❦Scattered Dawn❦
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the hunt for a new training ground.

4 posters

Go down

On the hunt for a new training ground. Empty On the hunt for a new training ground.

Post by T.K. Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:29 am

--Deep in the heart of the ruined city--

Standing atop a ruined Skyscraper Terrence gazed intently down into the ruined cityscape, he had gone out of his way to avoid drawing attention to himself this time around so he'd not be disturbed just yet using his life sense to avoid encountering anyone, he was familiar enough with the usual suspects who hung around parts of this place that he could easily pick out their energies from several blocks away thus took care to circumvent if he had sensed someone. He hummed quietly to himself as he glanced about looking for something, he'd been around old Tokyo for a while now looking for a still intact structure, one that would be suitable for his purposes.

"C'mon..there has to be some place I can make us--..eh?" he murmured under his breath as in the distance he could see a mostly intact parkade, the large solid concrete structure was the best option he's come across thus far and decided it would be where he'd inspect to see if it would serve his purposes, namely a base for a new training ground as he could only do so much at home, primarily being finesse training for fine motor control.

However he needed something more to really try or work on anything else and he couldn't exactly hit up public faculties so he needed to take matters into his own hands.Thus here he was looking for a large solid structure to set up future facilities in outside of the average prying eye and with any luck a parkade would be the answer he sought.

Sliding down the side of the semi collapsed building he leapt off approximately halfway across the street onto another roof and made his way towards the parkade to inspect it.

T.K.

Back to top Go down

On the hunt for a new training ground. Empty Re: On the hunt for a new training ground.

Post by Justyce Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:48 pm

Scarlett had been doing normal things around Old Tokyo. She had shown around three Archivist and they had accessed old libraries and computer systems which yielded some fun information about life there. She hadn’t really been to busy, while she didn’t require maintenance the requests from the home world to return for regular check-ups was always headed. She had been there for an annual examine for any type of damage that she may not have been able to regenerate. Cygnarians were highly advanced AI and next to impossible to truly leave lasting damage on them but this was normal. She had been seen with a pool of mixed units and it only took a few minutes and she was back. She always stared in wonder at their home world. It was bathed n a cool blue light and for some reason. One she had asked about several times. The trees and animals seemed to have adapted to the energies that would normally have killed organic creatures. She didn’t understand why that was but she was again on one of the many ‘Earths’ she had visited across almost three thousand years. This one had many interesting organics and a few of them she had come to know and speaking of them one was not at home.

She had checked and actually knocked on the door to see if he would answer. She had knocked loudly enough yo have a neighbor come out tell her Terrence wasn’t at home. She could have found one of the other organics she associated with but they may not take too well to her company. She would go and find Terrence. He was after all one of the organics who didn’t mind her presence and was kind of accepting to having her around. He also had a unique energy signature and would be too hard to track.

She just had to stop by her building and feed her canine. He seemed to be less leery of her now and she was pretty sure she may be able to pet him in another week. She made it quick and the canine came out wagging his tail as she filled his food dish and replenished his water. She checked the build quickly to ensure everyone on the lower floors were ok and none had been harmed. Satisfied she head out in a wide grid like search pattern in Old Tokyo. It was best to start there and then move into the new city.
Justyce
Justyce

Back to top Go down

On the hunt for a new training ground. Empty Re: On the hunt for a new training ground.

Post by T.K. Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:52 am

Having scouted the parkade to make sure there wasn't any others using it as shelter, and as fortune would have it there wasn't anyone squatting there. Terrence had chalked it up to the markings in the surrounding areas showing signs of gang conflicts, he hadn't been certain at how recent it was but obviously when it had happened anyone who might have been staying here moved on.

Which led him to being on the top layer of the multi layer concrete structure surveying what he all needed to do to start cleaning the area "Can't leave these vehicle husks laying around, do want to tidy up this place if I want to use it as a training ground." he murmured to himself with a nod of his head. With that decision in mind he walked to one of the edges and peered over it to the street below "..this should be fine right?" he mumbled to himself as he couldn't sense any living entities in the immediate area.

Moments later a husk of a car flew over the side of the parkade plummeting down to the road below with a  loud crash. Moments later loud metallic scraping sounds were followed by a brief silence followed up by yet another loud crash near the first one as Terrence started to clear the top layer of the parking structure of vehicles letting them pile up below .

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:58 pm

"Whoa!" Ryuusei halted upon seeing a car come flying from a parking garage, which was followed shortly by another vehicle!

He looked over at the building, realizing it was one of the few buildings in the are that was still in relatively good shape...so he figured some gang was trying to remedy that. Perhaps they were high on PCP and testing out that enhanced strength?

Figuring it'd make for a good workout, he lept in...only to find Terrence clearing the place?

