❦Scattered Dawn❦
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resetting the Board

+3
opheliaswhims
AshK1980
Raijinken
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Resetting the Board  - Page 4 Empty Re: Resetting the Board

Post by Dark Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:16 pm

"Hey,' Rhys said, looking affronted as she turned to Ryuusei, intentionally ignoring the 'cute' part. "Those things are creepy,' she said, thinking of the giant rats. "In any world, and who enjoys,' her nose wrinkled. "This smell?" Not her. She'd lived in a very clean city, in a not so bad part of town...until her grandmother went ballistic, but either way, creepies and smelly...shit, was always to be avoided.

Rhys stuck close to the wall, edging her way further in on the thick pipe above the murky water, then edged back when Yukari mentioned something about blocking the horrible smell. "Here,' Rhys said, holding out a hand to the other girl. "I'll definitely take some." Once Tthe white hair girl had some of the other smelly stuff, she rubbed it under nose, then wrinkled it at the smell. “Okay, okay,’ the girl took a breath through her mouth. “Not my favorite smell but better than bathroom slush.”
The demon girl started back through the hole, glancing up at the stairs. “Who knows if they’ll come down here, but either way, it’s better we get going. I don't want to deal with this world's authorities.” It was to closed up in here for her to fly, so Rhys used the thick pipe to head deeper in.

The dark path that led towards the mansion suddenly lit up on each side by lamps, as if prompting them to go in deeper, and a moment after they did, there was a flash of light on the other side of the mansion; lighting up the sky, illuminating a figure with ebony black wings.

The wings snapped open, stopping the far off figure from tumbling further into the sky, and then it was dashing down, disappearing from sight, but the flashes of light, indicating magic was at work, continued to light up the darkness.

Dark
Admin

https://scatteredawn23483u82.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:25 am

Moriko happily accepted the map from Saori and headphones from Miho. After figuring out where they were on the map, she adjusted the throat mic before speaking. "Ok, Natsuki sent me a message. They are headed...about a quarter mile north and a half mile east from our current position." 

---

Natsuki and Hotone walked down the path, both of them jumping as it was suddenly bathed in light. Adjusting to the lamps, the girls looked up and spotted the winged being in the sky.

"Oh, wow," Natsuki seemed to shrink for a moment, hugging the scepter close to her. Its magic depleted, the object provided no solace. After a moment, the younger girl regained her posture. "Well, I'm pretty certain Olette is over there. Let's see what we can do to help." She exchanged looks with Hotone. There was no hiding the fear in her eyes, but there was resolution in her expression too. Olette had gotten them this far - they couldn't let her efforts go in vain. Both girls picked up their pace, making their way around the side of the mansion.

opheliaswhims

http://www.opheliaswhims.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:36 am

Yukari smiled as she let Rhys take some of the Vaporub and then looked to Ryussei with a smile before taking a finger...and rubbing the Vaporub's strong minty scented stuff all around his nose and under it. "There you guy Ryussei." She said to him as the cap was put back on the Vaporub and stuck in the pack. Yukari would then proceed to produce three plastic sticks. Each one she snapped and would shake before handing one each to Rhys and Ryussei.

"These glow sticks should allow us to see in the dark fairly well down there but only for a limited time." Yukari said as she descended, a soft green glow lighting the walls as she led the way.

Mako nodded as she heard Moriko's directions. "Understood." Her hands moving with precision and ease as the Panzer IV effortlessly changed directions to follow the streets in that general direction. Her driving smooth and effortless as she navigated downtown Tokyo towards their destination.

Miho smiled at Moriko and grabbed her shoulder comfortingly. "Don't worry yourself alright? Just focus on the task at hand. We will get to them and be able to help them." She then looked back up, opening the hatch she had and standing up tall above the tank. Doing so allowed her a greater field of vision regarding their surroundings. She was nervous of enemy ambush to try and slow them down.

"Stay on alert everyone." Miho said, pressing her throat mic so that those in the tank could hear her.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Rhys' wording caused Ryuusei to raise an eyebrow. "So you're not from around here either? Were you dropped in in an alley, half-stoned after being poked and prodded by some shit-heel scientist? Ah, much better!" by that point Yukari had finished rubbing him.

"Glad this...vaporub kicked in after she mentioned other worlds, because the shit stink here's FAR worse than anything I've smelled before."

Once handed the glow stick, he began waving it around curiously. "Even torches are different here..." But sure enough, it was doing the trick as he pointed it through the opening leading to the sewer and saw a bit of the tunnel illuminated. "Very nice! I can normally see well in the dark, but so can they...You got any more if shese burn out before we find anything?"

He stepped through the hole and started waving the stick back and forth. Suddenly he caught something moving, he held the stick steady and looked down to find... "Eh it's just 4 baby turtles, slurping some green good, nothing special!"

He turned around to look down the other side of the tunnel. "bingo!" As he spotted a few food containers scattered down the path. "This way!"

A pair of glowing eyes pierced the darkness around a corner behind the three.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon May 16, 2016 12:27 pm

The other side of the mansion held an expansive garden and a large courtyard around a fountain already broken, water spilling haphazardly down one side of the looming, broken statue that had been a winged lion.

