❦Scattered Dawn❦
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Morning

+2
Raijinken
Dark
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saturday Morning Empty Saturday Morning

Post by Dark Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:03 pm

The sound of a door being opened echoed, followed by a slam as it closed, then a cheerful voice. "I'm baaack!" 
A dainty figure skipped into the kitchen, her hands full of grocery bags. "Guess what I found while I was shopping!" The white hair young woman asked with a grin, looking at the other woman who had long pink hair, her frame taller than that of the white hair girl. 

Purple eyes glanced up from the paperwork she was currently working on. 

"Food?" The voice had a lilting to it, soft and warm to the ear, at odds with the light, energetic of her friend. 

"Well, duh!" The white hair woman had crouched, looking through the bags of food until she found the item. "Tada!" 
The white hair woman showed off the item with pride. "It's those cupcakes I couldn't find anywhere! I couldn't even order them online, it was so frustrating, but I found this small grocery store in a corner and,' she grinned. "Delicious cupcakes." Laughing triumphantly, the white hair young woman skipped away, heading for the living room. 

"The food, Sylphie!" 

The young woman with pink hair called out to the departing back, knowing that now that Sylphie's attention was on something, she'd forget everything else.

"Woops!" Sylphie skipped back into the kitchen, set her treasure on the corner of the island table her friend sat at and started sorting the groceries. 

"Any news on the Princess, Selene?" 

"Call her Belle,' Selene said, not looking away from her paperwork. 

"We're not outside,' Sylphie replied. "So it doesn't matter." She often had to remind herself to call the Princess by her name in front of other people, but despite living in this world for three years, it was still difficult for Sylphie to simply call her Princess by her name. 

"Just be careful." Selene returned to her paperwork, pausing only to search for another paper in the piles, read something from it and return to her current paperwork. 

Sylphie made an annoyed noise. "Why are you still going with those papers? It's been a week since you started and just watching you makes me bored to sleep."

"Hmm." Selene replied, writing. "One of us has to keep a eye on our finances. It's not like we can live in a tree in this world. It takes money and I must make sure any paper trail we leave behind shows nothing more than normality in this human world."

"Blergh!" Sylphie stuck out her tongue. "Even your explanation is boring." Sylphie finished putting the groceries away, grabbed her cupcakes and headed for the living room when she sensed a surge in her Princess's energy. 

Both young women abandoned their tasks, became beams of light that disappeared, only to reappear inside an enormous room filled with plants and several tables which held beakers and tubes. Near bushes of climbing roses hovered a giant crystal, in which slept a young girl with short blonde hair that seemed to be around sixteen. 

On the ground near the crystal were two young women. One of them looked as dainty as a fairy with long blonde hair and green eyes that sparkled with tears. Her hands were on the shoulders of a young woman who had long, wavy brown hair that cascaded down her shoulders. She was coughing up black blood, unable to stop. Her body was covered in a soft, blue dress adorned with simple white flowers. Her sleeves were short, showing that some skin was black. The black had the shape of smoke rising, marring the otherwise light peach skin. 
Bright green eyes a shade darker than the other young woman, opened, her gaze steady despite her obvious pain. "The pink crystal I gave you, is it safe?" Her voice would have been pleasant to hear, if not for the ragged edge of pain and fatigue in it. 

"Princess, what's wrong!?" Two colored lights appeared in the room, taking on the form of Selene and Sylphie. 

Their princess, Moonbelle, looked up, tears running down her cheeks. "I created a powerful healing potion. I thought this time it would work,' she sniffed. "I woke up Olette to give it to her but, but..." She looked back at the brunnete only to watch more blood pour from her mouth. 

"The crystal!" She insisted, a fervent light in her green eyes.

"It's safe." Selene promised. 

The three young woman lifted their hands towards the brunette who collapsed; her body floated into the air and a crystal, similar to that which encased the shorter blonde hair girl, surrounded Olette, stopping her time and the deadly path of the virus that threatened her life.  

There was a depressed atmosphere in the greenhouse for a while, silence only broken by Moonbelle's quiet sobs. Moonbelle knew was silently berating herself for her uselessness, but she knew that if that's all she did, her aunt and friend would never wake up. 

"It's time you took a break from this princess." Sylphie finally spoke up, her voice soft but cheerful. "You have worked almost every day since we set up this glasshouse. At the very least, lets go to the lake for a while. It will help to clear your mind, perhaps something new will occur to you." 

Honestly, Selene wanted to return to her paperwork, but she knew that if she didn't go, neither would Moonbelle. Inwardly sighing, she smiled at the Princess. "Sylphie is right, Princess. Let's go." 

Moonbelle shook her head, wanting to get back to work but Selene and Sylphie kept trying to convince her and after ten minutes of it, Moonbelle caved. Half an hour later, the three reached a park in which a lake was found.

Dark
Admin

https://scatteredawn23483u82.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Saturday Morning Empty Re: Saturday Morning

Post by Raijinken Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:28 pm

Near the shore of the lake, a white van was parked. Beside the van were a chair and portable grill cooking several meat patties.

"Time to turn'em."

After doing so, the teen manning the grill fished a funny-looking cigarette out of his pocket and used the cooking fire to light it, "Now for my OWN blend of herbs...and spices." and plopped into the chair.

He blew out some smoke, which mixed with that from the meat and swept over the lake.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:32 pm

Ever since before the first brush of light had lit upon the edges of the sky, since before the sky began to turn slightly lighter shades of the brilliantly dark blue that it was during the darkest part of the night, there had been one lone figure standing in the park. Hovering between the trees and lost to the shadows. An unobtrusive silhouette easily ignored as the one that created it watched with naked appreciation as the sky began a dance that it had woven a billion times a billion nights before, and would again. 

First, the blanket of hush came, darkness came with pure purpose to shadow the night and turn the trees to hollow things reaching up their limbs to a sky they could never reach. In this twilight hour their siren song for the sun could almost be heard. They cut their sharp branches through the midnight blue and somewhere the first bird let out a sweet sleeping sound of curiosity. Then, it came in a slow-building rush. A spill of ever-lightening dusk-hushed hues. Not touching the ground yet, but softening the edges of the world with the promise of itself. 

Here in the city it was so different than it was in the country. Even in a park such as this, the morn came rushing faster, more carelessly than it did in softer places. As if it knew that there were few here that would wait for it. Few here that would even take note of the way that white crashed like waves over the darkened corridors of the buildings. The way it skimmed across the lake in the park and spread its warming hands across the tops of the trees until they shivered and awoke completely their inhabitants. A chorus of early morning birds spilled out their welcome to the sun which was this morning turning the sky simple shades of blue. No clouds touched the edges of the dark, and the low-hanging spill of fog that encompassed the city endlessly softened the spill of colors. 

So it was a simple morning. A simple birth to yet another day beneath the sun that had him spreading his own limbs skyward as if he were a tree that could feed upon its glorious rays. Indeed, what a uncomplicated sort of life that might have been for him. To have born a tree, to live pushing through the earth and spreading ever further beneath the golden shine that the heavens offered. To be a home for a squirrel or a bevy of birds. 

Such was not however, meant to be.

Instead the man dressed in a long-sleeved blue shirt, a red vest, and black jeans walked from the park to one of the small shops that lay near it as the shop itself began to open for the day. He offered a warm smile to the woman who was hard at work already, and lifted his hand in greeting. It was a cafe, a popular one if his recent visits to it were any indication of how busy it usually was.
"Good morning."

His voice was warm and full of cheer that caused her to smile in return and offer him a similar greeting. He sat down at one of the outside tables. "A cup of your fine coffee whenever you have the chance, but do not hurry yourself; I am enjoying myself this beautiful morning."

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:33 pm

Within the close confines of the car, the scent of gunpowder and iron clung to his body like a familiar cologne. Part of that was truth, part of it only memory. Memory it seemed, was determined to lay its mark upon him this day, but he held it off with stubborn fingers by focusing on the task of weaving his vehicle through the streets of the city. It was a good task to put his mind to, at least until his phone buzzed in his pocket. A little warning noise that had him looking for a break in the traffic. Once he found one he pulled off to the side of the road, pulled out the phone and checked the message.

A low frown broke the normal peace of his features, quickly whisked away but there. He shoved the sensation down into the base of his stomach and turned the car off. It no longer mattered where he was. He leaned over and pulled another phone out of the glove compartment and tucked it into his pocket.

Carefully he pulled himself out of the car. It was a nondescript little thing. Something easily missed and which would draw little attention on the road. Just as he preferred. The door to it shut with hardly a sound as he made his way around the silver vehicle to the sidewalk. Shuffling his fingers with deft movements he pulled the sim card out of the phone that had just messaged him and broke it in half. Two quick snaps back and forth and then he did the same thing with the flip phone. Two quick snaps and it was destroyed. 

As he moved down the street he casually discarded the phone into the trash. 

Moments later the second phone was in his hands, locating for him the nearest location where he could pick up a disposable cell phone. He turned two blocks and fifteen minutes later he had a replacement for the one he had so callously discarded. A little shopping bag slung over his arm helped him blend into the early morning crowd that was just beginning to form, and he took advantage of this to head toward a park. There weren't many people in the park itself, so he found a bench and sprawled out on it, flicking through the news scroll on his phone with apparent idleness.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:27 pm

Far up among the clouds that were lazily drifting past the city arc's of purple and green lightening started forming and danced along them for several moments registering a powerful magical frequency to those whom are sensitive to magic, it wasn't long however before the unnatural lightening show coalesced into a single point and came down to the surface outside of the city in a grand purple and green bolt of electric fury. When the light show faded a cloak figure was seen slowly staggering away from where it was dropped off holding a hand to his head while shaking it.

Knight let out a disorientated groan as he forced his body to move away from where he was deposited in this new land "Goddamit...couldn't you have made it a little less obnoxious.." he hissed knowing damn well the entity could have made the transfer much less difficult and as he looked back to the scorched crater where he had been..less obvious too. Rubbing his eyes to clear away the remains of his daze he searched about to get a grasp of where or when he was and spotting a huge modern city sprawling right away he was thrilled at the idea of having access to modern conveniences once more! He looked down at the dark blue tunic and black pants he frowned and wrapped the heavy beige cloak up around him "Shit..maybe I can pass myself off as a cosplayer or something? Least I'm lookin the part..medieval enthusiast probably...I'll have to avoid law enforcement if only because they'll probably ask questions I can't exactly answer."

Muttering to himself he reached over his shoulder into his dimensional pocket only to scowl and reevaluate his current resources as he discovered an unpleasant limitation 'Your shittin me, just some clothes, food and survival supplies? Your an asshole!' he cursed inwardly as the vast majority of his new treasury and potential wealth was sealed. "So much for abusing pawn shops or somethin for a quick influx of cash. Dammit." he groused as he'd start walkin towards the city reading one of the signs. "Neo Tokyo? So a variant of earth? Actually kinda easier to deal with." he mused inwardly. Avoiding walking by any of the main highways he'd look for a fairly quiet spot to enter the city from.

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Sitting idly by the lake side on a bench; most people would not take notice of the blonde-haired young woman wearing a pair of aviator sunglasses that seemed to match the ensemble of a long-sleeve black shirt, black pants, black boots, and a sleeveless black vest. Her left hand covered in a black glove that went up her wrist. She titled her head back, bringing a can to her lips. It was easy to note she was extremely beautiful...if you noticed her at all. There was something about how she sat that seemed to make her easily unnoticed by those who went by...

Which is exactly how she wanted it as behind those glasses, one of her eyes was glowing slightly as she seemed to be reading. The inside of her cornea's showing readouts as she made mental notes for business dealings while on her lunch break. Many would not know looking at this woman she was currently the head of what was a small contractor with some international offices became within a year a multi-national conglomerate that handled most civilian & military contracts of many varieties among others; including entertainment from cheap skin flicks to a few indie movie fundings.

All perfect for someone...something like May'n Nome. Her face hidden behind many a willing body to be her spokesperson. Allowing her a degree of anonymity. A communique she saw made her smile. 'What a sweetie...' She thought before thinking up a quick response for relaying. The quantum-based cybernetics in her brain making mincemeat of the day's reports so far.

Of course the economics of 'this' version of the Cradle of Humanity was child's play when you were used to an economy run on billions of bodies across nearly 5,000 star systems stuffed into a space maybe 106 light years across. May'n chuckled darkly as she sipped her drink before grabbing her lunch and smiling. "One thing this world gets right I've yet to see Quafe ever do...a cheeseburger." She would say with a strange French accent before sinking her teeth in and made noises more akin to pleasure than anything else.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Tires squealed in complaint as Rayne took the turn way too fast. She wasn't technically breaking any speed laws - yet - but there was definite urgency to the way she was driving. Lips pressed into a tight line the red-haired woman wove around the traffic like a fish weaving its way through a stream. "You've gotta be kidding me? This early in the morning and we've already got a case? This was my weekend."

It was after all a wonderfully beautiful Saturday morning. The sort that anyone would have enjoyed sitting back and relaxing in. Including her. Rayne tightened her grip on the steering wheel and checked her phone where it sat on her dash telling her where to go next to get to her destination.

"I swear, some people have no sense that other people might be inconvenienced by their actions." She grumbled this last bit a bit more irritably and glanced toward her partner sitting beside her. Frankly there was little space for the other woman to even offer an opinion with Rayne ranting this way, but it was better in Rayne's opinion to get her irritation with the situation out now rather than let it hit whoever was responsible for the ruin of her weekend.

"Okay sure I didn't have any plans but still."

It had only been a few minutes since the sighting of something landing had pressed her out of her home and out onto the street to pick up her partner. Sightings of unusual purple and green lightning followed by a bolt of the same unusual color striking down near the city were serious enough to have her tension levels skyrocketing. Who knew what it could be. She had a few pictures of the man who'd come out of the lighting on her phone. Curious bystanders had been happy enough to post the images on social media. Two more turns and she was practically there.

"Almost there. You ready?"

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:19 pm

Selene sat on a bench, her tablet in front of her, the pen going over it as she went through paperwork. Just because she had gone out didn't mean there was nothing to do; to keep the greenhouse safe, with the necessities Belle needed, Selene had to do a lot of paperwork. 
Not far from her, near the lake, stood Sylphielle and Belle. Now and then Selene glanced at them, then around the park. She was also aware that Belle's safety was her top priority so her gaze scanned the surroundings, taking in the individuals who had made their way in. 
At this time, there were not so many, but still, some gave Selene pause...it was not that she could sense any power or such from them, just....a feeling.

A sudden infusion of energy into this mostly mortal world had the pink hair woman jerking her head up, gazing in the direction of the outskirts of the city. She caught some of the lights and her gaze narrowed. It didn't feel threatening and Selene was unwilling to leave Belle and Sylphielle alone. Making a note of it, Selene returned to her paperwork. 

******
Belle watched the lake with a disheartened expression. She couldn't' believe that she'd failed again. She had promised Olette to save her and her small kingdom, yet such a long time had passed and she'd failed yet again. Her green gaze swam with unshed tears and she sniffed. "I don't understand what went wrong,' her voice trembled. "I took everything into account." 

Sylphie watched her princess with worry. "Prin- Belle, you have to remember that Olette isn't just a usual being. She's not fully Aesir, she's not fully human. The being that created her soul merged several different creatures. Even her body was fusion creation. If the poison affects each race differently, then curing Olette will be incredibly difficult." 
She patted Belle's shoulder. "Maybe try to cure your aunt first, then go from there." 

Of course, Sylphielle wasn't at all sure if that would work, after all she wasn't skilled in herbology like her princess. Sylphie was more of a baker. She loved to bake and make her creations look pretty then show it to people. Of course, taste was important as well. Her pastries had to be delicious or it wasn't worth it, and now that she had those chocolate cupcakes, she'd figure out the ingredients and experiment to make them even better. Sylphielle might have rubbed her hands and cackled evilly, but she remembered just in time that her Princess was here and feeling bad. 

Sylphie controlled her expression and patted her princess' shoulder. "Don't worry, Olette would understand, so you shouldn't feel bad and wait until you heal her to apologize for the wait." 

Belle sniffed, rubbing her eyes. "Yeah, I know. I....I'll start with auntie Frei. Hopefully I can heal her first."

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:21 pm

She was up by five o'clock in the morning. Not because she wanted too but because Rillesil knew that when she had a day off, it was often interrupted by a phone call. 

When she began this job, Rillesil had thought that days off meant days off, but as time went on, she realized that it meant...maybe, but mostly not. When the call came in, Rillesil was already scanning the images on her tablet, her cup of tea mostly done. 

'Wow, look at this guy arrive. All he needs is a red carpet and a nice gown.' 
By the time her partner showed up, Rillesil was waiting. She opened the door, got into the car and put on the seatbelt, knowing her partner's driving ways. The blonde listened to Rayne's complaints with amusement glittering in her hazel gaze. "I thought you knew that a day off is like lottery drawing. You're lucky if you get two bucks for your trouble." 
She grabbed her purse as the car slowed to a stop and she got out, calling to the man walking towards the city. "Hello, sir. Welcome to Earth. Nice to meet you, may I know your name?" Rillesil smiled warmly and held out a hand to the man, forgetting she was in Tokyo and they usually didn't shake hands.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Ryuusei plopped back into his chair; a burger in one hand and a J in the other. He got a pattern going; a hit, and then a bite. "Man, soooooo glad I came prepared."

The Munchies wouldn't get to him today!

As he took another hit, he looked up at the sky. Lights flashed in the distance.

He pulled the joint from his mouth and looked at it. "The fuck?!"

No! That wasn't supposed to happen, he rolled these himself and didn't put anything else in them.

Then something came to mind, "No way! They were supposed to do that shit tonight!" and it was in the wrong direction too. That was all supposed to happen downtown.

Well, he was curious now, so he doused the fire and packed up the grill, then gunned the white cargo van's motor! With one hand on the wheel and the other holding a burger, he did a hard U-turn which tipped the van, but luckily it didn't fall over. If it had, it would've crushed a woman working on her tablet.

He got the van back on all fours, while running people off the sidewalk and exited the park.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:33 pm

As he neared the outer limits of Neo-Tokyo Terrence came to a halt as his focus turned up the road a ways briefly as his gut was telling him to expect some company real soon, admittedly he already knew someone was going to come out sooner or later considering the technology level he's seen of the world thus far. "No doubt there is already footage of me goin around..goddamit, couldn't you have at least dropped me off in a more secluded location?" he cussed under his breath slightly as he looked back ahead away from the car coming from the city, it was still far enough away that he couldn't see the passengers but was getting the feeling he'd be dealing with its occupants soon. Still he didn't need to show his hand this early and avoided staring for any length of time to throw off suspicion that he was aware of the approaching individuals.

However he wouldn't deny it was a pleasent surprise to say the least that it wasn't some kinda cop car or other overtly military vehicle and moreso when he could finally see the occupants of the car as he looked back towards it when it neared him and slowed down. He was half expecting military personal or maybe some kinda Men in Black kinda deal, but certainly didn't expect a couple women roughly a few years older than him. 'Talk about catching a fly with honey, maybe its a method of prompting an individual to lower their guard or something?' he mused inwardly as the blonde passenger stepped out and came to greet him in what he'd consider a polite if not curious fashion as her statement quickly gave away that outworlders were not unheard of.

Instinctively he parted the great heavy looking hide cloak that he was wearing to extend a hand in greeting but caught himself "Ah..sorry I'd rather not get your hand dirty with a shake since I've not had a chance to clean in a while, been travelling a wilderness." he admitted with a surprisingly honest smile and didn't seem at all put off being around so much technology despite looking like someone whom just stepped outta a fantasy setting. "Terrence Knight, pleasure to meetcha." He idly thumbed over his shoulder in the direction of where he first struck down "Unwitting outworlder I guess you could call me, ain't here to cause trouble for what its worth."

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:55 pm

People-watching was a hobby of his for certain. From the man by his van smoking what smelled even from this distance subtly suspicious to be a cigarette, to the lovely woman hard at work typing away on her tablet. There was even a darkly dressed young man across the street watching people with an intensity that made his own pale in comparison. He knew just by looking at the other man that whatever was seen by those dark eyes could be described down to the smallest detail. It made him shudder slightly to himself, the uncanny feeling getting under his skin. The apparent idleness that the man used as camouflaged as he scrolled through his phone didn't fool him, not in the least. 

Shoving down the vague sense that he was being personally observed, he drank his coffee - black without a trace of cream or sugar - and tried to enjoy his people-watching nonetheless. 

Which was when he noticed an odd light in the sky. The odd light caught his attention briefly, but it meant nothing to him, and so he ignored it. It seemed to mean something to the man by the van though, because he got to his feet with a startled exclamation and drove off at such speed that he nearly tipped it over onto the woman fiddling with her electronic device. The shock of the close call had him on his feet, almost dumping the coffee on himself as he did so. He was quick to recover however, quickly making his way to the woman and checking to make sure that his eyes hadn't deceived him and she was actually hurt.

"A thousand pardons lady. Are you hurt?" His voice was thickly accented, sounding as Arabic as he looked. It wasn't overly difficult to understand him however, but it was clear that he was not from Japan. He held his coffee in one hand, half forgotten, but unwilling to leave it behind.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:08 pm

Looking at his phone was an excellent method for keeping the fact that he was actually watching everyone and what they were doing under wraps. He noticed an Arabic gentleman glancing his way several times, but quickly dismissed the man as merely people-gazing. It was clear that there was no intent to come over and talk to him, and certainly no ill intent. Thus, none of his concern. He was however, distracted enough - and in a bad enough position with his back to the light coming down - to notice what alarmed the man with the van. He didn't fail to notice however that the man nearly crashed into the shop. 

Shaking his head in mute disapproval, he kept his eyes on his phone, and his attention on the people. There were a group of women in the park. Clearly unhappy that might have drew him to their discussion, but it was in fact the woman with glowing eyes that was in his opinion truly remarkable. Not because she was herself remarkable, but rather she was interesting because no one else seemed to notice her very much at all. Other passerby's walked with sliding glances that never caught on her. Much less noticed something as unusual as her gaze which was wholly inhuman.

Some manner of demon? Spirit? She seemed too corporeal for that, but some of those were known for taking on more solid shape when they meant to do something destructive. He was glad then, to be in the park rather than near where she was.

Casting her out of his mind, but keeping an awareness of her constant, he turned his attention to the women in the park. He couldn't catch all of their conversation over the sound of the park, but they seemed to be discussing something upsetting to at least one of them. Probably it was none of his concern, but the word 'poison' was clear enough, and he glanced up idly from his phone to take in the lake and the two women. Just for a second before returning to his phone.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:25 pm

"I thought you knew that a day off is like lottery drawing. You're lucky if you get two bucks for your trouble." 

Rayne laughed at the words and solemnly shook her head. Didn't she know it. There was no rest for the wicked, and she was sure as she'd been born no saint. The car slid to a stop and she had to actually pause a moment to take in the sight of the man before her. He looked... completely out of place. Someone who would have been more comfortable at a renaissance fair or... well she didn't know what else, but not as if he belonged in a city. Not unless that city existed somewhere in the eighteen hundreds. Not that she was any expert in dating clothes. Far from it.

Still Rillesil was getting out of the car and she was quick to follow, allowing her partner to speak for the pair of them. She didn't offer her hand though, and didn't particularly like the way that he looked them up and down. What was that expression anyways? He was awfully calm for someone who'd come down in a beam of light. At least... he wasn't rampaging through the city like godzilla. It was her one comfort at the moment as Rillesil offered the man her hand instead. 

Pointedly, Rayne stuck her own in her pockets.

"Ah..sorry I'd rather not get your hand dirty with a shake since I've not had a chance to clean in a while, been travelling a wilderness. Terrence Knight, pleasure to meetcha."

He had a nice...

Curbing her thoughts as they slid sideways Rayne narrowed her eyes at the man. He didn't seem overly bothered by his situation. Alone in a new place, confronted by absolute strangers. "And what brings you to our fair city Mister Knight?" Rayne managed to keep her tone polite, but it was clear as day that she wasn't as friendly as her companion, and that she was a lot less likely to brook any sort of funny businesses. "While you're at it... how'd you come to be here?"

She smiled toothily at him. "We don't get many tourists coming down in beams of light you see."

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:07 pm

The sound of a motor was not something odd in this world. However, it coming her way was. She looked up, her gaze narrowing as the van stopped inches from her and made a U-turn. 
Her fingernails tapped against the tablet, her blue gaze on the receding vehicle. 

A cold smile colored her lips and she gestured in the way the vehicle had gone. She could no longer see it, but that was hardly an obstacle for her. 
Her gesture had released four feathers of lights that flashed away, unseen to human eyes, to  lock on to their targets; the vehicle's wheels. The feathers slammed into each wheel, blowing them. 

Back on the bench, Selene's blue eyes glowed with satisfaction and she returned to finishing her online paperwork, pausing when she felt a presence coming closer to her. 

She looked up at the man and gave a small smile. "I'm quite alright, thank you for checking." She gestured the same to Belle and Sylphie who quickly made their way to her. 
"I'm sure the man was just as startled." As he obviously drove under the influence, without a license. "It was quite surprising to see a car in the middle of the park though."

**************

Sylphie had finally managed to cheer Belle up when they heard the sound of wheels on grass. The two turned, gasping as they watched the van barely miss Selene. "The hell is wrong with you!?" Sylphie shouted, looking almost like a hissing cat bristling. "I hope someone steals your sweets, you crazy road toad!" 

Belle coughed. "That's not the human saying it's...' she paused. "Nevermind. Let's go check on Selene." They raced over, relieved when they saw Selene looking just as serene as ever, even talking to a human as she gestured to the two of them she was fine. 

"Whoo." Sylphie sighted. "Now let's hope the police catches that guy." She turned her attention to the human, unable to not notice the coffee in his hand. "It looks black. Is that how you like it? I know some great pastries that go well with-hmp!"
Belle had elbowed Sylphie to quiet her down. "Thank you for checking on our friend, Sir. It's very kind of you." Belle said, smiling warmly.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:14 pm

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Mr. Knight." Rillesil said. "Don't worry about the unwitting part; it happens more often than you think."

She glanced at Rayne as she spoke up. Her partner did have a point; once she'd seen the flashy light, Rillesil had half expected Prince to flashy show himself and start a comeback concert. Rillesil couldn't help the half smile and she coughed. "You must have annoyed someone in the last world you came from, Mr. Knight." She tapped on her tablet, then turned it over to show him. 

"Just in case you think we're charlatans or you know...Mary Kay sales people." The screen showed two ID's; on the side there was the image of Earth turning, their agent number and letter, under which were the words; Earth- Extraterrestrial Intermediary. 

"If you're on your own, we can work with you to find a place for you to settle down. What we ask in return is that you keep in contact with us, perhaps help us out now and then, don't worry it won't go against the law, and report in any other odd goings on in our territory. Also, and this is very important, try not to destroy our city. Not sure if you know this, but repairs cost a lot of money for a city like New Tokyo."

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:29 pm

He wasn't so out of it, that he couldn't feel the vehicle lowering and swiftly pulled over.

He got out to have a look, all four flats?!

"The fuck?!"

He pulled out a phone, quickly pressing the 'M' contact to which a Hispanic man answered. Ryuusei, spoke to him in Spanish and had a tow truck dispatched to his location.

While waiting, he examined the tires closely, trying to see what he ran over to have caused the four blowouts, and what he found was rather interesting. Sticking out of each tire was a feather?

It wasn't the weirdest thing he'd seen in his life, though it had been for a while. He quickly pocketed them as the truck arrived.

Since his whole life was in that van, he went along to the shop.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:22 pm

He lightly rubbed his chin as Rayne questioned him in an entirely not friendly tone which immediately gave him the 'good cop/bad cop' vibe, however he held off his own response as he wasn't actually sure if they were part of some agency. He was already mentally arranging his responses as her partner spoke up once more drawing his focus back to the blonde whom beat him to the punch as she provided something he was about to ask for, some kinda ID before he revealed anything too important about himself or situation.

His eyes narrowed as he focused on the screen taking in all the information before shifting his gaze to the pair as if looking for any signs of deceit, he recognized he wasn't familiar enough with the technology of this place to know how or if this could be falsified. Still he decided to go with his gut feeling to take Rillesil and Rayne's ID at face value for the time being and seemed to visibly relax his guard with a nod more to himself than anything.

He finally spoke "First..thank you for the proof of ID as I was just about to ask for some kinda proof that you both are from some branch of authorities. With that out of the way lets get down to business..this ain't my first rodeo so to speak so if I appear to be taking this in stride its because I've been forced to go through this before and this time around I was prepped mentally for the move and this level of technology which is still considerably higher than my home dimension still at least passingly familiar compared to where I just was." he emphasized that last bit by waving a hand down to bring attention to his clothes. "Not going to lie I'm lookin forward to modern conveniences..and fast food. Its been a while."

Looking back from where he came from he sighed and shook his head before returning his gaze to the government agents "Now I'm not here by choice, bout all I can say in that regard is gods are assholes and apparently a favored form of entertainment is dicking around with mortal lives. You'll have to forgive if I don't care to divulge my entire past to you right now but the current takeaway of my situation is I'm stuck here for the time being and  you don't have to expect anyone else arriving from my end of things." Once more a hand came out from under the hide cloak and ran through his unkempt hair "I'm used to working alongside of authorities so I have no qualms keepin the peace so long as I'm not dealing with corruption as I have little tolerance for that. I had actually been pondering how to go about gettin shelter, once I knew the layout of the land probably would have looked for some kinda forest or barring that maybe something along a beach or river where I could at least gather my own food."

His lip tugged up in a slightly good natured if not mischievous smile "I might have also ended up sleepin on rooftops of skycrapers round here, dunno. However as it stands I'm plenty willin to cooperate, it'll make it much easier to settle in since y'all already seem to be used to dealing with folks from other places. I can't exactly be called on for skilled labor as I have very little to offer in a place this modern, however I have a skill set that's -very- apt for battle so if you have rogue individuals or say a militarized group causing havok I can aid with that."

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:47 pm

Black eyes tracked momentarily away from the woman that he had approached only to quickly track back to her. A warm smile slid across his features, and he took a subtle step away from her that was a polite gesture to allow her whatever personal space she might need or want after such a close call with a vehicle. It was also an act of nervousness which was thankfully disguised as such, and he was able to disguise it even further when the woman's friends came out of nowhere to see if she was okay. 

Politely he moved further back to give them space, even subtly turning as if to go. It would have been rude to stay if they were all going to exchange words after all. Friends came before strangers in such situations. It was not to be however, and he was quickly engaged as well, as his presence was noted. His smile widened again, and he offered a polite nod of his head to the other women who took in his presence briefly.

"Whoo. Now let's hope the police catches that guy." The woman's gaze flickered to the cup of coffee still in his hand and she continued. "It looks black. Is that how you like it? I know some great pastries that go well with-hmp!"

She was elbowed by her companion, but her words made his smile widen all the more, until he was flashing his teeth in mirth. "It is black coffee, which is indeed my preference. I would graciously accept your knowledge as to what pastries would go with it; but I fear that I would be unable to eat any of them." Kindly his eyes fell on the other woman who had interrupted her companion.

"I consider the act of seeing if someone who was nearly hit by a car no kindness. It is the responsibility of us all to look out for one another is it not?" His smile faded in the wake of a bit of confusion, and he finally waved his free hand in the air. "Now, if only I could remember the proper greeting for this area. Is it a bow? That sounds right."

Even as he spoke he offered a polite bow to the three ladies, though it bore the air of an unpracticed movement. "Forgive me any impoliteness, I am not from around here. My name is Kadin, and if you would be so kind as to allow me to buy you all some of this fine coffee, it would be my pleasure indeed."

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:56 pm

The incident with the van drew the two women in the park to the woman who had nearly been hit, and they joined up. It seemed from their body language and posture that they were friends. The interesting thing was the man. He seemed to be uncomfortable suddenly, though he was uncertain as to why that would be. The discomfort was mostly hidden under a veil of politeness and gentle words, but to him... it was clear. 

Shaking his head, he returned his attention to scrolling through his phone only to sigh and shut it off. There was nothing on it at the moment. Nothing to concern him. Rising to his feet he streched a little bit and considered his next move. It would be best to keep a low profile for the moment, and home sounded like a brilliant idea. Going home now though, would be defeating the purpose however. 

Instead he walked across the park without a real destination in mind. A meandering walk through the park would kill some time after all, and there were plenty of people that wasted their time doing such things. While he walked, he kept an idle eye on everything going on nearby. 

All he had to do for now was kill some time.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:12 pm

Rayne was glad to have Rillesil offer up verification of their identities. Kept her hands free. 

The rest was waiting for the oddly dressed man to offer up some kind of explanation. One which made her eyebrow lift, and then raise even higher. It seemed that he came from somewhere else entirely, though where was not something he offered. A fact which made Rayne immediately suspicious, but she kept her thoughts on the matter to herself for the moment. Allowing him to talk as much as he was going to was in her favor after all. It was simply that... his explanation was lacking in any real sort of explanation. 

Finally she smiled, shaking her head a little. "I'm afraid that there's not much around where you can go about gathering your own food or that sort of thing. And we sort of frown on the idea of folks sleeping on private businesses." She laughed a little to take the sting out of her words. "How about this, why don't you let me and my partner buy you some breakfast and show you around the city a little? You'll be doing us a favor if you can tell us anything about how you got here, and in return we can get you set up."

Gray eyes set solidly on him and neatly measured him a second time. "You'll at the very least want to learn how to blend in a bit better. Maybe we could take him by headquarters Rillesil? I bet there's some spare clothing there at least. Maybe even a phone. I think I saw Murphy's in the lost and found. Stars know he won't miss it."

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Huh, so this guy came from a place with similar tech; that would make it easier to grasp this world. Terrence mentioning Gods made Rillesil's lips twitch. Not that she didn't believe the likes were out there, but if Greek stories we're records to go by... Mr. Knight was right in his views of Gods. 

"Like my partner says, food gathering around here isn't going to work out for you, and most places belong to one or another person so having someone there will bring people like us to you. However unlike most cops, we do have guidelines. If you're willing to work with us, then we're definitely willing to help you out." 

When Rayne mentioned going to headquarters, Rillesil nodded. "That sounds about right, just consider us your tour guides, Mr. Knight."

She pulled out a smaller tablet from her pocket and handed it to Terrence. "Just push the play button. It should give you a sense of this place." It would give him a brief history of their world, countries, languages, and how old Tokyo was destroyed due to a war waged by magical beings, which was why their corporation was created and how New Tokyo, about twenty miles from the old Tokyo ruins, was built. She headed for the car, gesturing for Terrence to follow.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Sylphie looked both worried and unnerved. "You can't eat pastries? Do you not like sweets?" Her words made it sound as if that was puzzling. "Wait, maybe you can't have them because of health issues?" To her, this seemed more likely. "If it is, our Prrr- friend here,' she tapped Belle on the shoulder. "Is really good with medicine, maybe she can make something to help you- hmm!" 

Belle had put a hand over Sylphie's lips. "I apologize for her enthusiasm, she runs on sugar." Belle bowed in reply, her gestures elegant. "Thank you for checking on Selene, Sir. I am Belle, this one,' she glanced at the white hair girl beside her. "Is Sylphie. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Kadin." 

Belle glanced over at Selene, who had gone back to her work when the two had taken over the conversation. She sidled up to her and was about to grab for the tablet when Selene made a few taps, turned off the tablet, placed it in her purse and stood up, bowing to Kadin. "If you really don't mind, we could use some coffee. None of us had breakfast due to business and it's always nice to meet new people." Her tone was polite, a soft smile on her lips.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:09 pm

Being fully aware he wasn't exactly offering the most useful of explanations Terrence decided to put that off for the moment in favor of sighing accompanied by rubbing the back of his head at the mentions of how basically everything was owned by someone nowadays and fending for oneself off he land wasn't a viable options "Well that's a cryin shame, but I was startin to get the impression that might be the case with such technological advancements that the world would be good and owned by this point. Rest in peace dreams of living on my own in the woods in a quaint log cabin, what can ya do I suppose." he mused with a grin and a shrug letting that subject pass with acceptance. He laughed as Rayne commented about him doing a better job of fitting in "I mean in my defense what I'm wearing now was fitting in cept the cloak..not everyone wandered about with a wyvernhide cloak, served me well when traveling the desert." he admitted drawing attention to the heavy cloak which really did seem weatherworn upon closer inspection.

"Still I'd welcome a change of attire to fit in better..and maybe a bit of a haircut at some point, for now however I'll gladly take ya up on some breakfast.." He took the pad from Rillesil and spoke as he looked down at it studying the device "Was nearin lunchtime for me, granted had no way to accurately tell time there but given the position of the sun at the time I'd probably say it was early afternoon so I'm not bout to turn away a offer of food bout now." He followed the pair over to their car and waited to be let into the back seat while allowing himself to be engrossed in the information being presented. It was obvious while he wasn't a stranger to technology this was well above what he was familiar with but seemed to be intuiting and adapting to this very quickly given how quickly he took to using it pad to further draw up bits of related information.

Once seated and ready to go he'd look forward towards the city "I'll be honest I am unsure I'll be able to give truly satisfactory answers as to how I got here, basically as it was seen I was teleported via magical lightening and dumped off here in this dimension, had been given roughly a weeks warning that I'd be relocated to another place and to get my affairs in order so to speak. That is about all the say I got into where and when I was going. I know neither the name or exactly the goals of the entity that has taken an interest in messin around with my life, for the most part the best I can do is man up and deal with the changes as they happen."

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:51 am

Politely Kadin smiled at the woman's surprise that he could not eat pastries. Her concern was so genuine and warm that it elicited such a response without him even thinking about it. Her friend tried to smooth her many questions over, but he clearly did not seem to mind them. Though some of what she said made less sense. It was worth no small curiosity how her friend might 'cure' him of being unable to eat pastries should that be the issue - which it was not - but that host of questions he swept aside out of politeness. "No, no. It is quite alright." He flashed his teeth in a slightly broader smile. "You see, I can not eat the eggs that are in most pastries. My people believe that all life is sacred and the eating of eggs is a... complicated thing."

He bowed his head briefly to the women. "Allow me to see to the coffee. When I return I would be happy to explain in more detail."With that he turned and walked back to the barista. It took only a few seconds to order more coffee, as there was not much of a line this early in the day, but he stood for several minutes off to the side of the counter waiting for the drinks to be made. 

It allowed him time to think. Time to consider what he had seen from them and what they had said. They were clearly hiding something. Not the least of which was magical talent in at least the one who had been nearly hit by the van - Selene. No, there was something unusual about them, and it had something to do with what Sylphie had nearly said. A nickname for her companion? A title? 

Our prrr- she had said. And before as well. She had nearly called her companion Selene something earlier. Kadin could not be certain what it was, but he had no doubt that if he knew it would uncover at least a little of what was going on. If he intended to stay.

The coffee came and Kadin gathered it up, hurrying his way back toward the three women in question and offering the small tray filled with coffees out to them.
"Now, where were we?"

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:09 am

Rayne was infinitely glad when the gentleman agreed so easily to follow them back to headquarters. She hadn't been lying about them being able to help him get a bit situated of course, but it was more than that. The amount of paperwork that an outsider dropping onto the face of the planet generated? And if she just let him wander off without questioning him about himself and everything else they might be able to learn from him? Yea she'd haver her rear end in a sling so fast that she'd be swinging from the vines like Tarzan. She nodded to Rillesil, a bit of thanks for the calmer-headed woman's easy-going attitude with other people. 

She just wasn't cut out to be the welcome wagon, but when diplomacy failed... well that's when her skills kicked in. Rayne was just glad that this time they weren't necessary.

Walking around the car, she buckled up, and waited an extra few moments for her partner and the man they'd successfully gathered into their company to settle before she took off through the traffic again. Quite quickly, she proved that she was in fact a completely capable driver. She wove in and out of traffic without speeding overly much, and was making good time toward their destination in what was the near-center of the city. Most people wouldn't have been able to tell the building apart from any other police station or office building, but it was far enough away that it would take them at least a few long minutes to reach it - even with Rayne at the wheel.

"Magic huh?" Rayne frowned. She personally hated magic. It was no end of trouble in her opinion, and usually meant that she was up against something that would require special ammunition. "I suppose at least you were given some kind of warning. Was it a sort of deal where some disembodied voice told you that you were about to be forcibly relocated, or did you meet some old wizard, witch, or what-have-you and they forewarned you?"

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:08 pm

Magic. Rillesil almost shuddered. She wasn't fond of it. With just a few words, the wielders could bring forth dragons and thunder and god knows what else. "Well, if you ever do find some clues on whoever's messing with your life, just let us know. Who knows, we might be able to help you figure it out." 
Already used to Rayne's driving, Rillesil paid it little heed. "And if you do end up meeting magicians of any kind, let us know too. It's not like we'll roll out the red carpet, but we won't go in guns blazin either...as long as they keep their trouble in their pockets." 

She stepped out of the car once it was parked in the underground parking lot, heading for the elevator, flashing a card in front of a small screen before the doors opened.

"First off, let's get you some clothes, after that we'll go for lunch. It'll give me time to check in and get you a domicile location."   
Rillesil was rather relieved that this first contact with Mr. Knight went so well. She was half bracing herself to fight it out with Mighty Thor and have her good hair day end.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:11 pm

"Oooooh." Sylphie said, enlightened once Kadin explained. "That's...very respectful of your people." Honestly, she had never thought of such things. Eggs were needed for pastries, so she grabbed them. It was the same as grabbing fruits for fruit parfaits. 
So he couldn't eat the yummies...what a shame...
That thought led to more thoughts and Sylphie finally went quiet, though her bright gaze spoke of plotting.

Glad for the quiet moment, Belle sat next to Selene, waiting for Kadin to return. 

"Feeling better?" Selene asked her. 

Belle nodded. "Yes. I suppose my next step is trying to awaken aunt Freyja instead of Olette." Her tone was still somewhat down. 

"Olette is a frankenstein creation, there are too many variables. Freyja only has one. I'm certain success will have a higher percentage." 

Belle half smiled, glancing at Selene. Despite her trying to sound caring, it just wasn't coming through. Selene wasn't the type to show much of emotions, but Belle understood her. "Yes, you're right." 

Belle stood as Kadin returned. "Thank you for the coffee." She passed one to Selene then took one for herself, glancing at Sylphie just as the young woman ended her four minute silence. "I've got it!" It was a sudden, almost cheering motion that burst from her. "Vegan pastries!" She laughed almost evilly. "So many hu- uh, people don't eat eggs. Like you, Mr. Kadin, but that wouldn't be a problem if the pastries were vegan. No eggs or even milk from cows." She grabbed her coffee from the tray with a happy thank you to Kadin. 

"Vegan pastries, huh." Selene's calm personality was very much at odds with Sylphie's bright and cheerful one. "That could actually bring in some profit." 

Sylphie let out a loud sigh. "Why is your head always filled with money? This is about letting people who are missing out on delicious pastries, get to try some!"

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:27 am

Getting a good grasp of the current situation of the world as it stands and how magic came to be known he could understand the feelings of unease the pair of women were giving off when speaking about it. He hummed quietly as he set down the data pad that he had been looking through  on the seat beside him while putting together his responses tot he questions as they were all pretty fair as far as he was concerned. As the car swerved through traffic he couldn't help but grin at Rayne's competency behind the wheel, the way she handled the car and traffic he was sure she'd do great as a race car driver as well!

He slowly pulled himself out of the car after it had parked in the underground parking lot having kept mental tabs on how to get here and if need be how to get out if things turn sour. "How was I informed? Well similar to how I arrived here the entity seems to have a fondness for purple and green lightening, a stroke of said power had come down a little ways from where I had been leaving a message burning in its colors on the ground before fading shortly after I had finished reading." He paused for a moment to idly check out some of the other parked vehicles as this was all new to him and was trying to get a better sense of what was current and how technology had advanced "I was frustrated that I'd have to leave behind the friends and allies I had made but I was going to be far too busy to dwell on that as I had to make preparations to make, primarily further expanding on my food supplies as I had no idea where or when I was going to be taken to."

He knew it sounded kinda absurd as it certainly didn't look like he had any supplies on him besides the clothes he was wearing "Suppose now is as good as time as any to reveal one of the unusual things I have access to is dimensional storage, could call me the ultimate pack mule and is one of the reasons why I was put off but not terribly stressed that I'd not be able to forage for my own food right away as i have years worth of food and drink in storage."

With that said he'd follow them into the building as they spoke as he then addressed Rillesil's commentary "I'll keep in mind but I highly doubt I'll get any information on said entity unless it wants me to have it, believe me I've tried before to get information through magical and divine means but it seems to be keeping its identity under wraps. As for letting ya know if i meet any wizards? I mean I think that would depend on the situation, I can't make any blanket promises but if they seem like an agreeable sort I'd bring it up." He didn't seem to be inclined to say what might happen if said magic user wasn't so agreeable.

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:56 am

The woman took notice the mystery man's gazing over her and smirked. She wasn't doing anything to stand out...a smirk on her lips before a query came in. It was Aura.

[Go head.] May'n responded mentally. Her personal AI had been on alert in orbit, maintaining one of her many pride and joys that were her personal 'effects' from home.

[My sensors registered a strange electrical event near the outskirts of the city.] Intoned the smooth voice of Aura, as video flashed showing the event from a point just above the surface of the Earth. She watched it intently; reviewing the data in detail as her mind processed many things. It has some...disturbing similarities with the Triglavian method of opening gateways to their realm...but this was not their's. She knew what those looked like.

No...this was something different. It needed to be looked into.

[Aura, deploy the Drone from HQ and have it fly to the location. Patch it in for my personal control.]

[Confirmed. Be forewarned that you should not walk or do anything while in control of the Drone.] Aura responded as May'n felt her consciousness plug into the Drone, taking control of it. A window opening on the inside her 'sight' showing what the Drone saw as it flew up. A simple mental command turned on it's miniature cloaking field as the spinning blades keeping it up angled to move it forward.

She saw the man who noticed her walking past and pondered giving chase to see just how aware he was of his surroundings. He had really noticed her eyes, a giggle escaping her lips as she closed in on where the bolt struck down...and followed a set of footprints.

The woman herself would stand up and turn to follow the stranger...not completely. She kept her distance, making sure to not follow his exact path. Her gaze forward as she meandered as well...the all the while turning her drone through the skies. Aura was a little too concerned...this was nothing like plugging in and piloting a multi-ton machine of death. That she needed her full concentration for or she'd end up with a serious case of Jovian Wet Grave Syndrome.

That was not a fate she desired at all.

She finished her cheeseburger and soda, tossing the trash into a bin before going about her meandering...in the other guy's general area. Her drone closed in on the heat of several bodies, switching on the mic once it got close enough. Landing it, the underside sprouted legs as it walked along the grass; hidden from sight by optic jammers designed to defeat Minmatar LADAR and borrowed from Stealth Suits used by the Black Eagles.

So it was that she'd possibly find herself heading into trouble...

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:56 am

Kadin instantly smiled at the outburst of exclamation from Sylphie who had it seemed come up with a solution for the dilemma of having pastries without eggs in them. A small chuckle escaped him more due to her clear excitement than her actual words, which prompted something closer to confusion. "Ve-gan?" He repeated the unfamiliar word with some curiosity, handing out the coffees to everyone and returning to his own dark drink. The bitterness reminded him fondly of home, though the coffee there was far thicker and in some ways entirely different than that which was offered here. Still, there was no stopping the rise of nostalgia when it came and he allowed it to come and go as it would. "Well, if they have no eggs in them, then I am willing to try one. Certainly I would be interested in seeing what all the excitement over pastries is about."

He smiled a little at his small joke, and sat down in a chair nearby. "So, tell me, what brings you all out and about on this fine day?" He was interested in learning more about them. And not just for the obvious reasons. 

Yet learning about them was something that need be done carefully. At the very least he knew that Selene was a magic user and that could easily spell trouble for him if something went wrong in this encounter. Nervousness flickered in his belly, but he squashed it down ruthlessly. They seemed like perfectly nice individuals. There was no real reason to think that they meant him harm. Yet he could not ignore his father's voice in his mind any more than he could have ignored the wave of nostalgia earlier.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:13 pm

If there is one thing that his line of business had taught him, it was paranoia. Paranoia kept him alive when so many others in his line of work were dead or worse. As he meandered through the park, he stopped often to surveille his location. To others it probably looked as though he were enjoying the scenery but that was not the case. It was him keeping an eye out for anyone paying him undue attention. At first it might have been something he could ignore, except that it was the woman that he'd noticed before. The one with the odd eyes and the disposition that seemed to make others unaware of her presence. Perhaps they simply thought her an ordinary human. With the sunglasses they could have been forgiven for missing the eyes, but his years of dealing with the supernatural had heightened his own awareness of oddity.

Now however, she seemed to be... aware of him as well. If her casual trailing of him was any indication. She wasn't obvious about it, which indicated to him that this wasn't the first time she'd followed someone. The question was, was she trailing him because she'd noticed him noticing her... a fact which in of itself was somewhat frightening given that he'd ignored her presence after becoming aware of it and had given no outward sign that he'd noticed her. Or was she trailing after him for some other reason?

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he stopped suddenly and pulled it out. A quick scan of the phone had him shoving it back into his pocket. A momentary flicker of displeasure flashed in his black eyes and he considered for a moment his next move. 

Turning on his heel he headed toward the restaurant that the woman had just vacated. Motioning to a waiter he took a random table there and ordered some food. Now if the woman wanted to trail him she would have to be more obvious about it, and it gave him an excellent vantage point from which to observe. It seemed that his busy day at work wasn't over just yet.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:39 pm

Rayne let Rillesil take the lead. In these sorts of situations where diplomacy reigned she knew that was best, and bringing up the rear meant that she could keep an eye on Mister Knight. So she let him follow her partner into the elevator and the building beyond and nodded to the various individuals that made up her fellow officers. It looked very much from the outside and inside like a police department. First there was the reception area which was mainly to keep visitors from wandering in and into the bullpen. Beyond the reception area was the pen itself. This looked a little like a business with cubicles of all variation making up the vast majority of the space. 

The only oddity to the cubicles is that most of them lacked anything in the way of flair. No pictures of families smiling out from the desks. Only one or two even had knickknacks. Though many of them sported paperwork of some kind, it was mostly very orderly. 

"I'll grab some clothes." Offered Rayne, giving the pair a wave as they started to veer off toward Rillesil's desk area, or maybe she'd take Mister Knight back further toward the interview rooms. Either way Rayne could find her easily. It'd give Rillesil a chance to warm the man up a bit, though he seemed friendly enough toward them. It could be hard to tell. 

With that she peeled off, heading toward the area where they kept emergency clothes, and grabbed a few options in case she was off on his size. Once she had a selection from the emergency clothes she ransacked lost and found and headed toward where Rillesil was likely holed up with their catch.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:08 pm

She almost laughed as it seemed her quarry noticed. Smirking slightly as her blue eyes watched him continue, noting the phone. It only took a few seconds to grab the frequency through line of sight. He was now heading to a restaurant near where she had been..and where she got her food. Her drone's own view filled only part of her view as she hacked one of the security cameras and watched as he sat down.

She would come back in a few minutes after and choose a booth from where she could watch him. A smile on her face as she did enjoy toying with people but...well he seemed aware so time to nip any incoming hostilities in the aft. She slipped sent a signal towards the phone, causing it to buzz. Waiting in her headspace, all the Phone ID would say was this.

RESTRICTED

Meanwhile, she followed the group with her drone; the robot crawling along the top of the walls just out of human vision. It found them going up an elevator so she went looking for a wifi port and hacked it brutally. The implants in her brain making the process child play on these archaic systems based on circuits and not on quantum mechanics and more importantly...Quantum Entanglement.

She settled in with another screen while her Drone maintained awareness of it's surroundings. Last thing she needed was anyone on this world getting a grasp of a quantum-computer well over 14,000 years more advanced than anything on this world. That was a disaster waiting to happen as she waited for her mystery man to pick up the phone buzzing their pocket.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:42 pm

'Run. Don't stop!' Panting and out of breath Yumi is close, so close to the boundaries for New Tokyo. It feels like she's been running for days. The 21 year old redhead lost her family years ago in the fall out of wars. Before she could get away the 5'4" woman was taken and sold. Finally a week ago she escaped. And now, she's so close to Tokyo. Sparing a glance behind her, she makes a mad dash into the city. One more glance and she slows down.

'Breathe, don't look crazed. Calm down.' Taking deep breathes, Yumi looks around her current location. She sees a restaurant, a couple of stores, and some places she isn't sure what they might be. Glancing into a window she fixes her hair. She may be in fear of her life, but that doesn't mean she needs to look like a mental case or a threat. Sighing deeply, she starts wandering around wondering what to do.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:36 pm

The Japanese man sat down in his seat only to stand up again a moment later. Politely he waited a moment longer for the waitress to come over and ordered some food. That would hold his table. He even went so far as to throw his coat over the chair in case someone failed to realize that the seats were taken. His black eyes were on the woman he'd just spotted in the window. Today was his lucky day it seemed so long as that woman (spirit?) from before didn't interfere. 

Even as he politely made his way across the restaurant to where the woman by the window was, his phone rang. Without thinking he pulled it out, blinking at the restricted number he felt a moment of concern and then answered.
"Hello?"

A thousand things flew through his mind, but he had some thought of who to expect on the other side. Though, he was of course in every way wrong. His steps drew him to a stop a few steps behind the short red-head. He was far enough back that she might not notice him just yet, but not nearly far enough away that he would lose track of her.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:48 pm

Yumi is moving fairly slowly, walking at a 'normal' pace. Average one could probably call it. She is trying and possibly failing at blending in with those from here. She is dressed in traditional Chinese clothing, though her skin color puts her as non Asian; possibly mixed. Her hair and eyes lean towards parts unknown, particularly her lavender eyes. Those are more from mixing DNA than any part of the world though. Red and blue make purple in DNA just as they do in paint. It's just more interesting in eyes.

Looking around as she wanders the city, she's unaware of anyone here looking for her. She appears to have slipped from her last Owner only to picked up a new stalker. Unknowingly she helps the male out when she stops to look at some of the local flora. Stretching a little she smiles and decides to sit on a bench.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Watching as the man answered his phone, she smiled and waved while her voice came over the speaker.

"Well, you seem to be unique. Noticing me...noticing my tailing of you...and your defense. It's not easy to impress me or any like me. We Empyreans tend to not think much of regular folk...but you are not regular are you?"

She cleared her throat and before he could respond or question, stretching as she did so.

"Now now...don't go asking how I did any of this. It is not magic...well maybe it is; depends on your definition. One thing interesting about this version of the Cradle is it's Science Fiction."  She winked at him and pointed at her head.

"Let's just say Clarke's Third Law is in total effect. Now you got questions and I got answers but let me start with my name...May'n Nome. Might have heard of me and my humble little start up." There was almost girlish glee coming through the phone while the woman who was the source of the voice sat, drinking a glass of water. The woman who practically owned a company with it's fingers in nearly everything civilian, government, and military.

The weird thing is if she was being watched...her lips never moved as she talked to the man on the phone.

At the same time, her eyes were tracking a new target while never leaving her current target. The young woman looked like she was worried. Everything in May'n told her to get on top of this now.

Last edited by PanzerZorn on Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:19 pm

"Well, you seem to be unique. Noticing me...noticing my tailing of you...and your defense. It's not easy to impress me or any like me. We Empyreans tend to not think much of regular folk...but you are not regular are you?"

The voice on the other end made Karasu's eyes flicker. He did not look for the woman, but he knew now that she was still watching him. Why? What was an Empyrean? He did not have the time for this. His lips thinned slightly and he listened to the woman's words but they glided like ice past him. The name meant nothing to him, but he filed it away for later. If she was as important as she seemed to think herself, he would find information about her on the internet. Later. He had other problems to attend to now.

"I apologize for being dismissive, but I have other concerns at the moment. I hope you will forgive me if I have lunch, and I hope you will respect my request to leave me alone while I have something to eat." He took a few steps forward, following the short redhead toward her bench. "All I want is to be left alone, so do that for me, I will return the favor."

He hung up, taking another step forward and placing a hand on the shoulder of the woman he had first noticed by the window. She was covered in a fine sheen of sweat from running, and he would not be surprised if she jumped slightly at his touch. "Excuse me. I was hoping you might join me at my table." He smiled, an expression that did not quite meet his eyes. "Please, it is very important."

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:33 pm

May'n would chuckle silently, watching the man as she was hung up on. She did love making people nervous, getting under their skin at times. Usually it was corrupt people in the government, using them to make sure she got preferential treatment on contracts...or exposing them to get those same contracts. It was always easy with many. This one was unique in that he was not rude about brushing her off and she noticed the new target of her interest and smiled.

Waving a waitress down, she ordered a dessert for herself...and handed a black card to the woman pointing at the man and his soon-to-be guest at his table. "Whatever they order...it's on me." The waitress looked at the card suspiciously but shrugged before wandering off to complete the order she was given. She turned her attention back to her drone, watching and waiting...for something to happen.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Tensing as someone joins her, Yumi indeed jumps as she's touched. Shaking, she looks up at the larger man. Sighing in relief, she is happy that it isn't her chasers. Blinking in surprise at his request, she suddenly tenses again. Could they have sent a local to find her? Looking around rapidly, Yumi jumps up. "Please don't hurt me. I won't go back. I can't. Please." She braces herself for a fight or to be carried off. 'Run!' Her brain is screaming at her. 'Run you idiot.' Instead all she can do is look him over. Sighing, the small framed woman follows him to his table. "Please... don't hurt me." It's quite evident this is all she knows, and she is terrified.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 pm

The woman's words when he touched her shoulder were... not surprising to Karasu. However he held a finger to his lips immediately, not wanting anyone to overhear her words and wonder at them. His fingers drew her upwards, encouraging her to her feet and toward the table which he had selected in advance. It's seemingly random placement was anything but. It had an excellent view of the rest of the restaurant, and that was why he had chosen it. "Shhhhh." He murmured to her, noticing how quickly her posture went from defensive to defeated. 

It seemed likely that she would not fight him if he were to take her back to where she had come from. Not really. Though... people could be surprising. He directed her to sit down, and slid into the chair across from her, but pulled the seat a little closer so that it seemed to outsiders as though they were friendly with one another. It would help to avoid questions.
"I have no intention of hurting you." His black eyes met hers. "But I am going to need you to stay with me."

He posed, relaxed in his chair as he spoke to her. "Relax. Would you like something to eat or drink?"

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:21 pm

When he shushes her Yumi bites her lip. It could mean he's a threat or that he means her no harm. Her eyes go everywhere as he leads her inside. Taking in the restaurant Yumi clocks the exits, also looking for anyone who was hunting her. Sitting where he puts her, she fidgets slightly. As he moves closer, she squeaks. Relaxing at his intent, she tenses again at his need.

Watching this strange male closely, she isn't sure if it's safe to eat or drink. Biting her lip she slowly nods. "You need me to stay, why? I don't know you. Did they send you?" If not she probably sounds crazy. "If not... I'm Yumi. I was held against my will and I'm simply trying to find safety. I'm sorry about before. You startled me. I have been running for... What day is today? I think it's been a week." Looking up as water is brought she drains the glass. Suddenly she doesn't care if he plans to drug her. Every part of her just wants to eat, it's been so long.

Looking over the menu she shakes her head. "I don't know. This is all..." Looking at the stranger, Karasu, Yumi blushes softly. "Ummm can you umm order for me? Please?"

Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:39 pm

A tall lanky woman in all black is slipping along the shadows. She is wearing form fitting pants, boots, a leather top, gloves, and many hidden blades. In her boots are sheathed weapons; they're also along her hips, thighs, and wrists. Among other places. She also has a very special weapon made for her by her twin brother. One created from his body.

Reaching her desired location the woman slips inside. Aqua eyes scan the dim nearly empty bar. Her sources said that her target would be here. Although it's not even noon, a bar is the perfect spot. The mysterious stranger needs privacy for what she's about to do. An assassin leaves no witnesses after all. Granted, just once she is going to share her name.

Spying her quarry, a wounded 6'0" male texting at the bar, she grins. Suddenly the 5'7" Demoness is directly behind the lone male. A black dagger is at his neck, a short blade jabbing in his kidney. "You messed with the wrong boy when you fucked with my brother. I don't just wound."

The guy chuckles, not worried by 'some chick' who is clearly all talk. "At least he fought."

"Oh, this isn't a fight. I'm quick and silent. You're the first for this. You're the only one who gets to know his killer. My name is Iridessa Soth. You tried to kill my brother. Prepare to die." ((I love that movie.)) With a swift deft movement the dagger slits his throat ear to ear.

The asshole's eyes register it as blood gurgles all over the place.

Slipping away with her waist length hair swaying behind her, Dessa slips off down the street. Six blocks away she meets up with her brother. "Get it under control."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:51 pm

Rolling his eyes Iril walks with Dessa down the street. "I can handle myself fine. Neither of us are invincible though. You need to relax. You get all high strung. I don't get where your temper comes from." Chuckling, the tall lanky male shakes his head.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Sat May 29, 2021 4:18 am

That night...

It was around 10:30 PM when they began to gather; dozens of robed individuals. their robes were black with scale patterning and bright yellow reptilian eyes just above the rim of the hood.

The Order of the Obsidian Serpent

They moved through the ruins of Old Tokyo, a city destroyed decades ago when an experiment to harness Mystical forces failed and exploded.

...Or so they say.

Whatever the cause, magical energies continue to fill the ruined city, and so it would be here that The Order would set The End in motion. The one-hundred and thirty-seven members, carrying an assortment of arms, converged on the remains of a 24-hour convenience store. It was about 11 PM when an armored truck arrived to which the crowd parted and allowed it to approach the store. From the back, emerged six more members with adornments on their robes. They carried with them a large box like a coffin.

The last one to exit the vehicle, had nothing special about their robe; no adornments or the eyes or scales. However, this person was allowed to step ahead the pallbearers and approach the storefront. They turned to face the congregation and removed their hood. Underneith was a man nearing fifty, he was bald and covered in scale-pattern tattooing, areas of his face were modified to look reptilian and he wore contacts to make his eyes appear yellow and slitted.

"My Children, the time is near!" There were cheers from the crowd. "Now that we have all gathered, let us enter the Temple."

The Leader, followed by the pallbearers entered the store. Shortly after the remaining congregation filed in. They all moved to the basement where the entrance to a tunnel was. They followed the tunnel into a section of the subway sealed off due to a cave-in. It wasn't long before they reached a strange chamber with runes carved into the walls and an alter.

The Leader motioned for the box to be placed on the alter and then the top section opened to reveal a young woman, not dead but asleep.

It was 11:30 and The Order began to pray...
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Sat May 29, 2021 6:36 pm

It had been both easier and more difficult than expected to convince the woman he was with to come with him. He'd told her that he meant her no harm, and she'd come with him with only a mild explanation that he needed her to listen to him, and not to argue over the semantics of the situation. He'd driven her around town a little bit, picking up another pair of cell phones. Both disposable, both untraceable. He'd thrown away the one that he was almost certain had been hacked. He'd added a few weapons from his trunk to his person, but nothing that the girl with him would notice. Nothing that most people would notice. 

Then he had headed into Old Tokyo where he was expecting to meet his contact. He'd led the girl up an old apartment complex that hadn't been lived in since the downfall of the old city. Even the homeless and desperate avoided this place. He'd specifically chosen an apartment complex with only one working stair case and then an apartment with only one exit aside from a window that afforded him a view of the street. 

It wasn't surprising then, that he was surprised when around ten thirty a crowd began to gather across the street at a convenience store. He could tell that they weren't supposed to be here. They had that air around them. The air of fear that came from doing something that they weren't supposed to be doing. But... there were a lot of them.

He hoped that his contact wouldn't be frightened off by them. Otherwise...

Karasu glanced toward the girl whom he'd set up with some magazines on the chair that had somehow managed to survive mostly intact here. The bed was another story. It had been utterly destroyed. Karasu had briefly introduced himself by first name only, but he wouldn't have been surprised if she was planning to run or something by now. If she was calculating her chances of success with only him to chase her down. Hopefully she wouldn't run. Not with the crowd downstairs. They might notice, and he might be forced to do something unfortunate. Another hour passed and he relaxed as the crowd began to slither down below ground. They were definitely up to something, but... He wasn't sure yet that it was anything he'd have to concern himself with.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Sat May 29, 2021 6:48 pm

After seeing the man with his cute derrière off, and setting up surveillance on him for the evening, Rayne had hoped that she'd be able to clock off for the night. It was only wishful thinking however. Truth to tell she couldn't remember the last time that she hadn't worked overtime. They could have been a little more considerate than to ask her to go into Old Tokyo in the middle of the night though. Seems that someone had spotted some suspicious activity in the area, and so... it was her job to make sure it was nothing.

She believed that it was nothing right up until she spotted the edge of the crowd. There was no way she could blend in with those robed freaks, so she slipped into an apartment complex across the street and kept an eye on them. Praying every minute that they didn't notice her even though she felt like she had a target sprawled across her back. 

It only got worse after an hour or so of standing around when their leaders showed up and led everyone away. 

Shit

She cursed internally and glared after them. A quick text to headquarters that she knew wouldn't do her any good and she was shifting from foot to foot. Trying to decide if she was going in herself or not. 

Shit.

Quickly she jogged across the street, and grabbed one of the lagging cultists. A swift punch put the poor person out, and she stripped the man of his robes and tucked him behind the building before shoving her head through the hole in the robes and pulling it on. Hopefully this wasn't a real talkative cult. How talkative could they be? Damn it all. She straightened up and wandered down after all the others, keeping her eyes peeled for anything that might be important. 

So several minutes of following along later when she spotted the sleeping girl on the alter, lets just say she was less than pleased.

Elm

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Sat May 29, 2021 7:31 pm

With naught but a towel wrapped around his waist Terrence came out of the washroom letting out the biggest sigh of relief as he strode into the bedroom of the small apartment he was set up in for the time being. "Christ..how long has it been since I had one of those, how I've missed modern amenities." he muttered with a slight grin as he picked up the clothes laying on the bed eyeing the pile dubiously, they were what Rayne had been able to dig up for him at the office since shit came up and they didn't get the chance to take him out to clothes shop properly. That being said he wasn't eager to wear clothes that were obviously previously owned by someone else "Well beggars can't be choosers I suppose..how are these stupid things even going to fit?" he  continued to mutter not really caring that he knew the apartment was bugged, honestly he'd be concerned if it hadn't been.

Frowning as there was more effort to getting the pants on than he'd like he finally managed to get them buttoned up "Egh..previous owner certainly had a more slender build than I do, almost better off just wearing my old breeches." he grumbled before grabbing the dark button up shirt and headed towards the patio window as he stepped outside to enjoy the night air as he slipped the shirt on once more wondering if the woman had intentionally chosen clothes that were too small or somethin..

As he idly wondered that his gaze overlooked the ruins of the old city with a frown "That must have been a shitshow..even now I get a uneasy feeling in my stomach thinkin bout it". Looking out as he was he dearly wanted to leave and explore more of this place, maybe the old ruins but he really did want to be on good behavior.

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat May 29, 2021 8:05 pm

Once Karuso had ordered, Yumi ate as though she hadn't eaten in ages. Which is fairly accurate considering she had been fed just enough to be kept alive, and once she escaped she hadn't eaten in almost a week other than some scraps she found in trash cans. The fact that he never hurt her nor drugged her went a long way to Yumi trusting him. The male wanting her to get in the car is where he had to do his verbal dance though. Wary, she had gotten in; watching him closely. Seeing as he never called anyone nor headed towards her tormentors Yumi quickly relaxed.

She let him run his errands asking no questions. When they headed for Old Tokyo she simply went on guard again; though quietly this time. As he ushered her upstairs she looked for any person, any way out. Her ears strained for any sounds. Walking into the empty apartment Karuso could probably hear her sigh of relief. Yumi is grateful he wasn't bringing her into an ambush. Sitting on the floor she pretended to read the magazines while watching him.

Now as his attention is drawn out Yumi's gaze moves to the window as well. She stays seated but watches with fear evident on her face.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next