"Soooo what Profane Artifact we diggin for today? If it's a still-beating heart in a jar, I think a shop a few blocks over has one."
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justyce Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:00 pm

Scarlett had quickly covered a lot of ground when her attention was drawn to noises in the distance. She searched her mind for the map of Old Tokyo and there was much that direction. Several large structures. Most of them not really in good shape. So why would there be anything over there. The parking structure was sound. She would head there. The worst she’d find is just some organics scrounging. She really didn’t bother them unless they were fighting. She broke it up unless was a gang. Then she beat them and sent them packing. She didn’t have time for idiots camping and bothering other organics. They were simply pests to her but she understood they harmed their fellow organics. She was then acting on one of her primary protocols, which was to protect. She didn’t have a problem ensuring they weren’t a nuisance to their fellow organics.

She moved quickly to the parking structure and stood on the ground where one of the cars had been tossed and didn’t see Ryuusei make his way up. She was now intrigued about who they ended up down there. She knew of only several organics who could possibly do that. Although she wanted to see if it was the dragon in human form. That would be fun. He was fun to talk to although he seemed to get aggravated swiftly by her questions. The other one was Terrence. He was nice to talk to. He seemed to accept her company. That last one that may be able to do this probably didn’t like her. She reviewed her last interaction with him and was terse with her.

“I wonder if can use my gravity controls to jump to the top of this structure?”

She made the calculations and then leapt with such force she left a small crater in the concrete below. She gave a kick when she cleared the ledge to propel herself forward and saw a clear landing spot. That’s also when she noticed two organics on the top when she landed and skidded to a halt she looked and realized it was Terrence and Angry Anime Guy.

“Bonjour! Terrence…..and Isekai Anime Protagonist! You weren’t what I was expecting. I was expecting gang members. Very intoxicated and in no way able to fight. Which is strange…who comes to a dangerous place drunk?”

She wondered what brought them over here but waited to ensure a car wasn’t hurled at her.
Justyce
Justyce

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:16 pm

Terrence having recently worked his way down to the next layer of the parkade stopped and wiped his brow with a forearm taking a brief break as he felt Ryuusei's energy come within his sensory radius, this was within expectations at this point. Knight knew the kid patrolled around the city so it was only a matter of time before he showed up at the noise he was making. Last thing he wanted to do was hit someone with one of the vehicles he was clearing out so Terrence waited patiently for Ryuusei to arrive and as always showed up with some kinda smart alec comment.

"No artifacts of power or concern today.." he started as he dug his fingers into the metal of a nearby burnt out cube van "Might wanna cover your ears." he said dragging it noisily towards the edge of the structure and hucked it out of the building before walking past the green haired teen "This is more of a personal pursuit of mine. I've spent the morning looking for a place around here that I might be able to to gradually turn into a training area, I've been a bit frustrated that I don't have a good spot to work out and improve myself.." He idly gestures around the parkade "It'll probably take a good long time to get this place properly cleared out and cleaned up however." He idly leaned down to pick up a car door off the ground "Still I need a place to stretch my proverbial legs and I'm sure as fuck not going to find a place in the city. At least not a place where I can cut loose a bit."

He tossed the door into the cab of a truck before hoisting the vehicle up over his shoulder and packed it towards the edge of the parkade and seemed like he was about to toss it out but paused briefly a few seconds before Scarlett suddenly jumped up right where he was about to toss the vehicle out, if he hadn't of stopped he'd have probably hit the Cygnarian girl with it. He gave her a wry grin "I hate that I can't sense you, was just about to accidentally drop this on your head. Anyway, Good afternoon Scarlett." He said now tossing the truck out and heading deeper into the parkade with the pair. His lack of surprise in his voice hinted that he actually expected people to start showin up now that he was making a ruckus with his cleaning.

He pointed to Ryuusei "He beat you here." he idly commented as he motion for Ryuusei to come along.

He addressed the girls question "Ha well I've noticed some of the gangs don't exactly strike me as the smart type, moreso when drunk. Only people that should come to a dangerous place drunk would be practitioners of Drunken Boxing." he adily commented before finding another cluster of vehicles that would need to be moved. He stepped ahead of the pair briefly before turning and folding his arms to speak for a bit.

"As I was mentioning to Ryuusei, I've scouted a place..here. To hopefully eventually turn into a makeshift training facility for myself or other unusual individuals. This is a product of my building frustration that I don't have a place to train in the new city as well normal gym's ain't going to cut it." He thumbs to the vehicles scattered about "I don't have any concrete plans currently beyond cleaning this place up first which admittedly has been a nice workout in itself. After emptying the place out of the big things I'll have to set the vehicles up as best I can around this structure as a perimeter a makeshift wall of sorts to keep normal thugs out for the most part, I don't exactly have the resources to set up any sort of proper security."

He took a moment to turn around and stack a husk of a car on another one then push them with his shoulder into another couple vehicles towards the edge of the structure, an act that further cements he was more like a tank in human form or a bulldozer at the moment. "Still at the rate at how often we come across each other this might end up being a common gathering point for folks like us." He said after stopping at the edge of the building giving a brief break from the noise.