On the left stood the forms of Akirin, and the fallen angel Riquel; the angel was busy fighting off thick vines of emerald green that continued to grow, while Akirin dodged a large black hammer that continued to slam down on him, while trying to get through to the other side of the courtyard where the Mage, Lerant, stood, almost leisurely looking on as the lone female figure, Olette, used her magic to attack the two, her hands glowing, their movements agile and graceful, as if she were conducting an opera.

“Ah, more guests,’ catching sight of them, or perhaps already aware far before they showed themselves, Lerant turned to the two females, giving an elegant bow. “Welcome, I do apologize for the rough state of affairs, it seems neither of these two can figure out that Olette does not wish to go with them,’ he gave Hotone and Natsuki a compelling smile. “Perhaps you two could be more convincing?”

Behind his glasses, his gaze flickered, as if noting they would soon have more company, but gave no other acknowledgement.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon May 16, 2016 12:31 pm

“Nope, no one dropped me off like that,’ Rhys said, following along on her path above the murky waters. “I came willingly, it was that or helping in the destruction of my world, nooo thank you.” The last thing Rhys wanted was to go down in history as maniacal overlord the third.

She took the glow stick offered to her, though didn’t really need it, Rhys had pretty good night vision, and made use of it now to keep herself from getting any dirtier than necessary…or step into an unknown substance she really didn’t want too be in. 

Rhys didn’t want to lead, so when Ryuusei took the lead, she followed behind until a shiver of warning made her pause, turning to look behind her. “Hey,’ she whispered loudly to the others, her voice a little uncertain. “Is,' her voice broke and Rhys coughed before continuing, "that a rat?” The white hair girl took a few steps back. “You check, I follow.” If Rhys had too, she’d fight the damn rats…but that didn’t mean she was going to run into their damn nest…or embrace. The mere thought made her shudder in disgust.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Sat May 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Rounding the corner, the girls saw the scene before them: Akirin and Riquel defending themselves from Olette. 

"Wha...Ole-!" Natsuki squeaked out before Lerant's "greeting". Nat readied herself to head in Olette's direction, but Hotone grabbed her shoulder. The Reaper did not let her gaze falter from the Mage, her brow furrowed. She'd be the first to admit she wasn't as good at reading souls as higher-ranking Reapers were, but there was something off enough about this guy that she even picked it up...but couldn't put her finger on it.

Natsuki followed Hotone's gaze to Lerant and brought herself closer to her companion, clutching the scepter closer to herself.

Even though she was unsure of the situation, Hotone let her expression relax. The man posed no immediate threat. She glanced over to Akirin and Riquel - they seemed to be struggling, but could hold out for a bit longer. Hopefully enough for them to get some information out of this strangely courteous stranger. Hotone's wings flickered thoughtfully, but she kept her feet on the ground, bringing herself to a tall, confident posture.

"And, if I may ask, just how do you know where Olette wants to go?" 

Natsuki let herself fall slightly behind Hotone's figure. She glanced at the decorated, now magic-less head of the scepter. Worry contorted on her face. I wish I could still talk to you, sis...man, I hope you get here soon...

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Miho was glad they arrived at the front gate without incident. Seeing how wide it was, Miho figured the Panzer IV could fit through. Pressing her throat mic, she spoke up. "Mako, proceed through the gate slowly and carefully." The tank crawling forward as the girl in the Driver's position worked her magic to move the nearly thirty ton vehicle through. Miho herself was wishing they had the schürzen mounted but you go with what you got and make it work. That was how Miho did her thing. Hana sitting with half of her outside to see what Miho saw, leaving Moriko inside

Rolling through the yard, the tank was not subtle and would be heard as it crested around the corner and came upon the scene before them. Miho wanted to run and help Riquel, looking down. He had been mean but...

A hand on shoulder made Miho look to Hana. "Go. We got this. Give him a helping hand Commander." She said with that serene smile. Miho nodded and immediately ducked back inside of the Commander's hatch to look to Moriko. "Can you help Hana with loading. I need to go help someone." She said before running out and grabbing the pick axe used from digging embankments from the entrenching kit.

Hana slid in, closing the hatch and smiling at Moriko. "Can you load me a round that has a weird stubby arrow at the tip? Those are APCR rounds and I may need one to deal with that massive hammer." Hana asked politely before dropping into her trance. Her eyes glued to the gunner's sight as she worked to put the hammer and it's shaft right in her sights. Her hand working the turret controls as Mako kept the turning to make it easier on her.

Miho found the tool she needed and went into a run as she jumped off the tank and made for Riquel's position. She hoped he would not be too mad at her for helping but right now, she knew it was probably the right thing to do.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Yukari smiled as she followed, looking to Rhys with a questioning glance...and catching the red eyes the same time, reaching into her pack for...a small brown plastic bag that she threw at the red eyes. "Hah! If they want food so bad! I can show them where to find plenty of it!" Yukari said with a grin. Finding the rats was simple, now just getting them to eat what she had in mind...that might be tricky.

Still, if anything; Yukari was a determined young woman and she would figure out how to meet the challenge before her. After all, almost no one liked American MRE's. She wanted to see if the Rat's shared that sentiment.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:58 pm

"Decisions, decisions..." Ryuusei replied with a smirk after Rhys answered him about why she was here. She didn't come across as the 'World Destroying' type. "You gotta wonder, just HOW fucked up someone's gotta be to want to do that? Like the burg I grew up in was supposedly nice about 20 years ago...then went completely to shit overnight. Now it's FULL of nutjobs the that wold fucked over, and they'd just rather off themselves than light it all up...or just have a pint of bleach."

"...Speak of the devil."

The source of the glowing eyes came into the light, and it wasn't a rat. Instead they were treated to a scruffy-bearded, jittery old man, with rotted or missing teeth. He muttered...stuff, and the only thing Ryuusei could make out was "I'm a tree". The tree lumbered closer, it's 'branches' extended, one of which contained an orange jug with the word 'Tide' written on it. The tree took a drink as it moved to each of the girls and proceeded to sniff them and just seemed to cirle the group.

Ryuusei kept a close eye on this and asked Yukari. "Got any food for him?"
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 am

Lerant raised an eyebrow at Hotone's question, his gaze flickering to Olette. "Is it not clear? She is, after all, fighting them off." His gaze soon moved past Hotone to Natsuki. "I believe that belongs to Olette, she has been quite patient, but it is time the scepter is returned to her." 

It was about that time that the tank rolled up to them, but Lerant paid it little heed, instead glancing over at the Sorceress. "Olette, your scepter." 

The young woman turned away from the dark angel just as Miho joined him, though the green vines showed no signs of stopping their lashing attack. Riquel tsked in annoyance, dodging one of the vines while cutting another, but although he tried, had little chance to get through them to the sorceress, instead sending his sword flying inches above Miho's head. "Watch your back,' he said, the sword reappearing in his hand as the lashing vine behind Miho toppled to the ground, bursting into green glimmering sparks. 

This had been an annoyance from the beginning, but it would become even more so if the woman got her hands on that scepter, unfortunately, he and now the human female, were surrounded by vines unwilling to let them pass, and Akirin...Riquel was sure he could get past that hammer...if he weren't being so careful about not harming Olette. "I hope your friends have some sort of plan,' he told Miho, voice clipped. "Or this will not end in our favor." 

The large energy hammer continued to slam down, keeping Akirin dodging striking blows that left large dents on the stone floor, and while he tried to make it past it, the speed of the hammer made it almost impossible...he could destroy it, but as far, didn't know what it would do to Olette. After all, he knew she used the scepter for a reason, without it to channel her magic, there might be a chance of some backlash on her. 'Though it seems I may not have a choice.' That scepter could not reach her hands. 

"You...' Akirin paused as he tried to recall the girls' names. "Natsuki, Hotone!" He called to them. "Don't let that scepter reach Olette's hands!" His words reached them just as the young Sorceress stopped a few steps in front of Lerant and smiled gently at the two, extending her hand. "Thank you for coming so far, I'm sorry to put you through so much trouble, but could I have my scepter back now?" Her voice was sweet, friendly, trying to put the two at ease, but her eyes were still and emotionless, dark.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:37 am

Hmm...now Rhys couldn't help wondering where Ryuusei came from, not that it sounded like the best place to visit anytime soon, at least not for her. Her grandmother on the other hand...maybe. 

She stayed behind the two, her eyebrows rising when it turned out to be...an old man trying to give them juice, at least she thought it was juice. 
"Uh, thanks, but I'm not thirsty." She said, looking dubiously at the drink. Though now that Ryuusei mentioned it, Rhys went through her pockets and pulled out a small wrapped bar. "I always have something on me,' who knew when she'd get hungry. "Here,' she passed the chocolate bar to Yukari. "Give it to him,' she was after all still half hidden behind them...just in case. 

"Anyway, on the off chance of sounding,' she flicked her hand. "Crazy, I don't suppose you've seen giant, ugly rats running around down here? Like really, really big ones...the size of horses?" Not that Rhys really expected the old man to know much, if anything that didn't sound crazy..though the girl supposed she had sounded about on the same level. "I don't suppose either of you know how to track the things?" Rhys whispered to her companions. "Usually, I could probably have followed their scent, but right now,' her nose wrinkled. "I'm all...scented out."

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Natsuki jumped at the approach of the tank, while Hotone did not take her focus off Lerant. Her struggle to read his soul was frustrating, and the roar of the tank adding to the cacophony of the nearby battle eliminated any chance of her garnering any more knowledge from it, at least until things quieted down again. 

The hatch of the tank opened, and Miho dashed past to help Riquel before either of the girls could get a word in edgewise. Hotone watched Miho join the battle, and Natsuki quickly spun around to face the now closing hatch. "Oh!! MORI! If you can hear me I'm okay!!" the younger sister called out just before the hatch shut.

Moriko had been anxious since they rolled to a stop at the mansion. She knew, or at least hoped, Nat was out there somewhere. After Miho hopped out, she heard Natsuki call out as Hana began to close the hatch. She couldn't hear the words, but her sister's tone of voice rang with enough vitality to tell her she was fine at the moment. It made her legs tingle regardless, as she wanted nothing more than to jump out and use her daggers to defend Natsuki. Still, as Hana gave her direction, she knew she had to stay put and help, especially at the mention of a giant hammer. Moriko grabbed the round and loaded it as they had taught her earlier.

Natsuki turned back as Olette approached. The sorceress' voice was as calming and kind as it was when she spoke to Natsuki through the scepter, but her expression made Nat wary. She tightened her grip on the scepter, feeling her hands slide as they had grown clammy. It gave her an idea...

The girl shoved the scepter into Hotone's side. The Reaper, who had been distracted, looked bewildered at Natsuki. "Wha- I don't want-"

"Just get some height!" Natsuki pleaded. Hotone took the scepter. She didn't make the time to add in a last quip, just a short nod before outstretching her wings and ascending.

Natsuki turned back toward Olette. "I think deep down you're really kind. I don't think you are you right now. I hope this helps!" Or at least is distraction enough, she thought as she pulled out a player's pin with a splash logo on it. She aimed her hands towards Olette's legs as water bullets shot out toward the sorceress.

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Miho ducked as the sword flew above her head, nodding. "Thank you." She went to take Riquel's back as he spoke  to her about watching her back. Deciding to watch Riquel's back and let him cover her. She listened further and looked on as Natsuki fired bullets of water at Olette's legs. So the objective was to keep the scepter away from Olette? 

"I may have a plan if these vines need vision on their targets?" Looking to Riquel for an answer. Touching her mic that was on her neck and hoping the signal would reach her friends, she only had to say one sentence.

"Ready to initiated Operation Smokey Smokes on my signal." Miho knew her friends would get her idea on how to solve the situation quickly. She immediately reached for her phone and saw a response from Saori, hitting the Voice-to-Text function, she repeated the phrase.

---------------

In the tank, Saori was listening to the radio though it was not a match so it proved pointless for the most part. Still, it was good practice to keep up with her Class II Amatuer Radio License. It was at that point she heard Miho's broken voice come through the headphones.

"Re...Op...Key...Smo..." Saori quickly got her cellphone out and within five seconds sent Miho a response askign for clarification, stating the radio was not picking her up clearly. As soon as the response arrived, Saori looked back to Hana and Moriko. "Hana, Hold fire!"

"Holding fire." Hana would confirm.

Looking to Moriko, Saori spoke. "Above you near Miho's postion...grab the trigger device with a red button attached to a cord. Be ready to push that button on my signal." She than looked to Mako to explain the rest of Miho's plan.

"Mako, remember the Finals match and Operations Smokey Smoke and Motorcycle Gang?" Saori asked as Mako already got the engine revving.

"Yes I do. Miho wants us to lay down a smoke screen?" Mako would asks in her monotone voice as a hand went to the gear shift while a foot prepared to hit the clutch so she could change gears at a moment's notice.

Hana smiled and looked to Moriko. "You may want to strap yourself in. Mako will be throwing this tank around a lot while driving it." The person in question standing up to get a feel for the wind so as to maximize the smokescreen's potential.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Yukari looked a little saddened that it was not a giant rat but instead was a 'Tree' that drank laundry detergent....but immediately smiled as Ryussei asked if she had any more food to give him. Producing a chocolate bar and handing it to him. "Here you go sir." Looking to Rhys while waiting for an answer to the question.

"Yeah, we are all scented out thanks to having Vaporub under our noses." Yukari would elaborate for them all. "Not sure what they would look like. Probably just really big rats." Looking to Rhys for clarification on what she saw during her encounter with the,.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:53 pm

The 'tree' sniffed the chocolate bar and with surprising speed for someone of his...mental capicity, snatched it from Yukari and devoured it, wrapper and all. And then washed it down with some Tide.

"Ugh...I don't wanna be around when he shits that out," Ryuusei took his gaze off of the Old Oak and scanned his surroundings. "Since I imagine we're standing in his toilet."

Now that he was finished with his meal, the tree addressed the girls' questioning regarding the rats...or at least what registered to him. "Grass? Grass! Grass all around us!" Motioning first to Ryuusei's hair, and then to green goo all around the sewage tunnel they were standing in. He reached down with his free branch and scooped up a large glob of it, which he offered to the ladies. "Share! Grass healthy!"
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:10 am

The Sorceress's dark gaze followed Hotone's flight path as the woman took off with her scepter, those eyes began to narrow, her right arm to lift- then Natsuki's voice had the sorceress turning her attention to the girl before her.

Natsuki's words brought a dim flicker to Olette's dark eyes, but it seemed almost as if from too far off, and was gone a moment later, but it was enough of a distraction that the water bullets struck their mark, eliciting a yelp from the sorceress as she fell to her knees, long wavy hair falling over her shoulders as sat there, looking almost like a discarded life-size doll.

"Pity,' Lerant stepped towards Olette, crouching down and helping the girl to her feet, an arm wrapped around her waist. "You should be kinder to her,' Lerant said, tone almost reproachful. "I believe she was abandoned by the one she loved not long ago; undo what I have done, and she will fall to pieces like a china doll." He held out a free hand. "I would appreciate it if your friend returned that scepter to us. There is far more here that you seem to believe is, far more that I hold back, but without the scepter to help...' he gave a shake of his head. "I can only do it for so long. Or...would you rather deal with a vampiric Sorceress? One who drains life, not blood?" Indeed, it was one of the reasons he held Olette back, though of course...merely one in the larger scheme of a branching plan. 

Riquel slashed at several vines, only to see them replaced by more. His lips pursed in displeasure. 'A pity I don't control fire,' he could have simply burned them to cinders. Of course...that was assuming his power at the moment was strong enough. The girl behind him spoke and he spared her a glance before turning back to cut at more of the vines. 
"I don't know, for all we know they're simply sensing our movement...or fighting blind." Either option brought them problems. "But if you happen to have a plan, be my guest." They could only keep this up for so long. Even Akirin, held back by the hammer that kept him away from the Mage and those near him, seemed to be faltering.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:15 am

Rhys wrinkled her nose at the...Tree's choice of drink. She wholeheartedly agreed with Ryuusei on this...she did not want to stick around either, and even less when the tree assumed this place was a green field of...grass.

"Uh, no thanks. I just ate,' the white hair girl said, stepping back as they were offered goo. "Hey, Ryuusei,' she whispered at an aside to him. "We might want to leave before he decides your hair looks yummy enough to eat.” If this creature hadn’t seen the rats, then there was no reason to stick around, not that she was looking forward to finding the rats, but neither did she want them finding some unfortunate human either, and while the scented medicine under her nose was mostly doing its job, Rhys could only take so much of either scent before it stated making her nauseous. 

"Just so we're clear,' Rhys said, trying to pronounciate her words slowly. "You have not seen any giant,' she gestured to a much smaller, passing rat, slightly easing behind Yukari. "Rats?"

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:26 pm

Moriko continued to follow instructions, finding the button and making sure she was fastened in. The whole ordeal strangely reminded her of a roller coaster...it was helpfully distracting amidst the weight of the situation. It helped take some of her anxiety off of Natsuki, especially since the team of girls had a plan in mind. 'Finally, some order and planning around here!' Moriko thought, restoring her confidence.

Outside, Natsuki felt cornered. She looked from Lerant to the hammer, to the vines, to the waterlogged Olette, and finally up to Hotone. The last time Hotone was in the air she was fighting the man in dark armor. Would he be back? 
She didn't like having everyone's lives on the line for this. But, if Lerant got the scepter, would there be even more lives at stake...? He was very cryptic to Nat, everything about him screamed "villain"; yet something tugged at the back of her head, saying that things were much less black and white than her and the others thought.
As if all this wasn't bad enough, there was no one beside her to help make a decision. Without much choice, so focused back on Lerant.
"I...I don't want anyone hurt. Not Olette, or Riquel, or anyone. I...we...could make a deal. If I give the scepter back, what happens? Will you stop the attacks on my friends?" she shifted her focus to the Sorceress. "Olette, please, I know you're there, please stop hurting our friends! Can't you see we're all here for you? To save you?" Tears welled up in her eyes over her frustration. "Just...we can end this. Please, Olette..."

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:30 am

The Sorceress continued her silent dark stare, instead it was Lerant who spoke. “Very well,’ he pulled his hand from around Olette, leaving the sorceress to stand on legs that trembled. “I will make you a deal,’ the Mage took a step forward, tilting his head towards the scepter. “Return the scepter to Olette and I will stop this,’ he gestured towards the fighting.“My group and I,’ he pointed upwards, to where Hotone had gone, but Natsuki might soon notice the dark figures of the four black knights Lerant had sent after them before, all circling around Hotone, yet keeping their distance, while further out were the figures of the blonde young woman and the Valkyrie, all silently waiting for his signal.

“Will withdraw. I am afraid Olette must come back with me, without an anchor she will become a deadly hazard rather quickly. The choice is in your hands. Ms. Natsuki; will you take the chance that your friends can defeat mine…or will you end this now?” His tone was calm, almost gentle as he spoke. “And if you wish it, I shall grant you one more choice,’ Mage extended a hand towards her. “If you are worried of what might become of Olette, you may come with us and see for yourself.”

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:05 pm

Miho looked both towards the Panzer IV and then back to the standoff where Natsuki faced off with Lerant while keeping aware enough to watch Hotone's flight as well as noting the four people surrounding her. Taking note of the Valkyrie and another woman. They needed to stop this once and for all and free Olette. Even if Lerant thought he was justified...every fiber of her being said what he was doing was the wrong way to do this. She believed in that moment to take affect.

That is when she saw the hatch open with Saori standing up and waving from her position in the Panzer IV. All was ready as Miho yelled out loud enough that hopefully everyone could hear her over the tank's engine those two words, especially Saori.

"Panzer vor!"

-----------------

Saori was immediately sitting down to yell back, "Make it happen Mako!" Mako nodded as the tank engined roared to full life. The gears shifting as the 27 ton vehicle literally shot forward from a stand still. Inside, Saori looked to Moriko and waited...before immediately standing back up.

-----------------

Miho watched as the Panzer IV surged forward from where it was resting, turning and heading to pass where Akirin was facing off with the Hammer. Saori surged up and bent forward to reach a hand out towards him as she would manage to yell out, "Grab and get on!"

-----------------

Inside, Hana turned to Moriko and smiled. "Hit the button please, Moriko." Hana would than turn to the turret as she waited for them to get into position. Her mind already clearing and getting into a zen state as she pictured her target...the Mansion itself. You would have to be Momo to miss it at this range and Hana was known as one of the best Gunners in the National Sensha-do league for a reason!

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:11 am

Yukari smiled as she was also offered some grass. "Oh I am quite fine Mister. I also ate before coming down here. I do thank you for the offer." She would give him a proper bow of respect before asking. "Yeah, we are looking for really big furry creatures, bigger than you probably normally see down here sir." Smiling the entire time though she did wish Saori was here. Saori was the team's People Person after all.

She was wondering how her friends were getting on without her right now but she had faith they were doing fine. After all, they had to save their school twice and had faith they could do it!

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:41 pm

"Either that or smoke it..." Ryuusei whispered back to Rhys when she commented on the Tree eating his hair. "Looks like we'll have our chance."

As Yukari was refusing the grass, the straps of her backpack began to loosen. Once undone, the bag slowly began to float into the tunnel her at her back.

He then whispered. "Let's see where it's going." and began to walk slowly down the tunnel after the bag. "Later Pops!" He waved. "...Love to hang here and eat your grass, but we got a magic flying bag to catch!" And started down the tunnel.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opheliaswhims Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Hotone wasn't quite sure where the four knights appeared from, as she had been focusing down on Natsuki. What the heck was going ON down there? She wanted to shout a snide comment, but the enemies surrounding her made her feel frozen. The Reaper clutched scepter closer to herself, returning her gaze just in time to see Natsuki walking toward Lerant and Olette. 
"WhAT?!" Hotone lashed out, lurching forward before a knight moved to block her point of view. She growled in frustration, and the four knights unsheathed their weapon. Hotone was ready to summon hers as well when the knights suddenly stiffened, their weapons disappearing as they assembled in a row behind her. The knights began to approach her as one, and she soon realized they were forcing her to land back near Lerant and Olette.
As her feet touched the ground and her wings folded behind her, she made no pause approaching Natsuki, who now stood by Olette, holding the sorceress' shoulders for support. 
"What, did you get her back? Oh, awesome!" Hotone turned to Lerant, "I knew you'd give in-"

"Hotone, hand Olette the scepter." Natsuki cut her off, her voice soft, yet strained. "She needs its power." 

"Oh, uh, sure thing." Hotone answered, returning the staff to its owner. Upon handling, Olette's vitality seemed to return to her, her legs no longer shaking. However, the look in her eyes was still distant. The top of the scepter renewed its glow, gaining power once more. Hotone gave a warm smile. Finally, they could move on with everything-

"A deal's a deal, Lerant. Stop the attacks on my friends." Natsuki said. "I...I wanna say goodbye to my friend first." She didn't wait for the man's approval before approaching Hotone, quickly pulling her into a hug, pulling them out of earshot. 

"HEY WHAT THE-"

"H-Hotone..." Natsuki whispered. Hotone could practically hear the tears in her voice, and decided against her normal snarky behavior. 
"U-Uh, yeah...kid?" 
"I'm...I'm going with them. To watch over Olette."
"No! No, you can't!" Hotone pulled Natsuki off of her so they could make eye contact. "What're you, nuts?!"
"I, I, um, can use the scepter, right?" Natsuki continued in her whisper. I'll take the next chance I can to communicate with it. Help from the inside, right?" 

Hotone felt her face drain as she saw the tears welling up in Natsuki's eyes. To think this kid was her nuisance in the Underground, and now, she almost felt bad, awful, even. She wanted to grab Nat and fly off, but her guess was that wouldn't end well, not with them being outnumbered. That hammer looked like it could flatten the Panzer IV like a pancake.

"Just...please help my sister. Uh, I guess I should say good luck, too, she'll be a handful when she gets out of that tank." Natsuki gave a slight laugh, wiping her eyes. Hotone dropped her hands from Natsuki's shoulders. 

"Heh, yeah, you're gonna owe me one for sure when you're back." She tried to give a small smirk. "Uh, you know...be careful." Hotone pulled a pin from her pocket. The pin's logo was one of her cat-like Noise. "This pin will bring one Noise out for you at a time. If you need a hand." She set the pin in Nat's hand. With that, Nat returned to her spot next to Olette. Olette waved the scepter after exchanging eye contact with Lerant, and the vines and hammer faded away, and her hair and dress became dry.

Hotone shot a glare toward Lerant. "Ugh, this just got personal..." she muttered. 

Her attention then turned to the Panzer, which had successfully picked up Akirin and had situated itself to attack the mansion itself. Hotone looked back to Lerant, a smug grin clean across her face. "Gee, hope there's nothing important in there..."

Inside the tank, Moriko was as focused in as the rest of the girls, albeit not as wonderfully as she was not used to the fast movement of the tank like they were. The adrenaline was helping, though. She followed Hana's order and pressed the button.

opheliaswhims

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Yukari's backpack floated through the tunnel, eventually landing in the front-paws now vaguely resembling human hands. The Giant Rat turned and walked slowly down the tunnel to avoid suspicion. Suddenly it's large ears perked up at the sounds of footsteps and a voice coming from the clearing. With a loud squeak, the Rat held the backpack in it's mouth and bound down the tunnel on all fours, periodically looking back. In doing so the Rat missed a turn linto an adjacent tunnel leading to the lair and continued down the path it currently traveled. The Rat soon arrived at a ladder leading to the street. Upon the manhole cover bursting open, the rodent beheld a large mansion, several...unique...individuals  and that  mechanical monstrosity that was outside the store.
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:16 pm

The sound of a loud engine coming closer warned Akirin, he pulled away, simultaneously dodging both the hammer and the large vehicle the girls were using, instead he landed on the roof of the loud vehicle, silently hoping that whatever they were up to, it would help end this battle soon. However, it was not them who finished it, although Akirin wasn’t sure who did, but suddenly the hammer was gone, and the vines threatening Riquel and the girl with him, were gone. Narrowing his eyes in suspicion, Akirin turned his gaze to Lerant.

*   *  *
Lerant said nothing as Hotone turned to him, he had already given a set of choices, it was up to Natsuki to decide her next move, and with an almost certainty…he knew what she would choose. He glanced at Olette who looked to Hotone, reaching for the staff as the woman held it out to her, the Sorceress’s slender fingers tightening around it, bringing it to her side. Her posture straightened, the weakness in her legs seeming to disappear though she did nothing else as Natsuki turned to Lerant. He gave a nod and stepped back, Olette following a few steps behind.

The Mage gave them their short privacy then turnred back, raising an eyebrow at Hotone when she directed her words at him. “This was always personal I’m afraid,’ his gaze went to the vehicle threatening his home. “And that is not something I can allow to hit.” He made a quick gesture with his hand. It didn’t stop the object heading towards the mansion, but inches before it could damage the building, it met with a resistance that rippled outwards, showing the barrier that had stopped it from smashing into the mansion, and the structure itself began disappear behind a thick fog that quickly spilled outward, swallowing the blonde hair girl, Valkyrie, and the knights, one of which winked at Hotone, giving a short wave. “It’s been fun, maybe we can play another time.” He chuckled before the mist swallowed him as well. 
The thick foggy wave continued forward, enveloping Lerant as well then rose to swallow Olette, but not before she gently took Natsuki’s hand and followed after Lerant, the mist encompassing both of them.

For a mere moment everything was covered in fog, then the next the fog was gone, and so was Natsuki and Lerant’s group, as well as the mansion and its grounds; those left behind would find themselves standing on a vacant lot.

Akirin sighted, running a hand through his hair and jumping off the vehicle. “This does not bode well…” He had a bad feeling of things to come, but since he couldn’t sense either Lerant or Olette, there was little he could do but return home for the moment, though not immediately. “Is everyone alright?” He glanced at Riquel who gave a stiff nod, and after a moment  the angel spoke reluctantly. “Now what? I find I dislike that that,’ he sneered the word. “Mage won.”

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:23 pm

**The Mansion** 
tag: Natsuki

Natsuki would find that the walk through the mist was short, and soon there was an end to it; the mist retreated, disappearing behind them, leaving her and several others in a spacious living room lit only by a large fire place, here and there could be seen rugs on the floor, sofas to sit on, a table and chair near a lamp.

“Welcome to my home,’ Lerant turned to Natsuki, giving an elegant bow. “Make yourself comfortable, I will have someone show you to a room soon. However, I must first attend to matters.” He looked to Olette even as the girl’s body began to waver, then fall; she was caught by the large red knight who followed after the Mage who stepped out of the room, only pausing when the sound of the scepter falling to the floor reached him. “Someone pick it up and bring it along.”

Natsuki would find the Valkyrie standing by her side. “Hi,’ unlike Olette, this girl’s green gaze was lit with life, showing she was no puppet. She motioned to the fallen scepter. “Want to get it? You came because of Olette right? I’m sure you want to see what happens to her.”  

The Mage continued forward, into a dimly lit corridor, paused by one of the few black lamps lighting their steps, reached out and pulled it to the left. Symbols appeared down the wall, then it split apart silently, revealing steps that led down to another room, one much larger, yet somehow looked as if it was split in two; on one side it was a garden blooming with glimmering flowers and thick grass beneath their feet. 
The other was just as beautiful, but instead of a blooming spring, it was an icy winter, here and there were small white three petal flowers, the only true life to be found, instead there were sculptures of trees and flowers, designs in the thick ice, snow on the floor, and in the middle of it all was a crystal which housed a sleeping young woman of pale skin and bright blonde hair. Lerant only glanced at her, his gaze much warmer, then stepped deeper into the garden, casting a quick spell that had green glimmers of magic pick up Olette, pulling her into the large pink crystal that inhabited the middle of the garden.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Rhys held in a snort of laughter at Ryuusei’s suggestion, though her lips did bend into a half smile. “Let me know how that goes if you try it.” She whispered back. "I'll take pictures." 

Well, she would give Yukari credit for the wavy she conducted herself, even if the girl looked a little unsure, Rhys didn’t really think of herself as much of a ‘people person’, which meant it was good one of the three of them was actually trying to be one. 

The demon girl waved a goodbye at the tree guy and followed the other two after the floating backpack, tisking when they lost sight of it. “Any chance you have a tracker on it?” Rhys asked Saori. “Cause I still can’t smell anything, therefore I can’t track anything unless they make a sound or the scent is stronger than all this yuck in here.” Which she highly doubted it was.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PanzerZorn Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:39 am

Yukari watched as her backpack floated off from her back and down the tunnel. She would shoot a look at Rhys and chuckle. "Nope but we need to catch up now." Yukari started to jog after her backpack but turned and gave the Crazy Old Guy a polite bow. "Thank you for the kind offers sir. Sorry we had to refuse." She turned and would return to her chase, stopping as she heard the scampering of steps. She listened and pointed in the direction they came from. "After that bag!" She called out, taking off at a dash down the tunnel...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saori watched in amazement as Akirin leaped onto the Panzer IV but leaned forward to look at him with a look that was easy to read. "Well, that was certainly impressive. How does a cutie like you get big and strong enough to jump like that?" She smiled at the guy but turned as the tank stopped, Hana holding her shot as the Mansion vanished.

The next thing was white acrid smoke filling the air around them as Moriko's pushing of the button dumped raw oil into the system, creating a smokescreen. Mako rolling her eyes as she watched Saori making puppy eyes at Akirin.

"Also, what does a girl have to do to get your number?" The eternal maiden in love of Ankou Team would ask him next. The obvious flirting being interrupted by Hana clearing her throat.

"Saori, this is not the time for flirting." The more mature member of the group would say to her friend with a warm smile that was turned to Akirin. "Apologies if Saori's flirtations are bothering you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miho could handle defeat as she watched the vines disappear and than looked to Lerant herself. Her heart feeling dismayed when seeing Natsuki go with the Wizard and his crew. It was a defeat but Miho would not be easily detered. She'd find a way to help out but there would be a next time, she was certain. Her eyes turning to Riquel and looking down at the ground before looking back up.

"Thank you for helping. I am sorry we didn't succeed." She started to say but now had to think. How to talk to a guy who had talked to rudely to her before. She didn't want to let how he acted affect how she acted towards him and was standing in just the right place to look past him and see...a giant Rat sticking it's head out of the place where the manhole cover should be?

"Um...what is that?" She would ask Riquel, pointing behind the Angel.

PanzerZorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijinken Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:34 pm

"Nah, things are fucked up enough without involving big pink dragons." He whispered bak to the Demon girl as they ran down a corridor.

Meanwhile, on the street in front of the...lot, a manhole cover popped up as a giant rat burst from the hole leading to the sewer. The enormous rodent, with bag in mouth eyed the large vehicle and recalled that it was outside the store it and some of it's kind had raided earlier.

Down below the echo of voices could be heard. "It went up here." Ryuusei poked his head out of the manhole and spotted. "Hey it's the rest of your crew." With them were Akirin and Riquel. "And those guys that took off earlier, what they decided to just hang out in front of a vacant lot? Did you find the scepter's owner?"

Seeing that it was 'surrounded', the rat bolted around the Panzer IV...right into a street lamp. As it's head jerked, the strap clutched between it's teeth snapped and the bag fell to the ground as the rodent charged down the street...
Raijinken
Raijinken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Akirin could do nothing but watch as the mansion disappeared along with the Sorceress and one of the sisters. He let out a small sigh of displeasure, his gaze turning to the girls, finally realizing that one had been speaking to him, and now the other one was too. His first instinct was to ignore them, but they had helped, it would be rude to remain silent. 
Akirin gave the girls a smile. “Sorry, I don’t carry electronics on me,’ he had his reasons. “No need for apologies, and,’ he tilted his head towards them in a small bow. “Thank you for your assistance. If you’ll excuse me, I must return home.” His wings snapped open and in one fluid movement Akirin was in the air, fading into the distance.

An almost sour taste came along with the displeasure Riquel was feeling. His grip on the hilt of his blade tightened, his teeth gritted behind closed lips. No, he was not happy that they had lost to the Mage, and while Riquel would have pursued if possible, it wasn’t...at the moment. He finally turned to leave, only for the human female that had fought along him to apologize, then point something out behind him. Riquel glanced back, watching the large rat appear from a hole in the ground, it rushed away from them, dropping a bag and racing off afterward.

“Hmm…was that normal?” He knew next to nothing about the human world, including the size of creatures such as those. 
Voices spilled from the hole in the ground, and another of the males that had been with the group appeared. “The scepter and its owner are no longer here.” He answered curtly, turning to go. As he passed by Miho, he tapped her shoulder lightly. “You held your own.” It was as close to a compliment, or apology, that Riquel would get to. He spread dark wings and took off. It’s not as if he had a destination, but neither did he plan to keep the group company.  

“Hey!” Rhys called up to Ryuusei. “Hurry up and make room, if you haven’t noticed, this place stinks.” She impatiently waited for the other boy to move and once there was room, Rhys jumped, grabbing a hold of the edge of the hole and swung herself up, legs first, landing on the ground on her feet. “Ah,’ she breathed, stepping away from the manhole. “Sweet, sweet clear air." She glared over. “That’s the last time I go in there.” 
It was only then that Rhys realized the rest of their group was there…minus a few others. She had a bad feeling about it, and her sigh showed. “Let me guess; they got away.” Damn it! Rhys had wanted to help Olette, the Sorceress had done so much for her, but now… ‘I can always look for her.’ Rhys thought. This was far from over; she’d find her friend.

Dark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum