Raven said, as if it should be obvious. “You’re stuck on Earth because of a transgression,’ he tapped at the mirror. “Destroying this plague will help you redeem yourself in the eyes of your council, am I right?”

Riquel remained silent, grey-blue eyes now on the images flickering through the mirror. Would it? Yes, there was such a chance, but it wasn’t as if Riquel was a bloodhound who could track this dark soul with no clue whatsoever. His job had been to lead dark souls to judgement, hunt them if they ran, but one who could create this plague could also hide their trail, and without someone pointing out the dark soul to him; Riquel would hunt blindly. Had they no idea how many dark souls were out there?
His gaze flickered to the others sitting at the table, then back to the Einherjar. “I will think on it.” He stood. “When I have an answer, I will contact you.” He walked away, going out through the door.
“Is this the time to head back to our world?” Sylphie whispered to her Einherjar. “Is it not my duty to protect my people?”
The two exchanged looks, then shook their heads. “No, princess. Not yet.” Aneirin said gently yet firmly.  Sylphie pursed her lips, seeming dissatisfied.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Sun May 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Miho watched and listened as those around her talked, still too embarassed to speak more than a few words of greeting. She would listen as they talked among each other. Einherjar, hmm? The glare from Sylphie said something was up about that as she listened to the men talk. She could see Riquel looked bored...or maybe annoyed was the better word? Obviously waiting for something to happen as he had come here with purpose.

She turned to Aneirin as he began to speak. Other worlds? This was starting to turn into one of those crazy Manga or anime where Fantasy and the Modern world met that she watched as a little girl. All she needed know was a cute costume, a snazzy catchphrase, a best friend and a talking animal to teach her important life lessons and all was set for it to be a Magical Girl story...

Her musings were interrupted at the images and she felt the blood slightly drain from her face. A plague? Why worry about a sickness?

Miho's answer came the next moment as she heard Sylphie's gasp and the following description given. Riquel's question had her turn to him and she wanted to put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him as even he showed doubts. Obviously they wanted his help with stopping it but how was one person to stop it?

Miho listened as more information was revealed to her ears. Someone...no; Something! Some vile thing had made this plague and unleashed it upon not just one world but many. She shuddered to think as she listened in to them further. Riquel was sent here as a punishment for a transgression, that did explain a lot. This was a chance for him at redemption as she watched his eyes, meeting them and her determinination showed through. All she could think about was her dear Sister, friends, Team mates, family, everyone in her life; suffering from this plague and all because some evil thing out there wanted to cause this suffering.

So it would come to no surprise as when Riquel took his leave, Miho stood up and would bow to those at the table. "Thank you for letting me sit with you." She turned and followed Riquel out the door.

She quickly was at his side and looked down. "You think I am a child, don't you?" She turned to look up at him and sighed. "What was this transgression that you are here for?" She honesetly wanted to know so the next words might be surprising. "I'll understand if you do not want to talk but after hearing what I heard in there..." She would take a deep breath. Miho being assertive was not something that happened often.

"...I can't stand by and let that happen to this world. I have friends. I have Family; my big Sister and my Mother. Everyone I care for...I can't let that happen. So please, I am going to offer them whatever help myself and my friends can give them to stop this...to find the person responsible and stop them." She looked at him and it was clear there was no going back for her on this decision.

"...I would like it if you would help them and us as well. I don't think you can stand idly by either and if it means you get to go home..." Her words caught for a second but she had to face that possibility.

As if to emphasize her point to Riquel, she spoke. "My Family is one of the Schools of Senshadou. In the Nishizumi School..." She cleared her throat and recalled the line. "If You shoot, You hit. If You defend, You defend strong. If You advance, You advance without falter. Iron rules and a heart of steel. That is what defines the Nishizumi school." She was looking at him and it was the first time in her life she made the connection to her own brand of Senshadou.

It was still Nishizumi...and so she would give him the same words she once delivered to her teammates just before they fought the Selection University Team. "There's no path a tank cannot traverse. Tanks move forward even under enemy fire." 

"You want to go home and see your friends and family...I'll do everything to help you do that as well Riquel." Miho looked at Riquel and waited for his response to her words.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Sun May 14, 2017 8:18 pm

"Don't be too enthusiastic there." Was his response to Sylphie accepting his request to sit with h...err...them! As there weren't enough seats at the table, he swiped a chair from a nearby table and set it near the hazel-haired girl's. "And I'm Ryuusei, since you're Natsuki's friend, I'll cover you too as she's got more to worry about than a lunch tab."

Once he'd gotten his seat, Ryuusei went up to the counter...and returned with a whole mess'o'wings in one hand and a glass with a bright green liquid in the other. When he sat back down, he wasted no time tearing into them; each wing was eaten...thoroughly. No scraps of meat were left on dem bones.

While it seemed like his attention was on lunch, Ryuusei paid attention to the conversation the 2 Einherjar were having with Riquel about a disease they were investigating fallowed by a request for help. Afterwards the angel left followed by Miho.

As someone who grew up in the Cesspool Formerly known as Darilshade...he had this to say. "I realize this is awful and all that, but what's sticking out in my mind is....You guys were exposed to it right? ...And instead of quarantining yourselves then sending a message, you decided to come here, to this planet...and exposing everyone inside this place plus anyone else to a Zombie Plague?"
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon May 15, 2017 7:36 pm

While Raven had expected this very reaction from Riquel, it still irked him. As if the idiot had any other quicker option to get home. Not that this would be quick, but it held the most immediate possibility. He rolled his eyes, glancing at Aneirin with a ‘I told you so’ look in his eyes.
Aneirin answered with a half smile and a shrug. They could only do so much. Perhaps the young girl going after him might help speed things up…a bit.

The two Einherjar’s attention suddenly turned to the boy sitting a little to close, for their comfort, to their princess. His manners were crude, his lax posture and speech more so. His words had the effect of Raven tapping his fingers on the table, gaze narrowing, while Aneirin simply pursed his lips.
“Nah, man,’ Raven drawled. “We we’re totally scared that the the first thing in our minds was to get the heck outta there.” His sloppy words were laced with sarcasm, a subtle dig at the boy. One Sylphie missed, even if she too was a little confused by the way Ryuusei spoke, Raven’s words were far more confusing. After all she knew her Einherjar would never resort to cowardice. 

Aneirin gave a soft cough, offering Sylphie a gentle smile. “Raven is joking, princess.” He shot Raven a sideways glare, though the darker hair Einherjar simply shrugged it off.
“As for your question,’ indigo blue eyes focused on Ryuusei. “No, we did not. This plague is not passed through contact with an infected, if it did, and our information is correct; many of you would have already been infected, or in danger of it. You have been, after all, in close proximity to an infected individual.” He tapped the glass, a ripple, then the image of Olette appeared. Another tap and the barely seen image of the creatures reappeared. “None of us inhaled the fumes coming from these lanterns, that is what infects a being. It is what makes monsters out of a village.” His tone had turned grimmer.

“What exactly is our plan then?” Sylphie asked. “If Riquel refuses to participate, and even if he does decide to help us, we cannot simply rely solely on his ability to lead us to the dark soul.” She pursed her lips, her eyes on the image in the mirror, then turned to Natsuki. “Whatever we do decide upon, it will be dangerous. As Lerant has said; we won't hold you against your will, Natsuki. We will make certain Olette is taken care off.”

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 pm

The child had followed him. His thoughts were the first thing out of the girl’s mouth, the second his reason for being here. Riquel inwardly sighted, wondering why she continued to follow him as a lost pup would follow a passerby. She was not, and he hardly knew who to hand her over too or why she did.
Gaze as impassive as his expression, Riquel let her speak, his arms crossing over his chest as she finished speaking. “While the lessons of your school are admirable, they were not instilled in me. I am only a guide of dark souls. No one to judge, only retrieve if necessary. Curved by rules. I broke that rule by obliterating a soul, this,’ he gestured at their surroundings. “Is my punishment. Banishment from the Heavens to Earth, because my job…’ he gave her a grim smile. “Is to “stand idly by”, as you put it. And I did not.” He turned away, continuing his path. “Whatever I decide, they will know. Return to your family, child.” 

As his figure grew distant, there was a hiss of sympathy from behind and to Miho’s left, on a table that had been empty a moment ago. “Nice guy, huh?” There was a tall youth, long spiky dark hair swept back, golden eyes peering out at Miho as he sat on a table, chin resting on a raised knee outfitted in black pants, much like the rest of his clothing. “I can see why The Mage of Ages wanted him to join us.” It might actually be worth another chance of trying to get him on their side. Amon figured they had a better chance than the other half. Especially if they were as earnest as this girl. His eyes flickered to the café, looking through a window. Yup, Sylphie was still there, and he was still boooored.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Mon May 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Ryuusei easily caught the sarcasm in Raven's voice. His green eyes met the man's gaze and... "S-o g-glad you didn't to-totally p-puss out, Mr. Swallow."

While doing that he caught all of Aneirin explanation. "Fair enough, I've never witnessed a Magical Ail before, so I can only go by what I HAVE seen." That image of Olette and the man saying some of them had already encountered her made him wonder... "Curious, how much do you know about that night?"
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Tue May 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Moriko and Natsuki paid attention to the information given by the Einherjar. Natsuki gasped at the image of Olette. "She's...sick?" All along it had really looked like Lerant had her under some sort of spell...not this. 
Moriko was especially interested in the ailment. She had leaned forward when they were showing the images of the afflicted creatures. "Well, that's definitely not anything in the scope of...er, human medicine."
After Sylphie's warning and kind words, the sisters exchanged looks. Moriko was the first to speak up between them. "You've shown us who the real enemy is here, and, well, they say the enemy of my enemy is my friend." She then put a hand on Nat's shoulder. "I'm not easily swayed, but seeing my sister here unharmed is a rather...convincing argument that we have been mistaken as of late."
Natsuki followed by looking at Sylphie. "Yeah, I'll travel with my sister and our friends now, but I'm sure we'll all be happy to help out! Miho looked on board, I'm sure she'll talk her team into joining! I don't see why Rhys and Hotone won't join us either!" With a wide grin, she took her sister's shoulder and give it a good shake. "You'll want her on board, she's a pharmacist!"
Moriko quickly turned to her sister, eyes wide with embarrassment. "No! I- I was, studying human medicine, before we, er, joined this group," Moriko sputtered. "B-but I did make an oath to help heal the sick, er, I suppose. Either way, we'll do what we can to help."

Outside, Hotone and Rhys saw the exchange between Miho and Riquel. "Huh, well, something interesting went down. No one's fighting though." Hotone observed. Then a boy spoke up behind Miho. While he didn't look the same without all the armor, his voice was undeniable. "HEY! YOU!" Hotone jumped out of her chair, wings abuzz. "What're you doing here?" Her fists were clenched at her side, but she didn't seem ready to attack so much as surprised to see the being she fought in the woods now relaxing at the same cafe.

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Sat May 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Darjeeling watched the exchange between Miho and the man she talked to. A frown on her face as she turned to the rest of the Ankou Team. They just shrugged their shoulders as Saori smiled. "I just think he's playing hard to get. Speaking of which, wonder where that other handsome fella from the battle is?"

Hana just smiled as Mako looked almost like she was going to fall asleep on her feet. The surprise was the young man at the table behind her cause Miho to jump and turn to look at him. She barely got beyond, "Huh?" When Hotone jumped him. Not reeady for a fight but still, there was some bad feelings to work on.

Miho turned as Darjeeling approached. "It seems you're talent for making friends with the most interesting people extends to some very unique people indeed." She turned to look at them all before looking to Miho again. "By the way, I was hoping to ask if you heard the latest out of the league, Miho?"

Miho would shake her head as Darjeeling turned to the two arguing. "They make quite a cute couple don't they?" A glint in her eyes as she watched Hotone and the mystery boy interact. Miho could only blush as she looked at the boy and thought he looked kind of cute too but he looked more Saori's type.

"You're welcome to join our tables for tea, Sir. Friend and Foe alike are welcome at St. Gloriana's Table." Darjeeling would say before turning to Miho and sipping her tea.

"So what is the latest out of the League's Office?" Miho asked, curious what Darjeeling knew that she had not heard about.

"Well, after the stunt with the Karl-Geralt and the M26 Pershing's that were illegally upgraded using a technicality loophole in the rules; MEXT and both the High School and University Sensha-dou Federations are thinking of upgrading the whole of both to more modern vehicles." Darjeeling said as Miho's eyes went a little wide.

"But the problem with modern vehicles is that the APFSDS rounds are not Senshadou safe." Miho was still a little ticked and heard that the man at MEXT who was responsible for both that and all of Oarai's troubles was on the fast track to retirement when the Shamida and Nishizumi family had learned just how craven and dishonorable he had been. Upgrading those Pershings to the Korean War specs? Miho counted herself lucky to have won the match against the UST team and someone of Alice Shamida's caliber.

"Yes but those never came into use until the 1980's and 1990's. HEAT rounds can be made Senshadou Safe as can regular Sabot thankfully...and so can HESH. But that would be a Rifled gun anyways and not a Smoothbore." Darjeeling said the last with a smirk. She sipped her tea as they came back to Rhys table though both could overhear the conversation.

"They are thinking the era from 1955-1975..." Darjeeling would watch as Yukari's eyes lit up.

"Oh wow! That means we could be in machines like the Leopard 1, AMX 30, M60, T-62, AMX 13 75! Strv 103! Centurion Mk. 7!...." Yukari's list was growing as it seemed she was going full Tank Otaku mode.

Darjeeling smiled and added to Yukari's enthusiasm and Tank Fangirl mode by adding her own to the list. "The Chieftain would also be allowed." Yukari looked ready to faint as Miho giggled.

"The University League will be testing the changes first save for the UST team; which will be using the Pershings, brought back to pre-1945 War's-end specs; and Alisa's Centurion." Darjeeling smiled and watched Miho as she nodded.

Last edited by PanzerZorn on Wed May 31, 2017 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun May 28, 2017 10:31 pm

“The name,’ Raven’s eyes narrowed, crossing his arms over his chest. “Is Raven. Or are you that uneduc-“
The dark hair man suddenly paused as someone thumped his leg beneath the table. It had no real strength behind it, and a look from his princess told him to behave. Raven made a displeased sound and looked away.

Aneirin shrugged at Ryuusei’s question. “Enough to know that Lerant’s method was…unrefined, in my opinion.” He didn’t know why the Mage cooked up such complicated plans, and all Lerant would tell Aneirin when he asked was that ‘he had his reasons’.  

Sylphie smiled to know that they had now gained the trust of both sisters. “I’m glad to hear you’ll join us, and any healer,’ she tilted her head in Moriko’s direction. “Would be a great help, perhaps your insight will help us find a way to fix this.” She turned back to Natsuki. “If you do want to go back to your sister and friends, as I said, you are welcome to do so. If anything happens we will contact you immediately, and I do hope your friends will see fit to help us as well.”

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun May 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Rhys couldn’t have helped noticing Riquel and Miho’s little discussion if she had tried, and apparently, she hadn’t been the only one. Rhys was about to go offer her a sandwich and drink when the male appeared, sitting on the table. She recognized his voice, even if the whole ‘appearing out nowhere’ hadn’t clued her in. It spoke volumes about his magic that it was only their group who noticed his appearance while the rest of the humans noticed nothing at all.
While Rhys considered if she should get involved, Hotone was on her feet, demanding answers from Amon, and Darjeeling drew Miho into a conversation that went way over Rhys’s head so she sat down.  

“Woah there,’ Amon would have sounded scared, if his tone hadn’t been so laid back. “Don’t shoot the messenger, or…in this case the guard,’ he jumped off the table, landing lightly on his feet. “What I’m doing here is looking after her,’ he pointed behind them into the café. “Per the Mage’s orders. Not my idea of course, but better than staying cooped up in that,’ he gestured vaguely. “In that mansion. You ever have to be in the same room with frozen people?” He shuddered. “Not fun. Specially when those greenish things are hanging around.” Amon would rather leave that to Rah. His twin brother didn’t seem to care or mind the things. Sure, they looked like what the humans called ‘fireflies’ but were a lot creepier.
As if accepting Darjeeling’s offer, Amon sauntered over to Rhys, grabbing the sandwich and drink, sitting down where he had a good view of what was going on inside and ignoring when the white hair girl began to bristle. She glanced at Hotone, as if asking if she could hit him over the head…with something heavy.  

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Sun May 28, 2017 11:38 pm

Even if Raven's Princess hadn't cut the man off, Ryuusei was ignoring him deliberately. He nudged the plate of wings towards the hazel-haired girl. Wanna try one? It's a chicken wing in something they call 'Buffalo Sauce'." The wings on the plate appeared to only be 'lightly' coated. "Some places drench the wings in this stuff...which can burn the shit out of your mouth, but these have just enough to bring out the flavor of the chicken."

While he was doing this, Aneirin answered his question regarding the prior week, stating Lerant's plans were often unrefined. "...To say the fucking least, his little Freak Show, made the guy out to be the Goddammed Devil. 'he'll use his vast power to help you...for a price', it's just dripping with altruism..." Plus the whole thing with the Valkyrie... He could somewhat hear the commotion outside, turning to look out the window things looked to be going on between Hotone and Amon. (Now when the hell did he get here?) "Looks like one of them 'unrefined plans' is unfolding."
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Moriko looked over at what Ryuusei was referring to, and immediately jumped out of her chair and back outside. "Hotone, don't do anything rash," she called out from the door. Hotone finally took her glare off Amon, only to give it to Moriko instead. 
"What?! Are you out of your mind?! This guy tried to blow me up!"
"No, it- Well, I mean, yes, but, everything was a misunderstanding."
Hotone only rolled her eyes. "Seriously? What, now you're telling me they're on our side?"
Moriko inched closer to the table. "Uh, here's the thing, there's no...sides. There's a magical illness spreading through dimensions and realms. All of these people are part of Lerant's team to find a cure. Olette's infected."
The reaper could tell the sincerity in Moriko's explanation. She cast a suspicious look at Amon. "You're...sure of this."
"Yes. I just spoke with the others inside. Natsuki's fine. She hasn't been a prisoner all along. She saw Olette herself." There was a pause as Hotone's face clearly showed skepticism. "Look, you were our enemy once, right?"
"Well yeah, I mean, it was sort of my job-"
"Exactly. What do you think Amon the Guard's job was?"
Hotone looked between Moriko and Amon. Once. Twice. Finally she rolled her eyes. "UGH. You better be right about this." Her stance finally lost its tension as she settled back into a chair across from where Amon was chowing down, folding her arms. She exchanged looks with Rhys, sharing her discomfort with the sudden enemy turned dinner guest.

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Watching the interaction, Darjeeling smiled and spoke. "Yesterday enemy is today's friend." Holding up her cup of tea as she looked to Hotone after those words were said. Looking then to Miho with a slight smile. A chuckle escaping her lips as she sipped her tea.

"You make some of the most interesting friends Miho." She would comment to Miho who herself just smiled sheepishly. She turned to look at Amon and watched him eat. She then turned back to Darjeeling to ask a question.

"Why did you invite us here? You said the meet up was going to be fun and special."

Darjeeling smiled even wider as Assam, Orange Pekoe, Rosehip, and Rukuriri just sighed and facepalmed. Darjeeling's answer came swiftly. "They were going to be holding a Singing Contest and I was going to take part. I also entered you and Ankou into it."

"WHAAAAT!" Saori would yell as Miho's eyes went blank.

"Oh..." 

------------------------------------------------------

Watching from the distance and not really noticing the strangers was one person. He was a man in a business suit glaring daggers not just at the Senshadou Girls but Miho in particular; if his utterance that was whispered was any indication. His aura dark as he gave off vibes of anger. "That damn Nishizumi Brat..." The styrofoam cup of coffee crushed in his grip as he watched the girls having fun.

If it was not for them, he would not be facing retirement right now. 'Damn her mother, her sister, and that Student Council President. Most of all, Kami's curse Miho.' He was thinking watching her before turning and stalking away...

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Sylphie set her tea down, looking over the food Ryuusei was offering her, and after a second of thought, and a look at her einherjar, she chose one, picking it up daintily with a fork and giving it a try. “It’s good,’ she said, sounding a little surprised. She very much liked the spicy taste the chicken had although… She glanced at Ryuusei. “You said they made them spicier?”  

Aneirin continued to speak, answering Ryuusei’s question. “That…’ the einherjar gave a wry smile. “May not be far from the truth. While we may call Lerant a comrade,’ he glanced at Sylphie. “And friend, we know little about him, and more about his abilities that even he would care us to know, but less of it than we would like knowing.” Whatever it was that Lerant had offered, Aneirin was certain that the Mage very well may have the ability to hand over…for a price of course. It was what made Aneirin cautious around their…friend. He didn’t look over to see who Ryuusei was speaking off but the einherjar could feel the shadow being’s presence, it wasn't as if Amon was trying to hide himself; which made Aneirin wonder...was the shadow disobeying the Master's orders...or following them? With at least that one shadow, it was hard to tell.

While Aneirin had been speaking, Raven had moved away, returning not long after with a different plate of chicken wings that he set before Sylphie. “These are the spiciest they have.” He said, taking a seat once more. Sylphie gave him a bright smile of thanks and dug into the spicy food, an act that for most might have been messy, but with the manners that she couldn’t seem to get rid of, made it look rather neat.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Moriko’s shout had Rhys half jumping out of her seat; she glanced over at the girl as she started speaking to Hotone. The white hair girl tried to gesture to Moriko to quiet down since the people around them could very well hear them, and was about to rush to her when Amon, seeming unconcerned, chuckled. “Don’t look so worried,’ he said, grinning up at her, golden eyes lit with amusement. “I’m taking care of it.”

The way he leaned his back against the table, one arm against it while he ate with the other one, made Rhys feel far more suspicious of him, her gaze narrowed on him, but she turned back to Moriko as she explained the situation to them. ‘No sides, huh.’ Her gaze flickered back to Amon. ‘Ask me why I don’t quite buy that.’ But Moriko seemed so convinced, and she’d been so worried about Natsuki, that like Hotone, Rhys decided to take the explanation at face value, for the moment, and sat, her gaze catching Hotone’s. ‘At least I’m not the only one who feels uncomfortable.’ No one who looked as comfortable with the situation as Amon did was someone she could trust so easily, and the charming, half smile he shot both Hotone and Rhys only deepened her suspicion. 

Rhys kept this to herself, instead focusing on something else that Moriko had mentioned and gestured for her friend to come closer. “What do you mean ‘magical illness?’ And what exactly is the plan then? If we can find a way to heal Olette, does that mean Lerant will let her go and not try to control her like ge did before?" Because cutting him off from her was exactly what Rhys wanted to do.

The attention he was receiving seemed to go over Amon’s head, who continued to eat his sandwich and sip the drink, winking at the group of girls as they focused their attention on him, though his soon moved away from them to the man who’s ill will seemed directed at the group of young human females. Amon stared at the human male until he stalked away from them, only then did Amon shift his attention away, back to those inside the café.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:37 pm

He watched the way she picked up the wing. (That's adorable!) This keeping his full attention. (I always figured a princess to have a sweet tooth, not be turned on to fucking Buffalo Wings!) "Yeah, but like said, at a place like this 'the more sauce on a wing, the spicier it is' and for hat you'd want the ones at the bottom. I hear there are chains that specialize in making wings," Then gave her a little grin. "if you want, maybe I'll take you to one sometime?"

Then Raven returned to the table with a whole new plate of wings for his Princess..to which she immediately and still daintily dug into. Aneirin continued to talk...but Ryuusei didn't have a response to the man at the moment, as he was fixated on the girl next to him, then finally. "...Can't believe I'm saying this over wings of all things, but the way you eat's fucking adorable! ...Then again, nothing I've seen about you isn't cute...specially your name." With that he leaned in as close as possible without headbutting the girl and whispered into her ear "Syl-ph-ie."
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldarwen Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:02 pm

The morning had been busy for the blond haired woman.  She tossed her school bag over her shoulder as she headed out from the lab.  She had been doing a type of wind experiment.  It was frustrating as it was not turning out.  And not to mention, I can't use a little bit of magic.  Folks frown upon that.

She sighed as she walked out the door.  She pushed away thoughts about what her "gift" had caused.  There was no need to bring up the past again.  Her hand paused as she thought about her mothers and what they could be doing.  She wondered if they hated her for leaving.  She was not sure if she ever wanted to face the wrath or tears.  She would probably flood the whole city after a rain storm.

She shook her head as she buried those feelings.  No use getting upset.  It will not change anything. She opened the door as she brushed past fellow earth science students.  Others hardly paid any attention to her.  She honestly did not mind it in the least. 

Fresh air filled her lungs as she got out of the florescent lights.  The warmth of the sun hitting her face brought a small smile to her face.  The air was crisp as she let her feet take her around the courtyard at school then off to various places around campus.

She could not say how long she had walked.  Her throat was dry while her feet hurt.  She glanced at a street sign as she noticed where she was.  There was a little cafe near by which would be perfect to study in. 

It would not take her long before she sat at a table in the corner.  She found it odd there there were tanks parked outside.  This planet still seemed odd to her.  She placed her order for a smoothie and scone before cracking open a text book.  She drowned out what others were saying around her.
Eldarwen
Eldarwen

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnutd Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Rose Albion

Rose was out walking around for the day, getting used to her new surroundings. She had been moved around so many times it almost made her head spin. She was tired plus her tummy was growling and she spotted a cafe which for one reason or another had tanks around it. "Hmm I wonder if thats what some people drive around here...oh well time to get my Munch on!" she walked into the cafe... She walked over to a table near the wall and sat down and ordered some green tea and looked around the cafe at the people and even the ones staring at her since she was a tree-woman.

sportsnutd

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Raven’s hands had come down over Sylphie’s ears before she could hear Ryuusei’’s profanity, blocking the word out but only muffling some of the rest. She seemed confused by his actions but before she could react, Raven had pulled her chair further away from Ryuusei, the Einherjar standing between her and the boy. “Let’s get one thing straight,’ he said through gritted teeth. “You don’t-”

Aneirin stood, cutting Raven off. “Why don’t we go outside,’ he glanced at the sisters, giving them a smile. “More space there.” He turned, tugging at Raven’s arm, his gaze settling on the young woman whose skin was green; so different from any shade he had seen in this world that it did give him pause, but after a moment continued to tug at Raven, who shook him off and proceeded to do the same to Sylphie.

“Hold on,’ she said, glaring up at Raven. “I can very well decide for myself what to do.” She glanced back at Ryuusei, but her eyes quickly focused on something else; a small orb, much like a firefly, yellow-green in color and foggy  in apperance.

The woman nearest to them on their left gave a cough, then another, a gasp followed before she collapsed to the floor. On closer inspection, they could see the dark circles around her eyes, as if she hadn’t been getting enough sleep. People began to mutter, two making their way to the woman, while further away, a man crumpled to the floor, the same look of lost sleep on his face. More of the foggy fireflies appeared and a few people, seeming unaware of them, ingested them. One wondered closer to Sylphie, only to be slashed into oblivion before they could react.

Amon had appeared from the shadows, his weapon gone as he straightened. “Move!” His easygoing attitude was gone as he grabbed Sylphie and pulled her into the shadows.

Raven and Aneirin raced outside just as clouds began to gather above them, the sky darkening as if rushing to bring night. Uncertain of what was going on, people began to panic, soon starting to run from the place.

“It’s not possible,’ Raven said, running a hand over his hair. “We closed the dimensional gate; all gates that lead to this place. How did they manage to cross?”

Someone snorted, a shadow appearing in front of them and coalescing into Amon. “Gates aren’t the only way to travel,’ he told them with a roll of his eyes. “That or someone who can open a gate for them was already on this side. Sylphie is safe.” He added.

Amon then pointed up at the sky. “That’s the Mage of Ages; he’s trying to transfer us to an abandoned mirror dimension of this place. If he succeeds…we might be able to avoid a planetary wide infection.” He hoped.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:16 pm

She wasn’t happy, the odd thing was that it wasn’t Amon’s presence that made her unhappy. Rhys felt…frazzled, much as she’d felt often when running from her only living relative. She finally stood, the horns she usually tried to hide slowly peeking out her head, and turned to the nearest girl, red gaze flashing. “Something’s wrong. We have to be ready.”
Rhys then turned to Amon, only to find him gone, but her attention soon shifted as shadows began to fall from above. Rhys looked up, gaze narrowed as dark clouds roiled, much like the ocean surf, quickly spilling over the sky to block out the sun and darken the day. People began to panic as darkness descended, running in all directions, but it wasn’t the sudden darkness that scared her. It was something else, and as her horns finished growing on her head, her nails turning into claws, she caught sight of it: the mass of yellow-green fog changing into fireflies coming from the corner of a building across the street. Shivers went down her back as she took a step back.

The darkness above settled, the café building behind them quickly turning into a crumbling building, the buildings around them as far as the eye could see going through the same change. The tables, chairs and benches rotting away as the street beneath them cracked, weeds and grass quickly growing. Except for the rumbling of the dark clouds above them, silence descended. 

OOC: Everyone's free to have their character react. You can choose to have your character be left behind on earth, or be transferred to the mirror dimension.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next