"Something to think about anyways. Would be great if I could get power to this place once its cleaned out and and cleaned up, could make turnin this place into a bit more of a comfortable hideout a realistic thought."

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:50 am

He winced at the metal scraping against the concrete"L-lift with your LEGS, dammit!", but still followed the man to the next level. Once there, Terrence found a truck and lobbed it over the side. He found the crash and the car alarm going off rather amusing.

Suddenly Scarlett popped in; probably drawn inside like he was. She greeted the older man in French and...had an interesting one for him. "Hey, she's learning, I guess her programming's gone beyone 'Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!"

Jokes aside, Terrence answered them both, he was trying to make this place into a training facility; well it definitely was big enough. "Yeeeah! The Olympic-sized pool'd look GREAT on the second floor." Again, jokes aside, it WAS kind of a cool idea. Though they'd probably need to seal the place and get some kind of security system to keep those shithead gangbangers out...

At the mention of this place needing power, it dawned on him that "Hey! I thin...no I'm SURE I've camped out here a couple times before." He started walking to a far section of the floor. "There's a bathroom here, that barring something happening in the last month, still has its facilities hooked up."
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Lee Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:33 pm

It was the middle of the goddamn day. One moment he was comfortable asleep in his den, the next he was jarred awake by the sound of crunching metal and glass. He groaned and rolled over, writing it off as some random gang activity. He snarled as he heard the sound again. When it became clear that the noise was not going to be stopping anytime soon, HiRyuu gave up on sleep and decided he was going to go see who, or what, was making the noise and put an end to it.

He followed the noise, gritting his teeth as he got closer and the screeching of metal on pavement, followed by the inevitable crash, had his ears ringing.

He came upon the parking garage as another vehicle frame came sailing over the edge. Through the ringing in his ears he picked up familiar voices and felt familiar presences. "Should have guessed," he muttered, though knowing who it was made him feel slightly less murdery.

He didn't want to piss of the tofu woman again.

He sliced his hand through the air, opening a portal and stepping through and onto the top of the building. "Whichever one of you woke me up by /throwing cars off of buildings/ owes me breakfast."
Asch Lee
Asch Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Justyce Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:51 pm

She looked at Ryuusei and his comment and gave him a half smile. He was still what other organics called a jerk. He would either stay the same. Her experience  had taught her enough to know that organics were capable of change, but most chose not to change.

“It’s nice to see you to.”

She delivered flatly as she felt the extraspatial distortion and the. Dragon Man appeared. He was complaining. That seemed in character for organics. It’s not like anyone was going to miss cars. Sure they could be recycled but carrying a car up might raise some eye brows as it went with organics. As he went into his complaint she exclaimed…..

“DRAGON MAN!”

…teleported to him and gave a crushing hug. She hadn’t seen him in a while and was wondering if he left the planet or dimension. She put him down.

“Of course a place like this out of the way would work for you unless strength quotient that well exceeds the pressure of a black hole event horizon. That is fairly strong. It’s not a bad idea. Here it won’t damage much if you decide to push your limits.”

She could confirm that but Ryuusei had said there was power. That was odd. She had surveyed a good number of the building in Old Tokyo and most did not have power. It was a nice find.

“Power is good.”

A meeting place. Maybe they should challenge the local gangs. That would also be a good to keep this area clear. Plus robbing them blind and taking their clothing and making them go back in underwear and shoes. That was what she did to them.

“Oh like the Legion of Doom but more benign! We can let Dragon Man be the doom part. After all you do have a face for doom. I saw it. The way your eyes turn all murdery when challenged.”

She looked around and walked over and hoisted a car up and tossed it off the building.

“Terrence I think if we all helped we could actually let Dragon Man get back to sleep. I don’t know if Isekai Anime Protaganist can lift a car but I would assume to know. Anyways!”

She started toward another car.
Justyce
Justyce

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:36 pm

Even if the kid had been somewhat joking about a pool that did prompt Terrence to comment in regards to it "In all honesty I do want to see some kinda pool set up somewhere for water based training, but got other priorities first." he said with a grin as he did have some training in mind that involved water but would have to wait for the time being.

As he was informed about this place having at least some facilities still available he hummed with a arched brow "Is that so? That is super convenient, hell having some running water would be good enough as its pretty easy to get some power generators for lighting if need be in comparison to getting running water here." he admitted with a brief nod to himself. Not that he had any plans to get running water here since he didn't have -those- kind of resources on hand but the fact there was something here already? Fantastic. He paused and briefly slightly tilted his head in a direction as he felt another arrival approaching. 'Ah..well i can't say I'm surprised that guy decided to show up as well, I have rather been making a racket.'

With that train of thought he picked up a truck overhead and readied to toss it out when the person back from the dagger hunt arrived complaining about someone owing him breakfast since he was woken up by the noise. Making eye contact with Hiryuu Terrence made it obvious who was making the noise as he deliberatly tossed the truck off the side of the building causing it to crash below "Guilty as charged but as  you can see there isn't any food here and this place ain't exactly littered with resturants if you get my meanin. Y'know. Ruined city an all."

"Best I could promise is a bag full of hamburgers or somethin next time I come back round here." he admitted with a shrug  and a slight smirk as Scarlett whom had started to help went to hug?! the ..dragon? man. There was a story behind that and made him very curious to know how those two first crossed paths. Still he did wonder what the AI girl's reasoning was for the hug, he thought they had some sorta adversarial thing goin on.

He regarded Scarlett with a grin as she commented about helping him "In all honesty it would be welcome to get this place done sooner, I'd be at this for a couple hours otherwise." He idly pointed over his shoulder where he had been throwin vehicles out "If I had the means to I'd love to break all these vehicles down into materials or at leas the frames for metal and rework them into fencing around this place, as it stands though I'll probably move them around and set them up as a halfass barrier around the place so normal people can only enter from certain points unless they wanna climb over vehicles."

He leveled Scarlett an amused look as she made statements that they could be like the legion of doom "I'm going to have to put that idea on the backburner Scarlett. We're no cohesive group or team, we're hardly more than a handful of misfits seemingly consistently brought together by circumstances. ..Pretty sure some of us are more threats to each other than to anyone else." he mused with a wry grin with how she and Ryuusei sniped at each other.

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:50 pm

He joined in on the 'Legion of Doom' discussion. "Plus I think most of us ARE actually from 'Remote Galaxies', so it wouldn't work." While saying that he moved along a line of cars, stopping at a small compact to which he lifted from it's spot and with much effort, chucked it over the side.

"If you're really serious about fixing this place up, I could probably get a crew over here to totally overhaul this place."

Then he turned back to Scarlett. "Dunno how dependable the power would be." Honestly he was surprised there was anything at all...and STILL working since his previous visit. It was probably some emergency system. "So maybe you could science up a generator?"
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Lee Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:11 pm

HiRyuu's eyes widened and he stiffined as Scarlett descended upon him and began to excitedly crush him. "HiRyuu." He said when she had put him down and he could breathe again, eyeing her cautiously lest she try to glomp him again. He was not used to that kind of positive physical attention.

He wasn't quite sure how they had gotten from trying to kill each other to...whatever it was she thought of him now.

And then she continued to pile on the compliments, with the whole "face for doom" and "murdery eyes" thing. He grinned. "I can get behind this Legion of Doom thing."

He turned his attention to Terrance. "Forget the burgers. I want Denny's. After we get this shit cleared up, you're buying."

As everyone else, including the punk kid, pooh-poohed the Legion of Doom idea HiRyuu shrugged. "Guess I'll just be Doom without a legion." He grinned and selected a vehicle, dragging it across the floor and hefting it over the side effortlessly.
Asch Lee
Asch Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Justyce Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:45 pm

She was surprised by the water training. She had always wondered about organics drive to improve themselves. She had spent many cycles trying to create a theory as to why organics did this at the risk of their lives. The only thing she could come up with was because they could do so at peril of their lives.

“You have a planet covered with at least sixty-five to seventy percent in water. Plus numerous rivers and waterways. All none moving body of water will do is attract other creatures like birds and such. I’m fine with that as they tend yo land on me anyways.”

She was not very pleased with that last part. She didn’t know how to tell Terrence she kind of told him to eat the bad and criminal people in the park. She also didn’t know how to tell him they leveled an alley testing combat tolerances.

“HiRyuu prefers live food.”

She said his name after he supplied. Again how to tell him she knew this information. She jumped twenty feet into the air aiming for a car and as she dropped she removed her gravity control as she impacted car and her heavy body composition crushed it flat and she reinstated her gravity control protocols and stood up. She dusted herself off and then kicked the car over the side.

“Yes many hands make light work. As it is everyone is helping. You’ll be done quickly with this!”

She grabbed another compact car and tossed it over the side. The science something up comment caused her to look at him. She could but she didn’t want to leave technology around for organics, especially ones will to detonate weapons which leave harmful radiation in their own biosphere. Well maybe the molecular forge would be good for the cars and breaking them down to base materials for recycling.

“We could use the molecular forge to break these cars down to base materials. As for the generator. I can’t do that. You organics willingly detonated a weapon that spread radiation in your own atmosphere. That doesn’t prompt me to want to leave a generator under an organics care. Since it really is harmless but organics are smart and could misuse it. Molecular forge I can at least cause it to consume itself.”

She smiled as nicely as she had seen people do in apology. She knew most organics when they were less than five hundred thousand years old tended to like to kill each other. After they closed on a millions years, if they hadn’t already caused an extinction level event, you could see their potential.

She had visited many worlds where organics as advanced as this planet or more advanced had killed themselves. Stark lessons about how the people who created her could have went and there wouldn’t be her here.

“See even HiRyuu sees the value of having us as a legion. Although technically we would need nine-hundred and ninety-six more for a full legion. I’m still for stopping bad guys. I mean I’ve heard the park is rather peaceful of late.”

Oh he ate things other than living things. That was good. He must have eaten all the criminals in the park. Which meant he was probably looking for new hunting grounds. Well she hoped he wasn’t doing that period.

“Now I’d you’re dooming bad people like criminals and other miscreants. I’ll help but we have to hand them over to the police. I’m all for that type of Legion of Doom stuff. I’m Scarlett and it’s nice to meet you HiRyuu.”
Justyce
Justyce

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:09 am

Terrence raised a hand "Replace distant galaxy with different universe and I'll be that guy." he commented with a chuckle as he saw how everyone seemed to be chipping in with the task he had set for himself. While this outcome wasn't expected he wasn't about to complain as that'll save a ton of time. He paused and gave Ryuusei an arched brow "You tellin me you happen to know a 'crew' that could properly overhaul this place? How did you manage that?" he asked curiously.

--until that train of thought was derailed as Scarlett leapt up over a vehicle and in a show of abnormal mass gave the vehicle the squashed goomba treatment. 'Wait, what the hell is her mass? She must have a way to control her weight! Otherwise she'd be damaging concrete as she walks normally.' he hummed internally as the girl kicked the flattened husk over the side. He wisely decided against commenting about her mass. Instead he chose to focus on her other commentary about water first.

"In my defense that's a goal for down the line, preferably after I've gotten some means to empty out the pool and refill it without too much effort because of reasons like that I don't want animals comin by. Water resistance is a good way to train to build stamina and I have little desire to go out to an ocean or other open areas where satellites have coverage or normal folk might stand around and gawk." He commented in a bland tone showing what he thought about training in public. Taking a few moments to listen to the others speak amongst themselves he tossed a few of the remaining vehicles on this layer over the side. Overhearing what was being said he really was curious as to how Scarlett and Hiryuu came to know each other, seems like there is some story behind it for certain.

At the comment of 'live food and the context of the commentary afterwards it didn't take a great leap of logic to draw his own conclusions, of which he really wasn't a fan of. However if it was  just the criminal element getting such a treatment that was something he could live with. Having killed plenty prior to arrival on this world he didn't have much a leg to stand on in that regard.

Pushing that aside for the moment he stopped to look back to Scarlett "A molecular forge? You got something that we can break these cars down with? That would be incredibly helpful for getting raw materials to work with, as for not being inclined to  provide us with a high tech generator? Honestly I can't fault that reasoning and really do agree with it, how about a compromise? If you have scanned objects here or others of your kind have gathered data on this worlds technology could you help us with producing power generator using schematics for one that can be found on this world? No new tech and between the raw materials and components in the vehicles here and your forge  there should be enough here to fabricate something entirely available on this planet. Would that be acceptable?"

Even as he spoke the idea of having a means to break things down into materials opened up a world of potential for properly fortifying this place against any potential gang related issues and turning the parkade into a proper facility!

As their band of misfits finished clearing out the current layer of the parkade he paused and nodded once to Hiryuu "Finish helping clear the large debris and vehicles from this place and I'll do you one better." He stated with conviction even as he started doing a bit of mental inventory of something "I was just going to get you burgers or something as an apology for wakin you up but with everyone chipping in to make what would be a time consuming task into something far more bearable I'll go the extra mile and provide a good meal for everyone here, after all I do firmly believe in the simple concept of 'You work. You eat.' I don't let aid like this go unrewarded."

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:31 pm

He replied to Scarlett. "I didn't say 'build us a bomb'; just something that could keep this place goin." Though he did get what she meant and if she and Terrence agreed to the renovation idea, they'd have to build an extra-fortified room for the generator.

Meanwhile...

With all the car-tossing, they might have not noticed a black pickup truck roll down the street, but even if they didn't see it, the loud rap music blasting from it should've got their attention. The vehicle was carrying four men; two rode in the bed, while two were up front. The driver was on the right side and was a big man with a tattoo of the 'Ma' Kanji within a red circle on his left shoulder and wore a painted green Oni Mask, he was smoking a blunt. The other three wore ski masks with tiny devil horns attached.

The truck stopped in front of the garage, however it wasn't a complete stop; suddenly one of the men in the back lit a rag that was sticking out of a bottle on fire and tossed into an opening on the first floor and yelled. "PAYBACK MOTHERFUCKER!" All three passengers opened fire on he building. After emptying his clip, the same man lit another bottle and tossed it harder than the first, it flew through an opening on the second story and smashed on top of a black patch on one of the parking space, bursting into flames!

Then they drove off!
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Lee Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:18 am

HiRyuu made a face, chucking a car over the side of the parade as Scarlett mentioned handing criminals over to the police. "Maybe if I'm not hungry," he muttered. What difference did me make whether they went to the police or an early grave?

Still, as she introduced herself and nodded. "Hajimemashite," he said, more out of habit than anything. Even though it wasn't technically their first meeting.

HiRyuu grinned at Terrence's offer to upgrade the meal. "How generous." OK, this human wasn't so bad. He could hear the sound of a vehicle passing by but paid it no attention, aside from the mental acknowledgement that the driver's choice of music was shit.

It was the small explosion below followed by the sound of gunfire that had him drop the rusted out motorcycle he'd been moving. An inhuman growl rumbled in his chest and his skin rippled as his dragon form threatened to tear free, his instincts buzzing with a warning, /Threat!/

He leapt and tackled Scarlett, rolling away with her out of the path of the molotov that came sailing through the opening near where she'd been. Knowing she likely could have fended for herself, he grinned down at her apologetically before standing and moving to the opening the homemade explosive had come from, just in time to see the black pickup truck speed off away from the building.

He looked at Terrence. "This might set your plans back a bit," he said, gesturing at the flames just a few feet away from him. He leaned back out, watching the rear of the quickly departing truck. "And since it appears lunch will be delayed, I'm going to go get a snack."

He jumped over the railing, opening a portal and falling through it and, with near-perfect timing dropped right onto the cab of the truck, denting it with the impact. He grinned at the masked men in the bed of the truck, flashing sharp, extended canines. "So. Which one of you likes playing with fire?"
Asch Lee
Asch Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Justyce Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:36 am

Scarlett stopped because the request for the molecular forge would take a moment. It was one of the moments she truly was pleased she could fill these out without a second thought. The whole part of it was that it wasn't the request, it was why she needed on a planet with a low tech level. She explained she would set it to self consume if it was open or if ten-thousand Cygnarian cycles had passed. While they did have a computer mind they measured time a bit different because of the lifespan. Five-hundred years wasn't long to her but to organics it was a long time. Since it would self consume and not harm anything else it was approved and a table sized hovering cube showed up. She smiled at the thoughts of teaching Terrence and Isekai Anime Protagonist how to use the forge. She then considered converting or two of the engines to run off or just the ambient magnetism of the planet. 

" I have a compromise, and I know you didn't say build a bomb."

She took a moment to compose her processes and then walked to a car and flung a hood off it and then stared at the engine compartment for a bit and then finally removed the engine. She quickly disassembled it. 

"You have people who would do this? That is kind of you but I will meet you halfway and build something that could be build on this planet. I will ensure it does not give off emission as well."

Terrence made sense with how it would take time get water here and she could survey the existing facilities and see if they had water. One step at a time. His another universe comment confirmed what she had detected about him when at close proximity to Terrence. Isekai Anime Protagonist guy had a weird energy to him as well. She hadn't been close enough to him to get a good reading off him. 

"That is something to do down the line I would think. After all that means you have a project of hobby of sorts."

The loud music caught her attention but she was busy taking her engine pieces to the molecular forge and an explosion followed by gun fire and then another was enough to gather her attention.

"That's it......"

HiRyuu was on the move and already jumped off the building. She felt the energy distortion and he had used his means of movement which she still needed to get a closer look at and some more data. He was gone.

"Well I guess he is going to ensure that nuisance doesn't repeat itself. Now you two, come here and let me give you tutorial about this piece of equipment."

She called up a holographic display and when they got close enough she would register two new users. When HiRyuu came back she would ask if he wanted to be registered as a user.
Justyce
Justyce

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:28 am

Taking a break from moving more vehicles closer to the side of the structure Terrence turned and moved over to speak with Scarlett as she ported? In some fancy lookin cube which prior she mentioned she could bring in a molecular forge. If nothing else he was fascinated by the piece of advanced tech even if he wasn't the most technologically savvy person. Honestly he was pretty glad it seemed like they would work out a compromise here, it would save so much trouble in the long run and streamline alot of the work down the line.

As he observed how she broke down an engine block on the forge he could feel a grouping of 4 life signatures entering his sensory radius scant moments before he even heard the terrible rap music 'this can't bode well..' he internally groused as the sound approached and his assessment was correct as the bad feelin that cropped up in his gut was met with sounds of glass breaking below followed up by gunfire peppering the parkade. He knew that in itself wasn't going to do any meaningful damage to the place, however his gaze snapped to the open side where the Molotov came in and lit a pretty decent sized fire as it had landed on a oil patch 'Shit."

With Hiryuu taking off using some kinda shadow portal to deal with the idiots who decided causing trouble was a good idea Terrence shrugged to Scarlett "You'll have to give me a few to put out this fire and probably the one that is burning below since I did hear another glass object shatter on the layer below us which I assume was another molotov."

Saying that he turned away from the Cygnarian girl and took a few steps to put the fire between himself and the opening the molotov had been tossed in, stretching out a hand he let loose a broad beam of lifeforce however the intensity of the blue beam was low not causing much damage but was the roughly similar to the output of a sandblaster as he adjusted the intensity until the fire was forcefully snuffed out. "Not really how I prefer to put out a flame but didn't want to risk it spreading to other oily surfaces." He admitted with a sigh accompanied by a shake of his head as he noted how the concrete was a noticilby lighter color where he blasted having taken off a fine layer of it. "I however should be a bit more careful that I don't cause lastin damage."

He returned to Scarlett's side to look at the forge and her instructions on how to use it "On second thought I'll just leave the fire below to burn itself out, have a pretty good idea where the glass broke and there wasn't any nearby oil or gas patches so the fire should burn itself out before long." He spoke while studying the forge curiously "This incident however makes me think most of the workable roads leading here will need to be busted up or sealed off to reduce access to here."

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:32 am

He waited until the other two left to deal with the noise downstairs before replying to her. "That'll work...it'll certainly be more stable than what we've got now." It didn't sound all that different than what he was doing with his van; which was both a good training exercise, helping to control the amount of electricity he could channel. AND let him save a fuckton of money on gas!

...Though not as much as he would've liked as it took until the fourth battery to get a handle on it.

Meanwhile...

Some weird guy just...appeared and landed on the cab of their truck; when he asked which of the two gang members in the bed 'who liked playing with fire?', one replied. "Yer mom!" and both proceeded to open fire on him with their handguns.

Inside, Oni Mask sped up, while the passenger drew a large hunting knife. he leaned out the window, and stabbed the person on top in their right ankle.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justyce Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:17 pm

Scarlett had been configuring the holographic display to accept new users. She gave a quick glance to where Terrence had went to contain the fire.

“If you both would join me. I will register you as users. Unless you don’t wish to use the forge.”

She stepped to the display and opened it to configure for earth metals only. That done she locked the configuration and closed out of that menu. She opened a holographic scanner for a hand.

“Please put your hand in the hand hologram. State your name. After that you will be registered. Then I’ll show you how to make it produce items from items you feed it.”

She stepped over to one of the junk cars. Lifted it up and brought it closer for them to tear pieces off to use the forge. Once they were registered she would continue with the usage and storage of the forge.
Justyce
Justyce

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:03 am

While Hiryuu was away solving a couple bad samples of the gene pool Terrence was busy listening to the AI girl's instructions as Scarlett told him and Ryuusei how to go about registering, at least it seemed easy enough after she got it set up!

Terrence grinned wryly "Of course I'm going to register as a user, I mean asking you to help us with this would be kind a moot point if I couldn't use it as well to break or fabricate things while y'all ain't around." As he spoke Terrence approached the forge and place his hand on the holographic scanner and spoke up "Terrence Knight" getting himself registered before stepping back.

He nodded to Ryuusei "Your up, I assume your also interested in being able to use this forge. You also seem to be the sort who might find uses for it on your own time." he commented with a bit of a grin.

As Scarlett returned with one of the formerly to be tossed vehicles and started to take off chunks of it he was curious to hear how this will work "So its safe to assume you can only break down so much in one go? Can we put more than one thing on at a time like say an engine block and everything would be broken down and sorted or does it have to be singular substances?"

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Justyce Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:06 pm

Scarlett had the fed the forge enough and motioned for Terrence to join her in tearing off pieces of the vehicle. She was feeding what looked like a swirling energy. When Terrence approached it changed colors from the silver to a light blue. The forge chimed and spoke.

“S/C-47-RLT step away as user Terrence Knight has come.”

Scarlett laughed. These forges got surly attitudes if they didn’t get regular memory download. At least this one wasn’t so surly that it cursed. They regularly purged forge memory to avoid this. She would mark this one for memory purge.

“So what you want to do is just feed pieces of the car in. When you do it will store it in its matrix which allows for nearly twenty-thousand tons of material. The control will allow you shape building materials and such. Just not weapons. Anyways. It will also allow you to set it to put itself away after several hours of inactivity. The menu is either touch or voice activated. Feed it the materials and tell it what you want made.”

She looked at Ryuusei and wondered if the fight was that interesting that she should observe as well. Anyways she had to make sure that Terrence was supervised for some forge usage before she let him go at it alone.

“Go ahead and break some car off and feed it.”
Justyce
Justyce

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:08 am

Curiously watching Scarlett feed the forge, Terrence was making mental notes the size of the parts of the car she was feeding it, he'd refrain from trying to put more in at a time than what she's shown thus far.

His brow arched up slowly as she waved him over and the forge basically told her to go away as he approached "This forge takes no guff does it?" he mused with his lips turning up in a small grin as he peered a bit closer at the forge and where Scarlett had been feeding the material into.

He turned to face her as she described what could be done with the forge and the non weapon restriction, which was perfectly understandable. He didn't mind since that wasn't what he wanted it for, simply having a means to break down junk and get usable materials would be huge. "Twenty thousand tons? I'd ask if that is excessive but seeing as I'm kinda just improvising all of this.." he gestured to the parkade in general "I have no idea how much or even what I'll all need so I'll take what I can get."

He turned away to pull off one of the doors of the vehicle that Scarlett had been pulling chunks off of and slowly fed it to the forge to get used to how fast it accepts and breaks down materials. Nodding once to himself he spoke "I was actually a bit worried if we'd have to hide this somehow but if it puts itself away that would be really helpful as well."

He followed the cygnarian's gaze for a moment then shrugged "They'll come by whenever, if not? Well I was prepared to do this all myself anyway." he admitted before looking back to the car and pulled off the hood feeding it to the forge before reaching in and tearing out the engine block to feed it next.

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:27 pm

"Sure, what the hell." And took his turn to register with the forge.

At present they were stripping cars and using their parts, but there was also plenty of broken pieces of concrete and piping on the ground. "Hey, would any of this stuff work?" Deciding to ask before just chucking the shit in and risk creating some monstrosity that'll go on a rampage.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justyce Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:13 pm

Scarlett always wondered at the reactions to the forge. That was always nice to see it was appreciated as well. She went to answer Terrence when other guy came up and registered and asked a question. It was a good question but no there wasn't a chance for B Movie Science Fiction monster rampage.

"Terrence you can feed it bigger pieces. It will accept them but it does take longer for them to be broken down to their base elements."

She shrugged and answered the other question.

"Yes, it will accept it all. It is programmed for this Earth's Table of Elements. So basically if it can be found on Earth and is a building material then you can shape it how you like. So yes the loose concrete and other debris can be fed into it."

She wondered about how they could actually improve this place for usage. She had done some shaping and debris collecting for her hideout. It mattered very little because it gave the residents a place to close off at night so they could sleep a bit more peacefully.

"I would say just monitor the capacity of the forge and cleaning this place up and making it serviceable will be quick. The only other thing is you have to program it where it needs to secure itself for when not in use. Just tell it when not in use for longer than whatever length of time it will return to the room."

She said that to both Terrence and the other guy. She should really ask the name of that organic but he seemed a bit....standoffish...as they said. So that meant she had to wait and earn that right to know his name. He probably had reasons.
Justyce
Justyce

Back to top Go down

Post by T.K. Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:41 pm

Shifting to the side as Ryuusei tossed in some concrete and piping Terrence turned his attention once more to Scarlett as she gave him some much needed answers for his and the other guy's questions. "Got it, so bigger chunks works fine just might take a bit longer, good to know." he said nodding to himself once as the forge was being fed concrete while they spoke.

"Assuming its easy to check the capacity at a glance then staying under it won't be an issue, however the second thing is a bit of a concern. We'll have to dedicated a spot to store this thing, the question is where. Gotta be somewhere thats secure enough that someone isn't just going to stumble across it by accident. So unless we can set up a somewhat secret subsection to this parkade I'm not sure storing it here when not in use is the best idea unless someone is going to live here full time."

He gestured outside "I'll have to bring those cars back in later to break down over time, hindsight really, didn't know I'd get access to a means to break them down in a useful fashion." he laughed and shrugged. "I think once I block off most roads leading to this place I'll have to acquire extra metal and then feed it to the forge here and use that raw material to set up a perimeter around this structure to limit access this place. As those jokers from earlier proved I'll have to somehow add some minor fortification to this structure. I'd like to make the outside somewhat secure before looking into getting power and running water coming into here."

He grinned sheepishly "Now don't get me wrong I don't have any concrete plans on how to make any of this work but I'll make shit up as I go. For now though we're at the 'gather resources' stage." as if to emphasize his point he turned back to the small car he had been pulling parts off of he reached down into the engine and casually tore out the engine block before feeding it to the forge and gauged how long it took to feed it something like an engine with more moving parts verses a door or a more simplistic object.

T.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Lee Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:17 pm

>>Some weird guy just...appeared and landed on the cab of their truck; when he asked which of the two gang members in the bed 'who liked playing with fire?', one replied. "Yer mom!" and both proceeded to open fire on him with their handguns.

Inside, Oni Mask sped up, while the passenger drew a large hunting knife. he leaned out the window, and stabbed the person on top in their right ankle.<<

HiRyuu paid no mind to the bullets that tore through his flesh. For being as close as he was to the two males, their aim was shit, only a couple of bullets finding a home. The katana that materialized in his hand made quick work of the gun-hands of the two gang members he was facing. 

The knife in his ankle was more of a surprise, as that actually did sting quite a bit. With a growl he adjusted his hold on the sword and stabbed it through the window at the moron who thought a knife would do anything more than cause a minor inconvenience. His point made to the passenger in the vehicle, the sword disappeared from his hands. The wounds from the gunshots and hunting knife were already beginning to close when he hopped into the bed of the truck. 

"Now, who's first? Eeenie, meenie, miney..." His malicious grin was all teeth as he pointed to the thug on the right, "mo." In a blur of motion he lunged, his hand punching through the man's chest and gripping his heart at the same time sharp fangs tore out the man' throat. 

Lunch was served. 
Asch Lee
Asch Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum